1 : 아기 (Agi. Baby)

Symposium

Demeter looked at the little boy who was holding her hand with all his strength. She retained a sigh. Why did she had to come to the mortal world with the Erebus prince? Zeus really favored the child, wanting to give him "experience".

Giving him experience was fine, but why her? Does Zeus really think that she came to this filthy word to play? She was the goddess of the harvest and presided over grains and the fertility of the earth. Although she was most often referred to as the goddess of the harvest, she was also goddess of sacred law and the cycle of life and death. She had important things to take care off.

- Stop that she whispered at the child. You're hurting me. Do you remember why we are here?

The child nodded, boredom clearly visible in his face.

- I told you to stop it! The goddess snapped. At least be a little more enthusiastic... I don't understand why Hades could not teach you himself... Let's go over this again: you will need to act as a death angel. Take away a soul and make it follow you to the underworld. Do you understand?

The child bit his lips, restraining a yawn. Demeter took a deep breath to calm down and squeezed the child's hand. He grimaced a little and said.

- I... I.... I can do it.

- Good boy. Our target will be coming to this building. When his car is coming, I want you to use your invisibility power and get in. Just give him a cardiac arrest! Okay?

The child nodded again, determination now on his face. He needed to push away the fact that for the first time in his life, he was out of his world, took a plane with Demeter and not the wing cart and now, he was supposed to eliminate a target. He wanted so badly to come down here and to play. He had begged Zeus so much that The father of all gods had started to avoid him and didn't come to Erebus that much anymore. Why was he obligated to work when all he wanted was to look around? He sighed. His life was so difficult.

- That's him! Go now!

The little boy ran towards the car that was coming and before he could turn invisible, he saw that big bear coming to him and opened a big mouth. Woah! A carnival! He turned to Demeter, smiling, and the goddess opened big eyes, signaling the car coming at full speed. The child did not even make a sound when the metal made contact with his ribs. He just lay on the ground, eyes close. ! Now that everyone had seen him, he needed another play. The target just needed to come next to him and he will touch him and that would be it.

- 괜찮아? (Gwaenchanha? Are you okay?)

The little boy opened his eyes when he heard the voice. Something was wrong. The target was supposed to be a man in his fifties, there was a young man looking at him. He quickly looked over at where Demeter was supposed to be; not knowing what to do. Should he kill that person too?

The goddess looked at him and nod her head. She snarled at the child on the ground and muttered to him.

- They saw you. Kill him, but know that this is a fail.

A fail? The little boy opened big eyes and swallowed hard. His dad had told him that if he was not able to succeed in this mission, he would have to go with his mom to Aphrodite's 2 months love party! Never! He would die first!

- 꼬마야 (kkoma ya. kid), are you listening to me? Are you okay?

The man tried to touch him, but he suddenly stood up, startling him. How could that child be fine after being hit by a car?? Several people were gathered around them and were taking pictures.

- Listen kid, you're obviously not from here, can you understand me? Where is your mom?

He tried again to reach for the kid but this time, he started to scream... and hell went loose. First, all the windows shattered and then the poor man could see his skin starting to detach from his body. His last conscious thought before being shred to atoms was "whoa! My skin is really elastic!"

Demeter looked how everyone around the little boy evaporated in a mixture of blood and flesh. What the Hell was wrong with that kid? Not even able to control his power yet! And why did he freak out to the point of killing all those people? She signaled the death angels that were coming and sighed again. She would have to explained to Hades why he suddenly had more work to do.

Demeter looked up again and cursed under her breath. ! The little prince was not there anymore. She called 2 of the death angels at the scene. Even if they were busy collecting souls that were not in the book of the death, there was something more important to do.

- Find him. Fast!

She could not let the Erebus prince in the loose like that. Zeus will not let her go if something happened to the child.

 

A playground, Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea.

The little boy was sitting inside the playground slide, tears still running down his cheeks. It was over, his dad will make him go to that boring party for 2 months. He would have to wear that long white robe he hated so much and make conversation about arts and wine. His mother will be giving him those disproving stares and he won't be able to go play with Cerberus for a while. Maybe it would not be that bad, maybe the fun gods will go there too, maybe... He held his legs and rocked himself, trying to see the bright side. It was not working. He could still see the last party he went with his mother. And specially, he could still hear the laughs. Those annoying laughs. He put his hands on his ears, trying to block it all out.

- 뭐해?(Mwohae?? What are you doing?)

Startled, he raised his head and found a little boy looking at him. He was on something and was kneeling in front of him. When he saw the face covered in tears, the new boy blinked multiple times. He started to talk really fast and the little prince could not understand anything. The newcomer  sighed.

- 너... 한국어를 몰라?? (Neo... hangukeoreul molla? You... you don't understand korean? )

He sighed again when the crying little boy didn't answer. He put down his Popsicle in the sand and tried to wipe away the tears. The crying little boy backed off, hitting his head on the slide.

- 움직 이지마, 바보야 (umjik ikima, babo ya. Don't move you idiot) he told him before grabbing him again and wiping his face with his sleeve. You should not cry. My mom said that a man should always take care of someone who's crying.

He looked at the now cleaned face, smiled and took his Popsicle again.

- Where is your mom? I'm waiting for my friend, Sehun. We are going to Suho 형 (hyeong. Brother) house to play. He has the new X-box.... Do you want to come with us? I'm sure they won't mind. I will just tell them that you were crying... why are you looking at me like that? ... Ah! You want some Popsicle?

He smiled and sat next to him before handing over his half eating vanilla Popsicle.

- You can have it. I'll have some later at home.

The Erebus prince looked at the ice cream and then at the little boy, not making a move to take the dessert. The cheerful little boy sighed again and forcibly put it in his hand.

- There you go. Now put it on your mouth. It's really good and it's vanilla. Everyone loves vanilla. Dad said that you can never go wrong with vanilla.

The little prince looked at the ice cream in his hand and blinked.

- Va... vanilla? he said

A huge smile spread on the boy's face.

- Yes, Vanilla... Wow, so you can speak. I thought that you couldn't. 넌 몇 살이야? (neon myeoch sal-iya? How old are you?) I'm 11 years old. 11 he said, spreading his sticky fingers in front of him. You?

The prince put the Popsicle on his pants and did the same thing too.

- Wow! We're the same age! That's so nice!! But, do you live around here? I've never saw you before. What your name?

The lille prince took back the Popsicle and put it in his mouth, not answering. The little boy sighed again. This boy was seriously stupid. He could not understand even the simplest question. He turned to him, making him back off again.

- 나 (Na. Me) he said pointing at his chest, Park Chanyeol. That's my name. You? He said pointing to him.

After a moment of confusion, the little boy finally seemed to understand. He rolled his eyes and bite on the delicious and cold desert.

- You don't need to know he quietly said in Greek.

- What? I didn't understand that... Your name is so weird... I'm going to call you 아기 (Agi. Baby) because you're small and cute like one. Do you like it?

The little prince looked at him, mouth agape. That boy was seriously insane. He has not shut up since he came inside the slide and had forced him to take that half eaten cold thing. He had graciously decided to let it go as he always wanted to try ice cream but now, that insignificant mortal was giving him a weird name. 아기 (Agi)? Baby? How dare he? He must have a death wish. As the prince of Erebus, he will make that mere mortal wish become true. He was already raising his end to end this Park Chanyeol's life when he saw them. Death Angels. Park Chanyeol was going to ask more when he heard Sehun's voice calling his name.

- Ah, my friend is here. Wait for me, I'm going to tell him about you and ask if you can come with us.

He got out of the slide and took two steps before returning. The Erebus prince raised confused eyes to him.

- 아기 (Agi), 날 기다려, 알았어??( nal gidalyeo, al--eo?? Wait for me. Okay?)

This kid was seriously insane and weird. The little prince discreetly halted the death angels that were coming at the boy. They must have sensed his murder intent. He simply nodded at Park Chanyeol and the latter smiled.

- I'll be back soon.

He ran to his friend, yelling his name

- Sehun-ah! Sehun-ah, I found a boy!

Oh Sehun, his best friend, opened large eyes.

- What? What are you talking about?

- I found a boy. He was crying, and I gave him my Popsicle. He's under the slide. He wants to come with us at Suho 형 (hyeong. Brother) house. Come meet him!

He dragged his friend to the slide and his smile disappeared.

- Yeollie... what are you talking about? There is no one here.

- But... but... he was here!! He... 아기 (Agi)! 아기 (Agi)!

He yelled for the little boy and looked around the playground with a confused Sehun.

- Sehun-ah, I'm not lying... he was really there.

- I believe you said his friend. Maybe his mom came to get him? If he was here, that's because he lives around here. That's mean that you'll see him again and we will invite him to play with us.

Chanyeol nodded reluctantly. He was not happy about that.

- You told me he's a boy said Sehun blushing; but why are you calling him baby? Is he really young?

- No, he kinda a look like a little girl  but he said that he's the same age as me. He's so small and have big eyes and he was crying like a baby... that's why I wanted him to come play with us.

Sehun nodded too and then smiled.

- He looked like a girl? Was he pretty?

Chanyeol's face contorted with disgust.

- 아니! (Ani! No!). His face was covert with snort and he has weird colored hair. I think he fell in mud; his skin was covert in it too... Maybe his mom called him in to take a bath.

- Maybe. Let's go Yeollie. We'll see him another time. Do you want to race? The loser buys the winner some 떡볶이 (tteogbokk-i.)

The two friends started to run, unaware of the little boy looking at them, high in sky, sitting on a wing being, still holding with all his strength some plastic wrapper with melt ice cream in it.