3; Selfish

Before Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

self·ish

/ˈselfiSH/

adjective

adjective: selfish

(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Next Day

“Morning, Yena unnie.” Nako greeted with a small grin as she saws Yena shuffling some things in her bag,

“Good morning, the janitor’s closet is clean again, wanna go?” Yena’s offer made Nako shake her head.

“Not today, I need to go to P.E because apparently those grades pass to Japan,” Nako jokes, making Yena roll her eyes.

“Alright then, I’ll see you at third period,” 

Once Yena leaves, Nako looks over at Hitomi who hadn’t taken her eyes off her ever since she entered the school, both meeting eyes the voice spoke again.

“Talk to her,”

“Avoid her.” 

Nako does as said, and walks away to head to her first class before she enters her class. Someone pulls her into the closet right next to the entrance, seeing the face, Nako looks up at Chaewon and back at her wrist to what Chaewon was holding onto.

“You're hurting me,” Nako said, not her wrist, just her in general. With that, Chaewon felt worse.

“Can we talk about what you saw?” no. Nako knew what she saw and maybe had started crying for a while after. Avoid. 

“No, I think we shouldn’t.” Nako pushes Chaewon away, making Chaewon fall down onto the crate of towels before quickly walking out the door.

“Betray her even worse.” hearing that voice inside her head, Chaewon gives herself smack on the head, not knowing what that voice was protruding. 

--

“You're selfish.” 

Hitomi tries to shake that voice away as she tries to concentrate on the lecture when all the sudden that distraction comes back, and even worse.

“Kim Minju is back!” A kid shouts at the back, Hitomi remembers that name and once she remembered it was Chaewon’s ex and what everyone says, “Chaewon’s best girlfriend she had ever had.” (and that would make Hitomi jealous)

“Be nice to her.”

“Great, when I thought my life was going great.” it wasn’t going great. Hitomi says sarcastically, Minju lets out an angelic laugh.

“Chaewon’s new girlfriend, Kim Minju, nice to meet you.” Minju extends her hand, trying to be nice to Hitomi but she doesn’t get the same response.

“Never knew Chaewon’s cute new looking girlfriend would also be a jealous type, nice to know.” Minju sits down next to Hitomi without permission, as the teacher starts her lecture again.

“I don’t like starting conversations,”

“What part of you thinks i’m here to ruin your stupid relantionship, instead i should be the one jealous and mad that I’m back, jealous that she left me for you and mad because I have to deal with it.” Minju responded that some students who were nearby looked over at the two.

“Ms. Kim, would you like to share it with the class?” the teacher got the attention of Minju, Minju shakes her head and bows before assuring the teacher that she was okay.

Minju looks at the dumbfounded Hitomi before looking at Chaewon who just entered the classroom without knowing Minju’s presence.

“Listening to your head.” 

“Hey excuse-” Chaewon taps the brown haired girl’s shoulder, when she sees Minju look at her, she froze up. All flashbacks coming, it hurted her because the reason Minju left was because of the heart break after Chaewon confessed and came clean. She felt something for the japanese.

“I was going to move anyways,”

Chaewon runs away from the classroom, Hitomi goes after her as she notices that Chaewon became tense.

Chaewon enters the closest bathroom, seeing a familiar person there she stops, Nako looks at her concern, as she was in the bathroom for the same reason.

Hitomi stops too, seeing Nako standing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter