Four

Adore You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

disclaimer: this is a work of fiction.

an: flashbacks are italicized.

 

            March 27, 2021           
     (PRESENT)    

 

 

Everything was routine to her.

 

 

Wake up, rehearse, sleep.

 

 

Chaeyoung was on the way to the venue for her MBC Stage where she'll be performing her title track On The Ground.

 

 

She has always waited for this-- to perform the songs she wrote to her fans and now that it's here, she still can't believe that her dream is finally coming true.

 

 

As she finally sat in the make up room, she felt bittersweet. She was always accompanied by her members in rehearsal and make up rooms but now she's here alone. Again. Lisa, Jisoo and Jennie had their own individual schedules so they weren't able to come with her but she understood.  Blackpink's schedule these days are really hectic and photoshoots for the brands they represent are almost never-ending. That's why Chaeyoung understands her members' absence today. 

 

 

Her members sent her dozens of messages showing their support and promising to make it up once their schedules free up. They also sent flowers.

 

 

"You ready?" she heard her manager ask so Chaeyoung nodded.

 

 

It was time.

 

 

---------------

 

 

After her performance, Chaeyoung's schedule is done for the day. Her thoughts wandered to the call she received days ago. Chaeyoung wasn't the kind of person who held grudges but she was hurt. 

 

 

Bae Suzy not only had the guts to break her heart two years ago but the actress also had the guts to call her on one of the most important days in her life just to  with her head. 

 

 

It's been days since the call and it's been two years since they had seen each other---- in person. Because let's face it, when your ex-girlfriend is one of the most sought for actresses in South Korea, you'll be seeing her literally everywhere. Moving on was a hundred times harder for Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung suddenly remembers the first few months after the breakup. It was the worst. Her members were clueless about the sudden change in her demeanor so they really didn't know what to do. Except for Lisa. 

 

The singer could have gone and moved on all while keeping things to herself and without anyone knowing but that night happened. Just thinking about it made her want to vomit. She was at her worst and Lisa was there to witness it all.

 

 

The night when Suzy ended it all with the classic "I can't do this anymore." text.

 

 

That was why Chaeyoung drank all to herself leading to the ultimate mistake of her life---- begging for love.

 

 

She went to Suzy's apartment in a trashed state, red cheeks from all the drinking. Atleast she remembered to put her mask on and layers of clothes.  you dispatch, Chaeyoung mumbled. She vividly remembers ringing the doorbell repeatedly until someone finally opened the door. 

 

 

"Chaeng.. What are you doing here, what's wrong with you?!" Suzy exclaimed as she looked at Chaeyoung in disbelief.  "Someone could see you!" Suzy shouted. She never raised her voice and the singer clearly remembers how she flinched and her eyes watered at the actress' indifference. 

 

 

"Tell me what's wrong with me so I can fix

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter