9; avoid

Before Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a·void

/əˈvoid/

verb

keep away from or stop oneself from doing (something).

Next Day

After yesterday, Hitomi didn’t know if she wanted to avoid Nako or not, but she knew she couldn’t, maybe it was for the better that she asked Nako herself. Nako felt the same, she doesn’t know if she should talk to her, she’s scared Hitomi would feel uncomfortable around her for that reason.

“Nakochan, can we talk after school?” Hitomi asked Nako once the two finally arrived at the class they both were in.

“I’m going to be busy, sorry.” Nako lied, as much as she really wanted to not lie, she had to.

“Oh..” Hitomi breathes out before walking away from Nako. The said girl tried not to look over at Hitomi but failed once Hitomi had her attention on something else.

Class time went fast, Hitomi wanted to ask Nako if they could talk, she didn’t want to beg, so she didn’t and just walked out of class. Nako stood there for a while as she was starting to regret not saying yes to her. Nako walks out of the class as she now headed to the cafeteria for lunch which meant talking to our nicest councler Yena.

“Don’t avoid her Nako,” Yena suggested, earning a groan from Nako as she placed her elbow on the table.

“You know how I feel,”

“Yeah but you need to hear her out too, she’s also your friend too.” Yena answered, Nako hummed in response as she left the conversation at that. Hitomi is still her friend and that wasn’t going to change anytime soon (or was it).

“I have some advice for you, be her friend or be as close before all this mess, it’s the best you can have and you should be grateful she is instead trying to talk to you unlike you, who is avoiding her.” Yena advised, Nako slowly puts her head down as it sounded pretty true.

“Tomorrow, I want you to come back to school like always and pretend nothing happened and it’s like everyday,” Yena encourages her, she was such a caring friend and it felt like a soft pang hit Nako’s heart of how sweet it felt to hear Yena say that.

“Thank you for making me feel better,” Nako thanked, as she thought this moment was sincere, Yena bursted out into laughter making Nako confused a bit.

“You know i’m repeating the words you said when I was having a of a huge crush on Yuri and she rejected,” oh right, she was now just quoting on what Nako had said to Yena on her first heartbreak with Yuri.

“Talking about the devil,” Nako murmured as she saw Yuri approaching them with a smile imprinted on her face.

“How did my two babies awake today?” Yuri cooed as she gave Nako a hug and Yena a peck on the lips. Nako rolls her eyes as she sees the two be so affectionate with each other.

“Neutral,”

“Didn’t sleep,”

“How come?” Yuri asked as she heard Nako’s answer, Yena also wanted to ask the reason why Nako didn’t sleep but she thinks she knows the reason why.

“Just was scared to not want today to happen,”  Nako explained in short, Yuri gave her a small pat on the back as a small meaning of “everything is going to be okay”.

“You’re fine right now,” Yuri reassured as if it was true, i mean it is but nervousness is killing Ms. Yabuki right now.

“I believe so,” Nako agreed as she did feel nervous but nothing as bad as happened.

“Someone keeps staring at us,” Yena murmured as she shifted her lips a bit to the side, giving them the signal that Hitomi was looking at the three.

“What do you want me to do?” Asked Nako in confusion of what was going on.

“Don't look, you make eye contact with her, you’ll start blushing.” as Nako heard that she disobeyed Yuri’s orders and looked right back at Hitomi, making Yena and Yuri sigh.

“You ..” Yuri sighed as she saw that the two made eye contact as Nako had started to feel the heat run to her face, they just stared at each other, eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter