3: Banned

Symposium

Mount Olympus

The old slave was trembling. She could not even afford to look at her prince's feet in front of her. Being in the hall of Mount Olympus with all the Gods was too much for her to handle. And again, it was because her prince screw up. Big time. Beyond repair. She could not help the proud that invade her for a nanosecond at seeing the prince still standing with his chin up and glaring at Zeus. Just for a nanosecond though as the God of lightening, father of all Gods, stood up from his cloud throne, thunder reasoning with every ragging step he made.

- I cannot believe that you did that! This is breaking the rules!! You did not take one but two. TWO names that was written in the book of dead, two lives that were supposed to be cut by Atropos suddenly escaped!! This is a big no Calix!

The Erebus prince, Calix, did not hung his head like everyone was hoping. He continued to glare at the God he called grandpa and pouted.

- Well, one of them was supposed to die in the hospital and I was not supposed to carry his soul back. But that stupid boy was about to break his neck. I was just trying to keep faith rolling and...

- Keep faith rolling!!! Yelled Hades. Calix, this is wrong. You need to understand that. The Moirai won't let you get away with it. Even Hercules had to pay the price when he messed with them! And poor Leo, how could you just drag him away like a pet in front of a mortal?!!!

It was rare to see Hades out of the Underworld, but this time, he came because he was mad and concerned. The Moirai were coming for Calix and he was scared for him... but that stupid boy was not worried at all. Stupid stubborn boy and stupid Zeus who gave him free will.

- They're here whispered Demeter.

All the Gods, except Zeus, bowed before tree women coming in and Calix's head was forced down by his father, Lord Err. He still tried to peak to see them clearly as he had never saw them before. Those women were living like recluse. The Moirai or Fates were three sisters' deities, incarnations of destiny and life. Their names were Clotho, the one who spine the thread of life; Lachesis, the one who draw the lots and determined how long one lived by measuring the thread of life; and Atropos, the inevitable, the one who chose how someone die by cutting their thread of life with her shears. Usually, three days after a child was born, the Moirai would visit the house to determine the child's fate and life. They were often described as being ugly and old women, stern and severe. And people were wrong... Calix, as his name indicated was the definition of handsome and he could not refrain making a face by seeing the Fates: young, tall and pretty... even more than Aphrodite. He restrained a scoff. He needed to stop reading men written books. Humans need to get their fact straight.

The reason that the Moirai were so feared was because the Moirai controlled the fates of both mortals and gods alike. Zeus was the only one not bound by them, as an epithet that was used for him was Moiragetes (he who commands the fate) and also because he was their dad... that man ....

- Calix said Lachesis with a soft voice, I heard that you were not happy about going to Syria because of the number of souls you had to carry back, so Hades sent you to South Korea to assist Leo. You had nothing to do, just to watch him work but you still managed to screw that up.

Calix clenched his fists when Atropos pulled out his thread of life... it was quite long, half white and black to represent his status.

- I'm not cutting it, don't be afraid she said...but as you can see, you messed up with fate, so fate is messing back with you. Your white wing will turn black in the next 90 days and you'll need to leave Erebus as you'll become a demon.

Calix opened large eyes and fixed the lady in front of him. He would have laugh if his thread of life did not start to lose is distinctive golden color and some of his white part.

- By the name of Zeus said his father, your wing!!!

He looked at his white wing and found some black feathers on it. So, it was going to happen? In the next 90 days, he will leave his home, his family, his title and become a nameless demon??

- Please spare him!!

Calix was surprised to see his mother on her knees in front of the Moirai.

- Let him redeem himself. If he can attend for his sin, he should be forgiven... he's the most human of all of us, he should have a second chance just like them! Please!

The Moirai seemed to think about it and suddenly, Clotho pulled out two other threads.

- Those are the threads of the boys you saved. They still need to die... but, I'll play a game with you. If they are still alive after your 90 days, we'll restore your white wing. If they die, you become a demon.

- Where is the fun in that? Said Atropos with an evil smile that made Hades look like a cherub next to her, you'll go to Earth to live as a human... And to make things fair, you only have to save one of them. If you mess up, they both die, if you succeed, they both live. Simple, right? So, protect the one that you save, the one who was in the car... Let's see how you'll manage to defend him against us for 3 months.

- And, added Lachesis, you can't tell him who you really are, you'll go without any power, and you'll be a regular human... But that will not stop the black feathers from growing on your wings. Only good heartless actions will.

Good heartless actions? Protecting a human? That sound like...

- Are you seriously sending me as a guardian angel? You're using me, Prince Calix of Erebus, who can even kick Ares on a battle field, to be a protection angel?? Are you out of your mummmmmmh.

A hand quickly covered his mouth and Zeus smiled to his creepiest daughters.

- He'll take the offer. He'll go as a regular human to protect the boy in the car from you guys for 3 months. He needs to do heartless actions to prevent black feathers from growing... We got it. He'll do it.

He pressed his hand even harder on the stupid boy mouth who was glaring at him, trying to refuse the deal that will save his life.

- So, let's have fun for the next 3 months Calix said the Moirai before leaving.

Zeus finally released him, and Calix scratched his head.

- Go home child said the father of all Gods, relieved that the situation had a solution, but sad of not seeing the bright boy for 3 months. You'll need to leave soon.

His father took his hand to take him away after giving his respect to the Gods. his mom had fainted in some corner and her friends, Aphrodite, Artemis and Demeter were fanning her.

- "Pathetic though Calix. I'm the one who's going away and facing everything. Why is she the one fainting and the one everyone is trying to cheer up?"

- Do you want to come back with your mother? Asked Lord Err.

Without an answer, Calix went in the wing cart. Waiting for the Queen of Erebus? He'll never leave Mount Olympus then.

That was so messed up. All of that because of that stupid boy who almost broke his neck. He was going to make him pay and...

- You can't say his old nanny, you need to save him not kill him. Your mother will find a way to send me to you after you settled... Please be careful my Prince, the human word is far more dangerous than the Underworld.

Calix just sigh again, laying on his bed, forming murderous plan on his head to snap that boy neck as it was supposed to happen.

 

         " Sometimes we are like stars: We fall to make someone's wish come true"