Games and Competitions

Smitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin and Shuhua held a blank stare at Soyeon, who seemed very calm and collected while keeping her eyes protectively on Yuqi. 

 

“They don’t call her party-girl Yuqi for no reason.” Shuhua muttered, leaning more into Soojin’s side, as she also kept her gaze on her best friend. Yuqi owned the dance floor, dancing in her own space, swatting hands that tried to come closer to her, and Soyeon smirking every time it happened. 

 

She knew Yuqi was trying to prove that Soyeon was the jealous type, but of course, Soyeon was not gonna let Yuqi have all the fun. Many times, Soyeon wanted to get up and block Yuqi away from all the hungry looks around her. She trusted Yuqi, but she didn’t trust the people around her who looked like they were ready to pounce.

 

“I wouldn’t even last a second if that was you.” Soojin shook her head, pulling Shuhua closer towards her, as she took a swig of her beer.
 

Shuhua blushed, “really?” 

 

Soojin shrugged, turning her head, and coming closer. “I see the way people look at you. I agree with them, because god, Shuhua, you’re perfect. But that doesn’t mean I don’t wanna rip their eyes out with my bare hands.” She whispered, her lips grazing the shell of her ear. 

 

“Is it bad that I find you y when you get jealous?” Shuhua questioned, leaning up to nuzzle her nose against hers. 

 

Soojin smirked, lifting her hand to caress the younger girl’s cheek softly. “No, but you better not use it to your advantage, Yeh.”

 

“I’m gonna beat her at her own game.” Soyeon smugly said, tilting her head and keeping eye contact with Yuqi who stared into her very soul while she moved her hips to the beat of the music. 

 

“You know, I give you a lot of credit for putting up with her and actually wanting to challenge her in her silly little games.” Shuhua gave Soyeon an appreciative smile, and for once that night, Soyeon actually casted her gaze away from the brunette dancing the night away. 

 

“She is silly, isn’t she?” Soyeon grinned at her, and chuckled to herself, before turning back to Yuqi, staring at her in the softest and most loving way. 

 

“When are you going to ask her to make it official?” Soojin asked her cousin, who didn’t seem to contemplate the question, but took time to answer it anyway.

 

“I’m not. I want her to take the leap. I want her to be sure that it’s what she wants. I don’t really care for labels, but I guess it gives me reassurance in a way.” Soyeon nodded to herself, and Shuhua smiled slightly. 

 

“She’s just scared, you know. What you guys have is real, and I can tell she’s scared because it’s new territory for her.” Shuhua said, and Soyeon nodded because she knew. She wasn’t in any rush for anything because she knew they were both exclusive. Yuqi said so herself that she hasn’t been with anyone else ever since the hospital. 

 

“I know. I have all the patience in the world for her, Shuhua. You don’t have to worry about me with her.” Shuhua didn’t have any doubt about that, by the way that Soyeon stared at her best friend. 

 

“Good, I’ll spare you the best friend talk. I can get really scary.” Shuhua said, nodding her head in determination, causing the two cousins sitting with her at the table to laugh.

 

“What? I can be scary. I am scary.” Shuhua furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

“Shu, you’re like a little puppy.” Soyeon chuckled. 

 

Shuhua pouted, crossing her arms over her chest in a huff. Soojin looked down at her in amusement, nudging their hips together in a teasing manner. 

 

“You’re too cute, you know that?” Soojin said, a wide grin on her face. 

 

“You’re not helping my argument here.” Shuhua grumbled. 

 

“I’m gonna go get a drink from the bar. You guys want anything?” Soyeon stood up from the table, stopping in her tracks for an answer. 

 

“I’m the designated driver, one beer is enough. I also need a clear head to watch over my club.” Soojin shook her head at the offer, then turned her head to the girl who was no longer grumpy, and who was snuggling into her side. 

 

See, cute. 

 

“I’ll take a refill of my original, thanks.” Shuhua smiled, and with that Soyeon made her way to the bar. 

 

“Was this your plan all along? To get me drunk and take me home?” Shuhua teased. She felt Soojin stiffen against her, and she looked up to see how taken aback the older girl was. 

 

“What? No, Shuhua, I would never―” After seeing Shuhua’s lips twitch upwards, Soojin narrowed her eyes at the girl, taking her arm away from their place slung over Shuhua’s shoulders. 

 

“That’s not funny.” Soojin muttered. 

 

Shuhua laughed, tugging her arm back.“I’m kidding, Soojin. I know, you’re just a big softie.” 

 

Soojin shook her head, but wrapped her arm around the younger girl again, nonetheless. “Don’t say things like that again. I respect you and care for you in ways you can’t imagine.” 

 

Shuhua smiled sweetly, “I know.” She whispered, leaning in to place an earned kiss onto awaiting pink lips. 

 

Soojin hummed in satisfaction. “So, when can I take you out on our second date?” 

Shuhua pulled back slightly, their foreheads comfortably resting against each other.  “It’s my turn to take you out. I might not be able to take you out to fancy restaurants and dazzle you with expensive wine and famous chefs, but I have a few things up my sleeve.” 

 

Soojin chuckled, leaning in to graze their lips together. “I can’t wait.” 

 

//

 

Soyeon sat patiently at the bar, waiting for her order to be made as she made small talk with Jennie who was one of the bartenders for the night. She was familiar with Jennie, having met her when Soojin first hired her for the opening a few months ago. 

 

“Is that your girl?” Jennie said, amused, as she nodded towards Yuqi who didn’t hide the way she glared at Jennie. Soyeon didn’t turn around, she didn’t need to, and only smirked and nodded. “Something like that.” 

 

“She’s looking at me like she wants to kill me.” Jennie chuckled, shaking her head,  and not feeling threatened at all. More amused, actually. 

 

“Yeah, I think she’s the jealous type.” Soyeon said, chuckling to herself at the thought of Yuqi telling Soyeon she was more the jealous type. 

 

“Yeah?” Jennie raised her eyes to see Yuqi stomping her way over towards them. “Well, she’s coming our way.” Jennie warned, and before Soyeon knew it, Yuqi was standing at her side. 

 

“Hey, baby.” Yuqi slid her hand across her shoulders, bending down to whisper a greeting in Soyeon’s ear. 

 

Soyeon smirked, knowing she’s already won Yuqi’s little game. She turned and looked up, acknowledging the younger girl with a soft smile. 

 

“Did you have fun dancing?” Soyeon asked, soft and longing eyes darting from lips and brown orbs. 

 

“Yes, I did, but it would’ve been more fun, if you had joined me.” Yuqi whispered, leaning down, stopping before their lips touched. 

 

Jennie still stood in front of them, but respectfully had her eyes on something else. Yuqi straightened her back and turned towards the bartender, eyeing her. 

 

“I’ll take a whiskey shot, please.” Yuqi said, voice cold. 

 

Jennie remained professional, “coming right up.”

 

Soyeon chuckled, turning to Jennie with an apologetic smile as the bartender made her way to the opposite side of the bar Yuqi noticed, and scoffed. “What was that?” The younger girl questioned. 

 

Soyeon raised her eyebrows, “I don’t know what you mean.” 

 

“She was clearly flirting with you. I saw the way she looked at you before I came here. Don’t laugh, this isn’t funny.” Yuqi huffed, lightly pushing Soyeon when she started to laugh. 

 

“You know, between you and me. I think you’re the jealous one here. I think I just beat you at your own game, babe.” Soyeon teased, turning in her seat to wrap her arms around the taller girl’s waist. 

 

“You knew I was trying to make you jealous this whole time?” Yuqi gaped, and Soyeon laughed, nodding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter