The Grand Royal

Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please turn around Gunbuin Mama,” the princess did as she was requested.

Seyeon sighed for the second time in the past minute, it has been almost an hour since the fitting for her hwarot started and her feet are starting to hurt. Thankfully, soon Dressmaker Yang bent down and took the last measurements.

After the dressmaker and her asistants left the room, Seyeon plopped down by the end of the sofa and closed her eyes, “Is dress fitting not one of the most exciting part of wedding planning, Mama?” Daeun added the last part jokingly.

Seyeon threw a cushion at Daeun’s direction, “Who would’ve thought that it would take almost an hour to measure a dress?”

“Almost every well-prepared bride? Wedding planners? Designers?” Jinjoo teased.

Seyeon opened one of her eyes and pointed to her best friends, “You both are uninvited to my wedding.”

“Mama, the designer for your modern dress is here,” Court Lady Nam announced. Seyeon groaned and stood up from her seat, she tried to brush the invisible dust from her skirt and smiled at the designer who just came in, “Welcome Designer Kwon.”

The designer walked inside followed by a row of dresses for Seyeon to try. “I hope you are well, Mama” Designer Kwon bowed.

“Please, rise,” Seyeon said. “I see you have brought—” she counted softly, “—eleven dresses for me to try,” she turned to her friends in horror, her friend laughed out loud in return.

“That is correct, Mama. I also brought a couple of dresses for your bridesmaids,” she gestured to another row of dresses that just came in, Seyeon grinned and stuck her tongue out at her friends. “Shall we start trying, Mama?”

 

Seyeon stepped out from the changing room in her eighth dress, she twirled around judging the dress she was wearing. “So far, there is no dress that I feel that is the dress. I don’t think trying the rest would be necessary, but a combination of the ones I tried would be perfect,” she informed the designer.

Designer Kwon rubbed her chin, “Yes, I also have the same opinion as you Mama, should we sit down and start drawing your dream dress?” Seyeon nodded and walked to the sofa her friends were sitting fifteen minutes ago.

“What do you think of this dress?” Jinjoo asked, as she and Daeun entered the room. Seyeon judged the dress her friends were wearing, “Traditionally, there is no bridesmaid to begin with, I think it won’t be easy to find a decent dress, especially for royal wedding,” Daeun said.

“How about we make a custom traditional dress? We can add our own twist,” Seyeon suggested. “It would be proper for royal occasion, but you won’t necessarily look like the mother of the bride.”

“That is actually a good idea,” Designer Kwon observed.

“Court Lady Nam, can you please inform Dressmaker Yang to make an appointment with Daeun and Jinjoo?” Seyeon asked, followed by acknowledgement from the court lady.

“As the dress would be influenced by western style, and you are literally one, should we make a princess style gown?” the designer asked. Seyeon shook her head, “I always think that style is a bit too much and would be too grand for a minor royal wedding. I would prefer something with less volume.”

The designer proceeds to draw the picture in Seyeon’s head, when Jinjoo and Daeun returned after changing back to their own clothes and took a seat on the sofa. “What about the bodice Mama?” she asked.

“How about a deep V-neck?” Daeun gestured the depth of the neckline on the dress Seyeon is wearing, “There is nothing Jongin Gun haven’t seen anyway.”

Jinjoo squealed, “Yah Shim Daeun, you are such a ert!”

Designer Kwon cleared , “Do you concur with the suggestion Mama?”

Seyeon shook her hand rapidly, “No no no, I think a sweetheart bodice would be pretty, maybe with a lace overlay similar to what I’m wearing to make the dress more modest.”

“Any other details Mama?” the designer asked without looking up from her drawing, “That won’t be necessary,” Seyeon answered.

“No! The day is yours, be the center of attention for once and add some bling to your dress!” Daeun exclaimed, “Your wedding reception would be at night in a beautiful garden, make people think that one of the stars fell to became the bride.”

“Yes, designer Kwon please add crystals here, here…” Jinjoo pointed to various places on the drawing.

“I agree with your friends Mama,” the designer said, Seyeon nodded and did not reject her friends’ suggestions. After making some finishing touch to her drawing the designer said, “I will see you with the muslin dress in a month, Mama.”

“Thank you for your time Designer Kwon,” Seyeon walked the designer to the door, only to meet her husband by the door.

Jongin ignored the greetings from staffs and the designer, he walked straight to his wife and place his hand on her waist. “Wow, is this what you’re wearing to our wedding?” complete with a kiss on her lips.

Seyeon shook her head, “I like the lace of the dress, but the design is a little too revealing, don’t you think?” her husband observed the lace dress with trumpet silhouettes and deep V-neck Seyeon was wearing

“Why not?” Jongin leaned in and whispered, “I think it’s very luscious.”

Seyeon blushed and smacked her husband’s chest. “How could you say that in front so many people?” she scolded and dragged Jongin inside the fitting room, her husband shrugged his shoulders in response.

Upon Jongin’s entrance, Jinjoo and Daeun bowed, “Good afternoon Jongin Gun.”

Jongin accepted his friends’ greetings and asked the rest of the staff to leave the room, “Daegam, we need to return the dress Gunbuin Mama is wearing, Designer Kwon is waiting on the first floor,” Court Lady Nam reminded.

“Her husband and two best friends are here, she has all the help she needed,” with Jongin’s reply, Court Lady Nam left the room.

Jinjoo walked towards Seyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter