Woman

Lovestruck in the City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since yall made it to 70 comments, here's the early update! 

 

 

 

The four exchange looks, the smaller two not knowing the panic currently residing in Yerin's and Eunbi's insides.

As if a lightbulb lit up, Eunha opens wide, "Ahhh. Your meeting was at Yerin's company!" she hits Eunbi's arm lightly.

"AH... yes, yes," Eunbi awkwardly agrees.

"But your documents are still upstairs though?" 

There's a reason why Eunbi has Yewon saved as 'Nerd' in her phone: she's too smart for Eunbi's sanity. Of course she would catch a flaw in the lie.

Thankfully, Yerin quickly patches it up. "We had to speed things up in the process for the meeting, so the documents weren't a problem."

Catching on, Eunbi supports the other's statement. "Which is why you didn't need to drive me home, Yerin." She puts on a smile directed to the older. "Thank you very much, and have a safe drive. I'll head inside." 

Eunbi manages to take a few steps until she hears Eunha ask, "Yerin, do you want some ramen?"

"Ramen?"

Turning on her heels, Eunbi speaks out, "Ey, Yerin's a busy woman. I don't think we should bother he—"

"I would actually love some ramen." Yerin grins sweetly, knowing the younger wouldn't like her answer.

"Great!" Eunha squeaks. "Let's head in!"

"You guys go ahead first. Let me park my car properly."

When the three best friends walk up to the stairs, Eunbi turns her head back, sending a sharp look to Yerin before she could step inside her car.

 

"Hwang Eunbi's master class ramen!" Eunha and Yewon chant as the chef prepares the bowls.

"It has clams, green onions, peppers, and a cracked egg!" Eunha practically drools at the thought of the taste. "You'll really like it, Yerin."

Eunbi arrives, handing each of them a bowl as well as herself, and takes her seat. Yerin looks at her own bowl and sees only noodles and soup— no clams, vegetables, or egg. She looks to the cook and sees a sharp gaze again. So much for unbiased serving, Yerin thinks.

"Did you know she invented this?" Yewon claims. 

"Wow... Mine has so many clams," Eunha giggles.

Yerin takes her chopsticks and looks around in her bowl, trying to find at least one clam. "Mine..." She looks to Eunbi again, this time giving her a look of annoyance herself.

"So when do you start work?" the youngest asks, blowing at her noodles.

"I won't be," Eunbi smirks slightly. "We talked but... I didn't really like the terms and conditions," she says a little annoyingly.

"Hm," Yerin laughs. "The company just isn't sure about you. We don't hire anybody from anywhere, you know."

"Ah, I guess you're too mighty and powerful," Eunbi taunts.

"You probably didn't read the fine print, did you?" The architect taps the table, "Other companies will bid, and our employees will evaluate all proposals to vote on the best one. I thought we made that clear?"

"So Eunbi could not be chosen?" Eunha asks.

"Of course. Her company is the smallest out of the others."

The two others sigh, not liking the odds that are against their friend.

"Haven't you ever heard of 'size doesn't matter'?" Eunbi rebuts. "Smaller is better! I don't have the time anyway, and the project doesn't suit my portfolio, so I won't do it."

Yewon swallows and mutters, "Eunbi... I don't really think you can be picky right now."

"What do you mean? I've been thriving. I'm about to reap what I sow, tenfold."

Yewon sighs again. "Eunbi, you have to get this job... Our landlord wants to raise the rent."

"Raise the rent?!" Eunbi yells with food in .

"By twenty percent."

"Twenty percent?!?!" She tosses her chopsticks on the table, taking all of them by surprise. "How dare they! They're not allowed to do that! They can only increase it by two or four percent— maybe even five, but that's stretching it! Money doesn't grow on trees or fall from the sky!"

In the midst of her rant, she manages to spit some food out, one landing on Yerin's face, regrettably. Eunha notices and quickly grabs a tissue for the older as Eunbi continues to yell.

"There's no way I'm going to pay that! I refuse!" She huffs out, recovering from her rant. "I'm pissed."

While wiping her face, Yerin watched. She remembers how Sojung once said Hwang Eunbi was calm, kind, and collected. But, who is this woman? If she's not Sinb, and not Eunbi— who?

"Tell them I'm going down there and protesting!"

"You do it. You're the one that signed the contract," Yewon points out.

-

"Miss Kim, can I talk to you?" Yerin announces the moment she walks in, walking to her office.

Sojung, in the middle of talking with the other employees about the proposals, excuses herself. She has no idea why her cousin wants to talk, and as far as she knows, she hasn't caused any trouble recently.

"What now?" she asks.

"I asked the owners of the Buam-dong house to wait until the end of the month."

The taller sighs, scratching her head in frustration. "Why can't you let go of those stupid windows? Where are they gonna live, huh? We talked about this already."

"I can figure it out," Yerin says calmly.

"Sure. After redesigning the whole freaking house." She takes a seat on Yerin's office chair. "Don't forget about the water and drainage."

Yerin doesn't respond to that, staying mum for a moment.

"Why aren't you saying anything?"

The team leader inhales sharply, "Because you're right, Sojung."

"About what?"

Ignoring her question, Yerin continues, "Do you know how many houses in Seoul are at least a century old? Barely any. They always get torn down after about thirty years." She folds her arms solemnly. "I want to have no regrets whenever we design a house. I want the owners to be able to have the house for generations."

Sojung raises an eyebrow. "Yeah, I'm not buying this excuse. I'll give you two weeks, no more, no less."

"Whatever. How did the meeting go?"

"I don't even know," she shrugs. "Where were you?" 

"I met up with Hwang Eunbi."

"I thought you gave her all the documents last night?"

Yerin smiles a little. "I forgot one thing, so..."

--

Yerin stares at the carrier in the middle of her living room. Eunbi had left it this morning after their... discussion. 

She pokes at it and spins it. She lifts it, and is surprised at how light it is. Shaking it, she hears nothing make a sound from inside.

Opening the carrier, she finds nothing inside. "What the..." Where could Eunbi possibly be going with an empty carrier?

--

 

Sojung constantly looks through the glass from outside of the convenience store, trying to find her girlfriend. The shorter's shift is supposed to be over, but she hasn't come out yet.

A worker notices, exiting and greeting the tall woman. "Are you looking for Eunha?"

"Yeah. Is she working overtime or something?"

The worker frowns. "I suppose she hasn't told you... But she got fired today. Our manager needed an open spot for their friend so..."

"What?" Sojung gasps. "That's ridiculous! Do you know where Eunha is then?"

To her disappointment, they don't know where her girlfriend is. 

Sojung heads to Eunbi and Yewon's place, but apparently she's not there either.

"Eunha hasn't come here today," the youngest says.

"Where could she be? She's not at her apartment either." The older fiddles with her fingers, starting to grow worried. "Do you think she got lost going home?"

"She's not a kid."

In her worrying, Sojung notices something right in front of her: the nightstand. "Did you really buy that for 350k?" she points.

"Only because Eunha constantly pestered me about it. You know, I looked it up and it really is 1.2 million won." Yewon turns in her chair and takes her glasses off.

"Wanna know something else? It's never been used or put on display. Completely brand new."

"Then why did you say it was free?" Yewon reasons. "Did you not tell Eunha the truth?"

"Oh come on, I gave you a bunch of signals telling you to not get it!" Sojung growls.

"Are you scared Eunha will get mad at you about how much it costs?"

"You're not helping."

"I'm not the one complicating my love life." She raises her hands up in defence.

"Yeah? Well, I'm not accepting relationship advice from someone who's been single for two years." After the other just shrugs, Sojung sighs. "Where could Eunha be? She's probably crying and punching furiously somewhere out there. How could her boss do that to her?"

Having returned to her laptop, Yewon scolds, "I still can't believe you don't know how she's like."

"What do you mean? I'm her girlfriend."

"I'm her father," Yewon jokes.

 

Somewhere in a local park, Eunha basks in the midday sun.

"Aigo, you're such a good dog!" 

Holding a leash, she walks a golden retriever through the park, loving how gentle the dog is.

Arriving at her apartment after returning the dog, she smells something delicious through the air. After taking her shoes off, she squeals when she sees a tall woman at the stove.

"Sojungie!! You're here!" She gives a warm back hug, happy to see the other. "I wasn't expecting you today." When Eunha sees what's on the stove, her smile grows even bigger. "How did you know I was craving pasta?!"

Sojung smirks, "I know everything about Jung Eunha." She turns her head to the side and plants a kiss on the smaller's forehead.

Eunha bounces up and down, excited to eat her girlfriend's cooking. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter