You’re Happy?

Smitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin didn’t know if Jackson really wanted to see her blow up, but she did not appreciate how touchy that man was with her girlfriend. Shuhua didn’t seem to be bothered, like it was a normal thing for them. Maybe it was, but Shuhua wasn’t single anymore, so it should be different. 

 

“You need to calm down. I told you, it’s nothing to be worried about.” Soyeon whispered to her, noticing the way Soojin’s eyes turned icy cold, and her demeanor was tense and kind of scary. Even for Soyeon. 

 

“I just met him. I trust nobody.” Soojin scowled underneath her breath. 

 

“Trust Shuhua, then.” Soyeon says, and that seemed to make Soojin falter for a second, letting out a sigh. 

 

The girl named Tzuyu, made her way towards them in the kitchen, grabbing another drink from the fridge. 

 

“So, I heard you’re both kind of a big deal.” Tzuyu said, catching the two girls off guard. 

 

“Excuse me?” Soyeon replied. 

 

“You’re the daughter of the Seo’s who founded and owns the biggest tech company in Asia, and you’re the daughter of the Jeon’s, who owns probably about a thousand restaurant chains all over the world. And you’re cousins? Sheesh. Talk about good genes, am I right?” Tzuyu smirked, oblivious to the way Soojin tensed up at the mention of her parents. 

 

“I see you’ve done your research.” Soyeon acknowledged. 

 

Tzuyu didn’t falter at their cold gaze, “I’m just looking out for my friends.” 

 

“There’s nothing to worry about.” Soyeon calmly said, mostly reassuring the girl. She understood the protectiveness that came from all of them when it came to each other, and Soyeon actually felt relieved to see it. She was happy that Shuhua and Yuqi had that kind of support system from other people other than her and the two Seo siblings. 

 

“Listen, if you knew about all the from our past, and everything those girls have been through, you’d understand why I’m acting this way. I care about them. We will always protect them.” Tzuyu seemed challenging, voice stern and gaze matching Soojin’s icy one, specifically. Soyeon and Soojin knew that Shuhua and Yuqi weren't very fond of talking about the past, and they respected it. 

 

They can’t help, but become curious.  

 

“Tzuyu, chill out.” Amber walked into the kitchen next. 

 

“We came here to cheer Shuhua up, not start a fight with her girlfriend.” Amber threw Soojin a smirk, stealing the beer bottle from Tzuyu, as she leaned against the island. 

 

“There’s no fight.” Soojin simply said, expression unchanged and remained stoic and cold. 

 

“Not yet, at least. Like I said, I did my research. Seems like you have a bit of an issue… with controlling your temper.” Tzuyu was really testing all patience, and the room tensed and Soojin’s knuckles turned white by the way she had been clenching the edge of the island. 

 

“I don’t know what you’re implying.” Soojin didn’t falter. 

 

Tzuyu shrugged, “I’m not implying. I’m saying, straight and upfront,  I think Shuhua isn’t safe with you if that temper of yours gets the best of you.”

 

“Be very careful on what you wanna lay out on the table, kid. Soojin would never hurt Shuhua.” Soyeon said between clenched teeth. 

 

“I don’t know that. We just met.” Tzuyu retorted. 

 

“Exactly. You don’t know me. You have no right to make assumptions about me. You’ve crossed a line.” By that time, Soojin had been fuming, trying her best not to raise her voice and catch the attention of the other people in the house, especially Shuhua’s, who had been having the best time. 

 

“Now’s not the time.” Amber warned. 

 

Before another word could be uttered, Shuhua stumbled into the kitchen in a fit of giggles, unaware of the tense aura and heated exchange that had just happened. 

 

“God, I forgot how hilarious Jackson was.” Shuhua said to her friends, making her way to Soojin’s side because apparently even being occupied by her childhood friends couldn’t keep her away from her girlfriend. 

 

“Hi,” Shuhua kissed her cheek with the widest grin. 

 

Soojin softened in her hold, releasing a breath she didn’t even know she had been holding. “Hi, baby.” 

 

“Everyone getting along?” Shuhua questioned, and it seemed like she had no doubt behind her voice, and if that made her smile, Soojin didn’t hesitate to reassure her. “Of course. We’re getting along just fine.” Soojin forced out, keeping her eyes on her girlfriend to remain calm because Shuhua just had that effect on her. 

 

Shuhua let out a breath, snuggling into Soojin’s side. “I’m so happy. Like really really happy, at this moment. Like how can I not be? I’ve got all my favorite people in one place and everyone’s getting along with each other. This is the best and only family I’ll ever need.” 

 

Soojin wrapped her arm around Shuhua, pressing her lips to her forehead, as her eyes closed shut, forcing all the negative feelings away, and focusing on her. This was one of those random times where Shuhua lays her heart out, wide open for her, and Soojin cherished it. No one was going to ruin it for Shuhua. 

 

She won’t let it happen. Even if they all had to play nice and remain civil. 

 

“You’re happy?” Soojin whispered in her ear.  

 

Shuhua nodded against her, “so happy.” 

 

//

 

Even if Soojin had been able to bite down on her anger and contain all of her emotions from bursting, Shuhua noticed that something was wrong. She made sure to constantly ask her girlfriend if she was feeling alright, or if something was bothering Soojin, but Shuhua was always reassured with a kiss and a smile. 

 

They were all scattered in the living room as old stories were sprung out into the open for them to reminisce. The three outcasts listened intently and with interest, learning about Yuqi and Shuhua with each story told. 

 

“Remember p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter