Dispose

Lovestruck in the City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present

 

"What? Are you gonna hit me?!" Yuna yells while the officers hold back the man.

"Fine! I'll take it off. Take it for all I care." The man takes his jacket, shoes, and socks off, throwing them harshly to the ground. "Happy?"

Officer Somi takes the clothes from the floor and puts it on the table in front of Yuna. "Since he gave it all back, let's calm down now, shall we?" she entices. 

Yuna chuckles and walks over calmly to the barefoot man, not before almost falling over because of the alcohol in her system. "Take off your underwear," she slurs.

"What?!"

"Your briefs!!!" She grabs his pants, and a whole ruckus starts again with the man refuting, and the police officers trying to release her grip and pull her back.

"Ma'am, calm down! Why do you want him ?!" Officer Somi manages to pull her back and has her sit back down again.

"Give me your bag! I bought that for you!" the man yells out after fixing his jeans.

"Okay... okay." Yuna wobbly stands up again with her purse in hand. "I'll give it back." She holds her arm out for the man to take it. When he almost takes it, she swings the bag with the handles and hits him right on the head. As she continues to swing, the officers once again try to get her to stop, guarding themselves against her powerful swings. 

"Ma'am, please stop!"

"I'll give it back!"

"I don't want it anymore!"

-

 

"Her name is Choi Yuna. I saw her do this same thing at another station," the officer says.

"Really? I saw her a few years ago. She was beating up her girlfriend." Somi clicks her tongue. "And yet she still gets into relationships."

"It's worse when people show up drunk."

They watch Yuna from afar as she sleeps on one of the benches in the station. She mutters something every once in a while, mostly insults that are probably directed to her ex that was just here. 

The door suddenly opens, with another woman stumbling through.

"There's a camera thief!" she exclaims. "A camera thief... she stole them."

"Not again," Somi complains under her breath. "Yes, ma'am. Why don't we sit over here," she says with a smile as she guides her to the seat.

"Yes! You're the police," the woman shouts. She sighs heavily, making Somi grimace at the smell of alcohol in her breath. "You know...those cameras are very special to me~" She takes the officer's hands and faces her directly. "I saved up what little money I had back then to buy those... I had three. Now I have zero!" she cries out. "I want to report this criminal! Her name is—"

"Lee Sinb." She looks around when all the officers in the station say the name at the same time, as if in a chorus. 

"Kim Yewon..." the sleeping woman at the side whispered.

"You know where I first met her? At—"

"—a beach in Yangyang," the officers continue. 

Somi pats the other's hands that were on hers. "You met Lee Sinb at a beach in Yangyang. And you, Jung Yerin, said she stole your cameras. Is that right?"

"Yes...but she took so much more than my cameras." Yerin hits the left side of her chest with her fist. "She took my heart. She took my heart!" She begins to wail into Somi's shoulder, while all the latter can do is pat her back and cry for help using her eyes. 

Another officer just giggles at her, continuing to sip their coffee. 

Yerin sits back up straight, rubbing her tears away with her fingers. "No... I won't cry." She looks up and narrows her eyes at the woman in front of her. "How do you know my name?"

All the officers simply chuckle at that, and Somi pats the older's shoulder. "Jung Yerin?"

"Mm."

"You're an architect."

"...how did you know that? Are we friends?" she asks, extremely confused.

Somi takes out a small notebook from her pocket, flipping through the pages. "Ah, here it is. Look," as she shows a page to the other.

"Jung. Ye. Rin," the drunk woman slowly reads the writing.

"And here." She points to a different part on the page.

"In. toxi. cated." Yerin takes the notebook from her hands and brings it closer to her face. "Feb...ruary?"

"You're famous at this police station, Yerin."

"Me?"

"And we know all about the camera thief, Lee Sinb."

Yerin looks towards the other officers. "You guys too?" When they nod, she turns back to Somi. 

"Miss Jung. You're actually a regular here."

"What do you mean... regular?" she asks with furrowed brows.

"You've come here six times in the past year," she says while holding up six fingers. "This is your seventh time."

"Seventh?" Yerin blinks hard as she stares at the floor. "Why don't I... remember?"

"Oooof course you don't," the officer rolls her eyes.

"But why don't I remem—"

"Because you've been drunk everytime!" Somi scolds in a yell.

Yerin pouts. "Why are you yelling~" She shows her beady eyes towards the other. "Please don't yell at me~"

Somi palms her forehead and sits back down. She takes out another notebook. "Look at this."

Yerin giggles and points at the name tag on the uniform. "Jeon Somi. Your name is Jeon Somi."

She flips through the pages. "December 12 of last year. February 9th of this year. April 2nd. June 16th. August 5th. October 30th."

"Are you sure that was all me?" 

"Yes. I'm sure. Now please." She turns and puts her hands on the other's shoulders. "Please. Stop coming here."

"Then you have to catch her," the architect pouts again.

"Then go to another station and ask them!"

"Did we do anything wrong for you to always come to our precinct, Miss Yerin?" another officer asks from the side.

"Is there none in your neighborhood?" Somi asks, trying to keep Yerin from falling off the chair. 

Somi's partner comes to their side. "We'll also need more than just a name if you want us to find her. Maybe an address, or a license number?"

"You also can't just say she's a thief. We'll need evidence of the crim—"

"She is pretty," Yerin spouts out.

A laugh comes from Yuna, still sleeping on the bench. "Thanks."

Yerin shakes her head. "I saw her. By accident. Earlier tonight... I almost hit her with my car," she laughs sleazily. "But she changed. She's gotten even more beautiful."

The sleeping woman laughs once again, making Yerin look at her. "She's not Sinb, is she?" she asks to no one in particular.

---

 

"What are you doing?" Eunha asks while rubbing her eyes.

"Making breakfast. I wanted to do something nice for you. Good morning." She plants a kiss on the top of the smaller's head and returns to the kitchen. 

"Are you not coming with me to Eunbi's place? We're having breakfast there." She gets up from the bed and raises her arms to stretch.

"Oh. Right." Sojung stops and puts her knife down. "You said you wanted to bring bread, right? I'll stop by a bakery to get some."

Eunha practically falls into Sojung, wrapping her in a warm hug. "Thank you." She heads to the bathroom to wash up, but not before playfully slapping her girlfriend in the .

-

 

"This is exactly why I can never date."

"Why?"

"Because of you two!"

Before eating the breakfast they brought, Eunbi prepared some hot chocolate for them to drink. 

The two Eunbis were currently teasing Yewon together, talking about how she is like an old lady with how early she wakes, the healthy food she eats, and the walks she takes every morning.

Eunbi laughs at the youngest's accusation. "What do you mean because of us? You haven't dated anyone in over two years!"

"They always ask me the same thing! And because of my answer, they break up with me." Yewon crosses her arms in front of her in defense.

 

Four years ago

 

"Oh, you're here," Yewon greets, typing on her tablet.

Yuna simply takes the seat in front of her and stares. With the way she is looking at the other, her expressive eyes could bear holes right through Yewon's head.

"Do you like me, or Hwang Eunbi?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter