6: Meeting

Symposium

Chanyeol's dorm room, 7h15 Am

Chanyeol woke up fresh and ready. Really those 4 hours of sleep had done him the greatest good. He stretched and felt his stomach stir. That was a good sign. He should hurry and get some breakfast before going to class.

He slipped on his slippers and headed to the bathroom, passing a hand through his tangled hair. He should maybe call Suho and ask him to bring him some green tea. He needed to take care of his skin and his hair today. He hesitated for a moment as he passed by the door. He could verify if that crazy boy was gone.

He walked slowly, his heart pounding for no apparent reason. He abruptly opened the door and hurriedly raised his leg to hold the boy who was falling.

He was sitting on the floor, leaning against the door. He was breathing with difficulty and his cheeks bore signs of dried tears. Chanyeol bent down and took him in his arms. He seemed sick and did not wake up.

- Hey! Hey!

! He should have asked his name. He pushed the door open with his foot and went back in with the boy. Chanyeol put him down gently on his bed and patted his cheeks. They were cold.

- Hey! Wake up.

He took the opportunity to stare at him. He was small, with a baby face. Chanyeol knew he had big blue eyes, silver, almost white hair, luscious lip, and a small nose. His skin seemed ghostly. He put his hand on his forehead to take his temperature. No, no fever.

Suddenly the boy moved and his body rose like he was about to float. Chanyeol grabbed him and pinned him down by getting on top of him. Was he having a seizure or something?

- Hey! Wake up! You're scaring the out of me now. Wake up!

But he didn't. Instead, his body went really cold and statics was all over him. Without really knowing what he was doing, Chanyeol took his hand and squeezed it.

- I'll let you stay with me. Whatever you want... but open your eyes...

He almost screamed when the boy did. But he did not move and his eyes were fixed, like he was looking at something far away. What the ?!

He bit his lip. Chanyeol did not know what was going on but he was sure of one thing: this boy was not a freshman and he might been a deranged person.

Calix woke up and looked around him, disoriented. Zeus put down his magazine and threw him a concern look.

- Calix, are you okay?

- Zeus!! You're here! You came to see me ...Thanks for that. We need to punish that bastard Leo, he threw me inside of a bathroom! Can you imagine? A bathroom!!

The father of all gods smiled at him and patted his hair.

- It's okay my child...but I can't stay here long. You should blend in and find the boy you're supposed to help fast.

Calix opened big eyes and rose from his seat. He was in Zeus's cloud cart and he could see the school down there. He sat back down with a long sigh.

- Find him? You mean he goes to that school?

- I'm just saying that Leo is a death angel. He doesn't have feelings and does not hold grudges... like someone we know. If he dropped you there, that only mean that your boy is here.

- My boy? Grandpa, please don't call him that. I'm really close of snapping his neck myself... why didn't Leo just drop me to the target itself?

- Don't call him a target. You need to protect him, not kill him. I can only tell you that he did his best. I'm here to give you that Zeus said giving him a golden whistle. After you blew in it, you can use your powers for 5 minutes only... and also, I sent you some help at the school. You should be fine my child.

Calix took the whistle and threw a suspicious look at Zeus.

- Old man you need to come clean now: did you had an affair with my mother and I'm your child? It's kind a weird that you like me so.

Zeus opened a big mouth before slapping his head.

- How could you say something like that? Your dad is my best friend!

- Like that stopped you before.

Thunder suddenly resonate in the clear sky and Calix rose his hands to give up.

- Ok, ok. I'm sorry old man.... You and your power trip. I can't even joke with you anymore!

- If you want to joke with me, make sure you don't become a demon and do your job! You should go back now Calix. That boy is getting more worried by the minute and he's thinking about calling an ambulance and some censor. Wake up now.

He shook his head, stubborn

- Not before you tell me where to find my target.

Zeus suddenly grabbed his wrist.

- I told you to stop calling him a target. You need to protect him not kill him. Go, you stupid boy.

A burning sensation went through his body and made him scream.

- Are you okay? Why are you screaming? Should I call an ambulance?

Chanyeol was looking at him, worried. Calix quickly looked around him: he was back in his door room.

- No... I'm... What the are you doing on top of me?

Calix threw Chanyeol hard on the floor and got up, ready to murder him. A diffuse pain made him look at his left hand. His fist was clenched onto a small golden whistle. That old man was a blessing. No wonder he was the god of all gods.

- You were floating! I did what I had to do to stop... why I'm even wasting my time talking to you?

- You... 변태! (Byeontae! ert)!

- Who are you calling a ert? You are the weirdest person ever with your weird hair color and... you know what, you should explain all that to the floor censor. I don't know what's going on but... please let me out of it. Ok? Said Chanyeol

At his surprise, the boy nodded.

- I don't want you to get involved either. You 쓸모없는 놈 (sseulmo-eobsneun nom. Useless guy), what can you even do?

Chanyeol looked at the boy in front of him, frowning, debating whether to punch him or to pull his hair...

- Ok... I already called him; he should be here in....

His door busted opened and Chanyeol sighed in despair. Good bye a quiet morning and keeping all this craziness to himself. Almost half of the floor was trying to peek inside his room and the poor floor censor was almost cursing, trying have them move out the way.

- Yeollie, are you okay?

Amidst all the noise, he could hear D.O's voice and he sighed again. Good bye biology class with Ye Jin. He put his towel around the boy's shoulder and helped him get up.

- This is the floor censor, Virgen... I mean Kang 선생님 (seonsaengnim. Teacher) Go with him.

The boy nodded again and went to Kang 선생님 (seonsaengnim), head high. Chanyeol just slammed his door before any of his friends could get inside. Yes, he was in dire need of a new lock.

 

Principal Office, 8h56 Am

Calix looked around him, amazed. So, this was a principal office! It did not look like anything he imagined. It didn't all looked like Hades hall or Zeus lobby...

- Here you go young man said the principal, putting some hot tea in front of him.

- I really can't believe that the old man put you in charge here... I mean... it's true that you are intelligent but, Theseus, you're a school principal??

Calix started to laugh, while Theseus was making a face. Was it really that weird that he was a school director? That Erebus prince, Zeus little pet, was already getting on his nerve. The Greek demi-god was known for feats of strength but was even better remembered for his divine intelligence and wisdom. He had many great triumphs as a young man, but he died as a king in exile filled with despair.

- Well, I'm the replacement principal, until you finish your task. Now, let gets through this again. Let's start with your name.

- Calix and you know that. Have been in the Styx river messed up your brain? he said, blowing on the hot beverage.

- You're the stupid one Theseus said lightly hitting him on the head. I'm pretty sure you have another identity? Another name? Your dad didn't give you your humans papers?

He did. His dad gave him everything, but he went in a last battle spread with Poseidon and he did not have time to look at the paper that his dad had given him to live in the human world before he became a star and started falling.

- Let's look at it now. Your name is Byun Baekhyun and you're 17 years old. You're half Korean and your hair is white because of a condition

- A condition? You made me sick?

- Yes. Not everyone has silver hair and in case you haven't notice, you're in Seoul, South Korea. People here are Asian, with black hair... and I know you can change your eyes color so set them to black.

Baekhyun (let's start calling him that) put down his tea.

- Is that why you look like that?

The principal looked at him, triggered.

- I look really nice! I have a ton of admirers and people here think that I'm a catch!

- Well mortals are liars, you should know about that. Find me a chain to wear this he said showing his tiny whistle.

Theseus gritted his teeth to calm down. He took out a huge book and gave it to the boy.

- We need to start calling you Baekhyun and this book have all the school rules. Know that even if you're here as my nephew, you will get punish and treaded like a normal student and...

- Wait a minute Baekhyun interrupted him, standing up. I'm your nephew?? You're a demi god... How can I be your nephew? You have mortal blood in you!

- Do you want to get expelled?

Baekhyun went back to his seat and took back his tea. He blew on it softly and smiled.

- 삼촌 (samchon. Uncle) he said with a cute voice.

The principal blinked multiple time ad felt his stomach churned. Having Baekhyun being nice to him was giving him cold sweat. He looked at the boy in front of him and awkwardly smiled at him.

- Well, the story is you got transferred here. You're half Korean and I'm your dad's brother... please don't laugh!

- I'll try... 미안해 삼촌, (mianhae, samchon. Sorry, uncle).

- And also, don't ever, EVER go back to a student room without pants on and threaten to murder them!! Are you insane?? Don't answer that he told him when Baekhyun opened his mouth. Do you want Zeus to kill me?? What is wrong with you??

- You should know that I'm a nice and sweet boy. This was a mistake. Mistake he repeated, smiling.

The principal scratched his head, rolling his eyes. Nice and sweet his !

- If you said so... what about your clothes?

- 삼촌 (samchon), I don't have anything else to wear. You need to help with that too. You know that I just fell. I have nothing. Even my shirt is burned by the fall.

The principal sighed.

- I really don't know what to do with you... Wait here.

He pressed a button on his phone and called for his secretary.

- Miss Flossie, please find me a boy uniform size 8 and shoes and... everything from head to toes .... You should just come in here and find me a spot in the boy's dorm.

- 삼촌 (samchon) Baekhyun whispered, I want a room by myself. Like the little bastard I met this morning... Park Chanyeol you said? Wait and see you 변태! (Byeontae! ert)!

His uncle shook his head again and went back to his conversation as Baekhyun started to smile, finally taking a sip on his tea.

 

           "Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."