Love is Crazy

Lovestruck in the City
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//a lot of all caps for the first part 

 

"WHERE THE FCK IS THE MEMORY CARD?!"

"I took it out."

"WHAT?!" She looks at her cousin with her teeth bared.

"Remember? Two days ago, someone claimed one of the trucks hit their garage door. I had to give the card for evidence," Sojung reasons.

"WHY MINE?! WHAT ABOUT YOURS?!"

"Your car was the one that was at the site. My car is always used by our employees, like today."

Yerin groans and hits her forehead against the top of the car. 

On the drive back to the office, having reunited with her car, Yerin continues to breathe heavily in anger as she drives. 

Sojung clicks her tongue, "There's no way Lee Sinb suddenly appeared out of nowhere after stealing your cameras. I think you're an alcoholic. Suddenly imagining things."

"Well, I could've shown you it was real... IF YOU DIDN'T TAKE MY MEMORY CARD!" she explodes.

Sojung simply rolls her eyes and sighs.

"You can't just TAKE something without permission! THAT'S COMMON SENSE."

"I did tell you," the older calmly refutes.

"You did? Okay. When. I NEED THE EXACT DAY, HOUR, MINUTE, AND SECOND," she shouts out. "You could've at least put in a new one when you took it out. WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT, HUH?!"

"YOU'RE THE ONE THAT WANTED TO USE YOUR CAR!" Sojung throws her arms in frustration.

"THEN YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME!"

"But I DID TELL YOU!"

"Are you DUMB." Yerin roars in her extreme anger, and punches the air. "You know what? You're getting out. Now." She pulls over to the side and unlocks the doors. "Out."

Sojung sighs, knowing it would be for the best. After stepping out and closing the door, she knocks on the window and holds up the car key (many new cars use electric keys that don't need to be inserted to start the car) with a smirk on her face.

"Ugh..." the younger deflates.

The tall woman, however, spots a pair of students a few feet away. "Hey kids! Here's a car key which that woman will soon take away, so I suggest you ask her for some money before giving it. Okay, bye!" She ignores the calls from her cousin and brisk walks away.

"KIM SOJUNG I SWEAR— hi guys~" Yerin greets. "So, I believe you have a key and it's mine. May I have it?"

The student holding the key shrugs. "Someone just gave it to us."

"Yeah, but—"

"If you want it, there's a fee," the other student says.

Yerin is left dumbfounded. Her eye twitches, but she recollects herself and puts on a big smile. "Alright. What do you want?"

The young girls point to the chicken place behind them.

The architect takes out her wallet and hands them a few bills. "Here you go!"

"Actually..." one of them pouts. "There's six more of us inside."

Yerin's eye twitches again, but she takes out a few more bills despite it. "Here." Her smile is now gone as she hands them the money— the key being placed in her hand afterward.

She grumbles and curses her cousin as she returns to her car she left on the curb.

--

 

Lying on her couch, she holds her ring up in between her fingers. Only her lamp was on, but the silver band still shone brightly in the dark office.

I'm not crazy. This time was real. The first time may have been a dream, but this time was real.

 

Ten months ago

 

Yerin finds herself at the third stepping stone once again. She's been coming every Saturday for the past three months just in case Sinb forgot the date and came.

But she didn't. Again.

And as the snow fell all over, Yerin felt her heart turn even colder.

She ends up at a barbecue place, but only gets four bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter