Chapter 1

Before Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

as·pect

 

/ˈaspekt/

 

noun

 

noun: aspect; plural noun: aspects

 

a particular appearance or quality.


The noise of a bicycle screeching was heard, stopping in front of the school, Hitomi sighed, new day of school, huh?

“Hiichan!” A voice called, turning her head over to the basketball player, Yujin waves at her making Hitomi internally panic.

Why? Maybe because everytime she interacts with Yujin, it will end up with them inside a detention room (due to the fact that Yujin is a troublemaker) ft. Eunbi scolding them on “how to stop causing trouble”

“I’m not going to cause trouble,” Yujin said, as if she knew what Hitomi was thinking. Hitomi chuckles softly as she hopped off her bike.

“Nayoung said to tell you about the..” Yujin continued before clicking her tongue, Hitomi looked up at her and shrugged as they now headed over inside the department.

“I’ll do it, also have you seen Nakochan?” Hitomi asked, Yujin gave her a nod before pointing straight.

“Computer lab, she met with Ssamu.” Yujin explained making Hitomi’s ears perk up as she heard a specific nickname.

“Do I look good?” Hitomi says while fixing her hair and checking if she looked alright.

“ off, can’t tell if you’re trying to impress Chaewon or Nako,” Yujin scoffed, Hitomi gave her a confused look. Not knowing why she said Nako even though her oblivious crush was Chaewon.

“Chaewon obviously, Nako is just my best friend.” Hitomi answered, giving Yujin a weird look before slowly walking away. Ending that conversation, Yujin sighs as she rubs her temple using the palm of her hand.

“This is why you don’t speak Ahn Yujin because you end up feeling bad for people.” Yujin mumbled to herself before walking away to her class.

--

“Good morning,” Hitomi greeted as she sneaked behind Chaewon and Nako, making the two older girls flinch.

“Morning, Hiichan!” Nako smiled as she stood up to hug her friend.

“So? Chaewon, how was your weekend?” Hitomi said in a flirtatious tone, Nako looked over at the two then looked back at Hitomi. She has never heard that tone as much, everytime she did it was obvious that it was because it meant Hitomi liked that person, that person being Chaewon.

“Good, how about you?” Chaewon asked, turning her attention off the computer to Hitomi.

“Amazing, I went out with my family;”

“You look stunning today,” Chaewon complimented, before Hitomi could respond back and say the same to Chaewon, A loud thud was heard.

Nako grabs her backpack, before walking away. It was jealousy, seeing her best friend and her other friend now almost starting to flirt with each other. It was unbearable and it hurted her a lot.

“What’s up with her?” Hitomi asked concerned, her heart telling her to go follow her friend and check up on her but instead she listens to her head that tells her to stay with Chaewon.

“She was perfectly fine this morning..” Chaewon questions the random change of aspect of the girl.

“Sit down, let’s play a game on the computer.” Chaewon guided pulling up a chair for Hitomi.

--

Sitting down on the bench of the cafeteria, reflecting her actions. Maybe it was too childish of her, maybe she overreacted, maybe her jealousy just took over. Too many maybe’s rolled through her mind as she overthought everything.

“Avoid her.” the voice inside her spoke, she felt embarrassed, this was the first time because since Hitomi went on vacation to Japan she took advantage to make a new friend which she knew was her mortal enemy but Chaewon doesn’t know. Chaewon knew that Nako had a crush on Hitomi and actually knew other secrets from Nako everyone knew except Hitomi.

“Don’t avoid her, it's a common feeling.” another voice spoke, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter