Girlfriends?

Smitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuhua clutched her textbook on her lap, her attention now away from human anatomy and onto her pacing best friend. Yuqi had abruptly interrupted her studying, completely ignoring the ‘do not disturb’ sign on her door, made specifically for her best friend who did not understand her importance for studying because she was always bothered. 

 

“I’m gonna do it. I’m gonna do it.” Yuqi kept saying, pacing around Shuhua’s bed. 

 

Shuhua sighed, finally closing her book, seeing that her friend was clearly freaking out, and not leaving anytime soon. 

 

“What exactly are you going to do? Let’s start there.” Shuhua got up, walking to her bed to plop herself onto it, feeling her muscles release the tension of sitting at her desk for hours now. 

 

“It. I’m gonna do it!” Yuqi’s eyes widened, hands moving all over the place, expecting Shuhua to understand her right away because, Yuqi states, best friends should be able to have the ability to have mind reading powers at desperate times like this. 

 

“Sweetie, use your words.” Shuhua said with slurred laziness in her tone, not bothering to try and decipher what it was Yuqi was trying to say with her hands and eyes. 

 

“I’m gonna ask Soyeon to be my girlfriend. Officially.” Yuqi said, after taking a deep breath in. 

 

Shuhua jumped from her relaxed position, kneeling on her knees on the bed as she stared at Yuqi with wide eyes. They both paused for a second before they started squealing like school girls. 

 

“Fina-ing-ly!” Shuhua shouted, pulling her best friend onto the bed with her, both of them a giggling mess. 

 

“She’s been waiting, you know. She would’ve waited a lifetime for you. Said so herself.” Shuhua said, both of them recovering from their high and now staring at the ceiling with a million thoughts in their head. 

 

“I know. She’s so good to me, Shu. I think I’m gonna keep her around for a really long time. Maybe my whole life.” Yuqi smiled to herself. She’s never been so sure about anything in her life. Not until Soyeon came. It took her a really long time to admit to her feelings, and she knows she shouldn’t be so scared. Not when Soyeon reassures her the way that she does. Not when Soyeon looks at her like she’s the only person that matters. Yuqi felt safe with her. Yuqi knows now that she doesn’t need to be afraid of being hurt. 

 

“I’m happy for you, Yuqi.” Shuhua slid her hand across the bed to take a hold of her best friend’s hand. She gave her a comforting squeeze, both turning their heads to smile at each other. 

 

“I’m happy for you too, Shu.” Yuqi whispered. 

 

“Look at us. You’re dating y club owner Soojin, and I have my gorgeous and multi talented, soon-to-be girlfriend.” Yuqi sighed, a grin creeping onto her lips. 

 

Shuhua giggled, “look at us.” 

 

//

 

“I want it to be perfect. It has to be perfect. There is no other option, but perfect. Soyeon deserves perfect.” Yuqi said, words rapidly leaving , pacing again, but this time under Soojin’s roof. 

 

She wanted to plan the perfect way to ask Soyeon, but Yuqi’s never done this before, so she didn’t know how. 

 

Soojin was too busy placing soft kisses on the hand she was holding to listen to Yuqi panic about asking Soyeon to be her girlfriend. Shuhua was giving her best friend the attention she needed, nonetheless, enjoying the affection she was receiving. Yoon’s mind was already swirling with possible plans for the perfect surprise because she just loved playing matchmaker. 

 

“Yuqi, calm down. We’ll come up with something.” Shuhua tried to ease the frantic girl, leaning against Soojin, who had her arm around her shoulders. 

 

“Sorry, I’m panicking. I’ve never done this before.” Yuqi sighed, taking a seat next to Yoon on the couch. 

 

“I’m sure she’ll love anyway you ask her, Yuqi. She’s literally head over heels for you, and she’s been waiting. Soyeon will be leaping for days.” Soojin commented, comforting Yuqi, who gave her a thankful smile in return. 

 

“How would you ask Shuhua?” Yuqi abruptly questioned, making Shuhua’s eyes go wide. “Yuqi!” Shuhua scolded, now a bit uncomfortable in Soojin’s hold. She didn’t know if Soojin wanted to be official, or if she even did relationships. From what other people have said, Soojin was quite the player and just slept with girls.

 

Oh, god, why hasn’t Shuhua thought about this before? 

 

Shuhua was so captivated by all that is Soojin, and the way she was so good to her, and so affectionate. Her stupid soft eyes and kissable lips. 

 

Suddenly Shuhua’s anxious thoughts were forgotten when Soojin noticed how tense she’s become, and pulled Shuhua back into her embrace. Shuhua let out a breath she didn’t know she’d been holding, when Soojin placed a soft kiss to her temple, then to her shoulder. 

 

“Why would I tell you? You’d steal all my ideas.” Soojin jokes, a smirk playing on her lips, her fingers rubbing soft patterns on Shuhua’s skin, reassuring her. 

 

Yuqi huffed, dragging Yoon with her to the kitchen because she declared she needed alcohol, and she didn’t know where anything was in this ridiculously huge place. 

 

“You okay? Did that conversation scare you?” Soojin softly asked, finger under Shuhua’s chin to gently turn the younger girl’s attention towards her. 

 

Shuhua bit her lip nervously, “no, I... maybe...” 

 

Soojin smiled, finding Shuhua too adorable. Unlike Shuhua, Soojin wasn’t scared to go head first into anything. Sure, she’s never been in a serious relationship in a long time, not since her last one, but Shuhua made it easy for her to be at ease. To not worry about anything. 

 

“You know, I thought I’d be scared about this too, but I can’t be scared. Not with you. And I assure you, baby, you don’t need to be scared with me. I won’t hurt you. You make me feel things that I can’t even describe in words. I am utterly head over heels and obsessed with you, you know that?” Soojin moved her hand to cradle Shuhua’s jaw, bringing her close to rest their foreheads together. 

 

“You always have the right words to say, don’t you?” Shuhua replied, voice wavering, eyes closing in fear that she would cry. 

 

Soojin closed her eyes too, relishing the moment, this perfect moment.

 

“Are you still scared?” Soojin questioned, moving closer to lightly graze their lips together in a light kiss. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter