5; guilt

Before Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

guilt

/ɡilt/

noun

the fact of having committed a specified or implied offense or crime.

Next Day

Chaewon couldn’t stop thinking about yesterday, it was true, she did betray her. Guilt piled over her but she also wanted this to her.

“Ssamu, what did Nako say to you?” Hitomi asked, Chaewon didn’t want to tell Hitomi everything easily.

“lie.”

“Nothing, I couldn’t find her.” Chaewon lied, she glanced over at Minju who was staring at her, both now making eye contact.

“I didn’t see her today, maybe she felt sick and is taking a day off.” it felt like a voice faded as the two had an eye contact battle.

“Chae? Are you listening to me?” Hitomi snapped her fingers in front of Chaewon’s face, Chaewon gave her a quick nod and agreed.

“Right, yeah, maybe that could be why.” 

“Right when I thought things would get better, she became distant again, she didn't answer my messages.” Hitomi said as she scratched her nape with a frown.

--

“Chaewon just pretends to be so innocent when she knows she ed up Minju’s life and mine’s, like the what the hell, I hate the fact she backstabbed me for no reason!” Nako exclaimed, taking out all her anger as the group who would always stay in the janitor's closet heard her out.

“Nako-chan..you're holding that pencil like a knife..” Chaeyeon pointed out as she saw Nako gripping on a pencil.

“I’m sorry, it’s just..I'm still upset.” Nako puts the pencil down and takes a sip of the water bottle Hyewon had handed her to calm her nerves.

“I thought maybe we could fix things but Chaewon just got on my nerves, Like she doesn’t feel guilty?! And I feel bad for Minju!” Nako growled, as the angry tone was obvious, Yena scoots closer.

“Don’t be mad at Hitomi she didn’t do anything,”

“She doesn’t notice how Chaewon is turning into, and it upsets me because I just want the best for her, I don’t care if she only sees me as a best friend but if that’s all I can get, then I’ll deal with like i’ve been dealing with it for 3 years.” Nako hinted, Yena rubbed her temples using her hands before saying something that made Nako groan.

“The only way out of this is confessing to her, if you don’t confess to her in three days, I swear I will tell her you like her.”

“Yena unnie! Please no! Hey Kwangbae say something!” Nako begged, Hyewon gave her a shrug before responding.

“Something.”

“Yujin, please~”

“Eh. I agree with Yena.” 

“Chaeyeon?”

“I’m on Yena’s side.” 

“You have today and the weekend, and Monday to tell her you like her. On Sunday ask her to hang out and maybe you can tell her~ ” Yena dealt, Nako sighed as she gave Yena a “why are you doing this” expression.

“Why do you want this?”

“It’s been 3 years come on,” Yena places her hands on her laps as it was true that it’s been 3 years ever since Nako had developed feelings for the other japanese.

“My money is on Yena will end up telling Hiichan.” Yujin betted, earning a nod in agreement from
Hyewon and Chaeyeon.

“Now you have two days,” Yena gave Nako a smile, Nako gave her a determined nod in response.

“Fine, two days and I’ll do it.” she says proudly, it sounded like determination but hell was Nako starting to freak out internally.

“Atta-girl!” Yena cheered as encouragement, the duck girl pats Nako’s back as she gives her a proud smile. 

“Now everyone to class, the Janitor needs this closet.” Hyewon shooed them away before she herself left the janitor’s closet leaving to go to class.

Leaving with the determination to tell Hitomi, First, she needed to make plans with Hitomi, on Sunday, which is the last day of the bet, she’ll tell her, late is better than never (not really because either way Yena will tell her, such a great friend). 

“Don’t talk to her.”

Right, the vo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter