First Date

Smitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin had dropped Shuhua off back home after work, making sure she'd eaten a proper dinner, and had convinced her to rest as soon as she got to her apartment. Of course, Soojin can’t get everything she wants, and Shuhua made a deal for limiting her studying to three hours, then to bed. Soojin agreed, making sure to make it known that Soojin will be checking on her at midnight to make sure she was getting ready for bed. 

 

Now, Soojin was in the comfort of her own home, leg bouncing, and head reeling. Yoon did the same, sitting across from her on the other couch. 

 

“Why haven’t you planned this out before you asked her?” Yoon questioned, helping her sister come up with the perfect first date. 

 

“I’ve done this multiple times. Why is this so hard?” Soojin said in frustration, biting at her lower lip in worry. Yoon grinned at her older sister, moving to sit beside her, clasping a reassuring hand on her shoulder. 

 

“My dear sister, I think you really like her. Totally different from all your many… many… casual relationships.” Yoon said, a distant grimace on her face as she remembered all her run-ins with multiple girls exiting her sister’s room in the middle of the night. 

 

Soojin never allowed any of them to stay overnight. That was her rule. 

“I really do like her. No questioning that.” Soojin muttered, smiling at the thought of the girl. 

 

“Aw, you’re so whipped.” Yoon put a hand to her chest, looking like a proud mother seeing her daughter growing up so fast. 

 

Soojin rolled her eyes, “help me think of the perfect date.” 

 

“Wine and dine her. Take her to Neo, I can call Taeyong and make a reservation and make tomorrow night go by smoothly.” Yoon suggested, and Soojin nodded, because why didn’t she think of that. 

 

“No, I’ll call Taeyong and make the reservation. Yoon, you’re brilliant.” Soojin said, mentioning their old family friend. 

 

“We have so many connections in this city because of our parents, Soojin. I can’t believe nothing came to your mind. I can literally plan about twenty dates that will blow Shuhua away.” Yoon grinned. 

 

“My head just went blank. She has that effect on me.” Soojin smirked, watching Yoon’s expression fall suddenly. “Yeah, no. Yuqi’s right. It’s starting to get too mushy and disgusting.” She joked, causing Soojin to tackle her with tickles. 

 

//

“Shuhua.” Yuqi wiggled her eyebrows appreciatively, splayed over Shuhua’s bed, watching Shuhua struggle to appreciate herself. “I would do you. In fact, how about you tell Soojin you’re sick and you stay home with me instead.”

 

Shuhua formed a small smile at that, slapping Yuqi’s arm lightly. She turned to Soyeon for a more serious opinion.

 

“She’s right.” Soyeon shrugged helplessly. “You’re hot as hell, Shu.”

 

“Thanks, guys, but this is Soojin...” Shuhua blew out a breath. “I just…I don’t know. I’m not really even close to her league.”

 

“Soojin is kind of, I don’t know, obsessed with you?” Yuqi said into the room, to know one in particular, staring up at the white ceiling.

 

Soyeon hummed in agreement, “I haven’t seen her like this with any girl. Like ever. I like seeing my cousin happy, Shuhua. That’s what you do to her.” She smiled at Shuhua through the mirror. 

 

The sound of three firm knocks on the door echoed throughout the apartment. 

 

“That’s her, let me—,” Shuhua’s muttering was drowned by the tag team of Yuqi and Soyeon, who darted past her, running out of the room. 

 

“Guys!” Shuhua groaned, grabbing her purse as she made her way out of the room, unsurprised to find them interrogating her date.

 

“Soojin!” Yuqi greeted, and then froze, eyeing Soojin up and down and letting out a low whistle. “You look hot.”

 

“thank you, I know.” Soojin said confidently, smirking. “Is Shuhua here?”

 

“Answer these questions first.” Yuqi replied, arms folded, attempting to wear a stern face. “What are your intentions with my daughter?”

 

When Soojin shot her a quizzical look, she smirked. “Since her parents are out of the picture and completely useless, and since I am her best friend, I’ll be taking the role of her mother. Soyeon, you be the father, quick!” she nudged the shorter girl beside her. 

 

Yuqi cleared ,“Now…Let’s discuss .”

 

“Yuqi!” Shuhua admonished, hurrying out of her room. 

 

“Have her home safely, macho.” Yuqi smirked at Soojin, yanking Soyeon towards her own room by the collar.

 

Shuhua passed them on her way out, glaring, and then smiling shyly at Soojin.

 

Soojin was wearing a simple white dress, semi casual and yet complimentary, clinging to her flawless physique. Her long raven hair in waves and bangs neatly curled inwards at the ends, as they lay across her forehead. 

 

Soojin, on the other hand, was infatuated with Shuhua. Her simple black dress complimented the bright twinkle of her eyes, her long black hair around her shoulders, her makeup well done and her hands nervously at her sides.

 

Soojin seemed to catch onto that, and immediately set about relieving it. “Shuhua.” She breathed, and Shuhua didn’t doubt the sincerity of her words for even a moment. “You are…absolutely beautiful.” She handed Shuhua the bouquet of roses that were hiding behind her back. 

 

Shuhua, blushed, shyly taking the bouquet. She brought the roses to her nose, taking a whiff, and hiding her shy smile behind it, Soojin’s eyes on her the whole time. “You’re so sweet. Let me put these in a vase.” 

 

When she returned, Soojin’s eyes found hers immediately, and they shared a sweet smile. 

 

“Shuhua.” Soojin breathed. “Can I touch you?” 

 

Shuhua froze in front of Soojin, her heart fluttering at how much of a gentlewoman Soojin was, a far cry away from her ex boyfriend. Shuhua nodded, Soojin smiling in return.  

 

Soojin smiled, gently winding her arms around Shuhua’s waist as she pulled the younger girl close, one hand still holding her as the other brushed a lock of dark hair behind her ear. Shuhua got chills at the contact. Soojin even smelled heavenly.

 

“It’s okay to be nervous, as long as you’re happy, Shuhua.” Soojin murmured, their foreheads touching delicately. “I am, too.”

 

Shuhua blinked in disbelief, her eyelashes tickling Soojin’s cheek as she pulled back a few centimeters to stare into Soojin’s soft gaze. “You are?”

 

“Of course, my heart is beating like crazy.” Soojin whispered, raising Shuhua’s hand to rest upon her chest, so she could feel her heartbeat. 

 

“It always does that for you.” Soojin said. 

 

Shuhua smirked slightly, fear dissipating. “Don’t be such a poet.” She teased gently.

 

Soojin smiled at that, her hand cupping Shuhua’s cheeks as their lips grazed each other’s, though it wasn’t a kiss as much as it was a familiar touch. Soojin took a breath, gently nuzzling Shuhua instead.

 

Soojin had never been happier in her life. She was floored by the feelings Soojin evoked in her, by the delicacy with which she was handled.

 

“After you.” Soojin smiled, pressing a soft kiss to Shuhua’s forehead as she shut the door behind them, well aware of the high pitched squeals she heard from the other room, accompanied by Yuqi’s “You never did THAT!” to Soyeon. 

 

Pleasant small talk was made until Soojin stopped the car in front of Neo bistro, stepping out to beat the valet at Shuhua's door.

 

Shuhua, as expected, had to stifle a gasp. “Here? You didn’t.”

 

Soojin gave her a pleased little smirk as she laced her hand with Shuhua’s, tossing her key to the valet, who seemed to recognize her, or her car at the very least.

 

“Soojin, this place is the highest rated, most expensive restaurant in the entire city.” Shuhua whispered, surprised to find Soojin smiling amusedly.

 

“Perks of having my parent’s last name.” Soojin shrugged slightly, stepping through the open door with Shuhua in tow, gently rubbing her hand with her thumb every now and then.

 

Shuhua and Soojin were led to the private table in the back, where candles had been lit, silent and away from the main traffic of the rest of the restaurant. Needless to say, Shuhua was impressed.

 

Shuhua knew Soojin was going to go luxurious on whatever she had planned for their first date. She was Soojin Seo after all, but Shuhua wasn’t expecting anything, as she would’ve been happy with something cliche and simple, like the movies, or a walk on the beach.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter