Stolen Kisses in the Parking Lot

Smitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin ordered for Shuhua, the younger girl whispering excitedly what she wanted in her ear, a hand tugging on the back of the older girl’s jacket, in fear she would get the order wrong. As if Soojin hadn’t already had Shuhua’s original order imprinted in her brain. 

 

They found a spot in the corner where no one was sitting around them, and the two sat opposite of each other, grinning tiredly at each other like idiots. It didn't take long for Shuhua’s order number to be called, and the gentlewoman Soojin was, took the initiative to stand up and go get it for her. 

 

“After this, I’m bringing you right home, so you can sleep.” Soojin sternly said, giving no room for the med student to protest. Shuhua paid no attention to the other girl’s firm orders, as she dug into her food, at the goodness on her taste buds. 

 

Soojin smiled at the way Shuhua’s eyes grew wide as she chewed, and she found it very fascinating how the younger girl still reacted this way to familiar food that she’s had countless times. The way Shuhua appreciates every little thing about life makes Soojin’s heart warm. 

 

“I will never get sick of this.” Shuhua hummed in content, sipping on her chocolate milkshake, eyes closed to savor the flavor. “Slow down, Yeh. Knowing how clumsy you are,  I don’t want you choking on your food.” Soojin teased, earning a sharp glare from the latter. The way Shuhua practically inhaled her food, it didn’t take long for her to finish, leaving only her milkshake to be consumed. 

 

“I feel like I haven’t felt this full in a long time.” Shuhua tapped her belly, slumping against her seat. It has been a while since she’s last eaten a proper meal, and even longer since she’s last eaten a healthy home cooked meal. She missed her younger days when she would come home after a long day of school and studying to her favorite meals cooked by her father, being the less busy out of her parents. 

 

“Well, considering you’re always too busy to even eat..” Soojin’s eyebrows furrowed, giving her a worried look. Shuhua waved her hand, not wanting to bring this conversation up again. “Look, I get it. I need to take care of myself better. I’ve been by myself for most of my life, so I think I can survive.” Shuhua said, stern and stubborn. 

 

Soojin sighed, knowing this was a sensitive subject for Shuhua. She didn’t want to open a door to something that was very emotional for Shuhua at a wrong time. The younger girl has definitely opened up to Soojin a lot more than expected, but Soojin knew that there was more to know about Shuhua. And she’ll know when Shuhua is ready. “You’re not alone anymore, okay? You’ve got people around you to love and care for you.” was all she could say, to offer comfort even though Shuhua won’t admit she needs it. 

 

Shuhua softened, “I know.” 

 

//

 

Yoon stood in front of Yuqi, a smug grin on her lips, hand extended in front of her towards the older girl. “Pay up loser. I won the bet.” 

 

It had been a few days since Soojin had kissed Shuhua and confessed her feelings for her, and it didn’t take long for the three girls to find out about it. Yuqi found out first when the two came back from their little outing that night. Soyeon had been moved from the couch to Yuqi’s bedroom, and Yoon was still fast asleep on the couch with a blanket and pillow. Yuqi walked out of her room to get a glass of water, and found Soojin sneakily kissing Shuhua goodnight. 

 

Shuhua had to hurriedly clamp her hands onto the older girl’s mouth, so she would not wake the entire apartment complex. It’s been a few days, but neither, Shuhua or Soojin, made a move to ask each other out on an official date. Just a few stolen kisses, hugs, and romantic gestures. 

 

Soyeon raised a brow, a questioning look on her face. Yuqi huffed and slapped a hundred dollar bill into the younger girl’s hands, muttering something about this wasn’t the way to treat your elders towards Yoon. 

 

“What exactly did you guys bet on?” Soyeon asked, rubbing a comforting hand on the still annoyed Yuqi at her side. 

 

“On Sooshu.” Yoon waved the bill in front of her mockingly. 

 

“Sooshu?” 

 

“Yeah, Soojin and Shuhua? Sooshu?” Yoon said, as if it was the most obvious thing ever, giving Soyeon a judgemental look. Yuqi let out another huff, “Why did I bet on Shuhua? That clumsy ball of stress didn’t have a chance at making the first move.” 

 

“Oh my god, I’m dating a child.” Soyeon facepalmed her face at how childish Yuqi was. 

 

Yuqi grimaced, “If I’m the child, that would make you a e.” Soyeon’s eyes widened, smacking the taller girl on the arm repeatedly till she was begging for forgiveness, “Ow. Babe, I’m kidding. OW. Shuhua, save me!” 

 

Shuhua, walking out of the kitchen, laughed, shaking her head at her best friend. “No way. Knowing you, you’ve probably done or said something stupid to deserve it.” 

 

Yuqi feigned a gasp, giving Shuhua a look of betrayal. “Yoon, announce to the world that Yuqi Song will soon be accepting applications for a new best friend.” 

 

Yoon grinned, “okay! Then Shuhua can be my best friend.” The youngest jumped onto the couch next to Shuhua, nuzzling herself into a hug that the older girl was glad to give her. 

 

Yuqi scoffed, “tough love.” 

 

Soyeon giggled, her hands running up and down Yuqi’s arm that she had been lightly smacking playfully, even though Yuqi prompted to give such a dramatic response. It wouldn’t be Yuqi if it wasn’t a little extra, now would it?

 

It was a Sunday, and Shuhua and Yoon had finished another tutoring session, preparing for the high schooler’s exam the following week. Soyeon was already there, sleeping over from the previous night, something that had been happening at least once a week now, not that Shuhua was complaining. She just wished that everytime the couple had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter