The Cost Of Fame

One Summer Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jihoon

 

It is so quiet in the car right now that you could hear a pin drop.

She has not spoken one word to me since we had to run to get to the car.

Once I was recognized it was a mad house.

People started pulling out their phones, snapping pictures and recording us.

I can tell she was afraid and nervous at the sudden attention and I felt bad for not telling her who I really was.

I should have the minute we got on the topic of K-pop music, but I was so excited to see that she thought I was a regular man and I wanted to keep her looking at me like that.

She had no idea that I was Rain the famous singer and actor.

She was not pretending to get to know me for who I was because she got the real me from the jump.

I look at her, she is sitting stiffly in her seat looking out of the window.

I sigh pulling over to the side of the road.

She inhales sharply turning to look at me grimacing.

“Why are we stopping?” She asks her voice trembling.

I learn back looking at her until she breaks eye contact.

“Look, I am sorry about not being upfront about who I was.”

“I thought you knew I was famous when I was initially approached you at the café.”

“But when you and I began to chat then I realized you had no idea who I was.”

“I was taken aback at first but when you talked and joked with me with ease and no pretense, I loved it.”

“It was nice to just sit and talk to a beautiful woman and not have to worry about her motives.”

"I got greedy, and I am so sorry if you got hurt, I promise it was not my intention."

“I was selfish and naïve to think that we wouldn’t be seen or that someone wouldn't recognize me.”

“Please don’t be mad, tell me what you are thinking right now?”

She sighs turning to look at me fully for the first time since we left the restaurant.

“I am not mad per say, I am just shocked and a little bit hurt.”

“We have spent almost the whole day together; we’ve talked about everything I have even made fun of your chosen profession and you still didn’t say anything.”

“I cringe thinking about how rude I sounded.”

I lean back in my seat smiling relieved, I thought she would rip my head off, but this girl is full of surprises.

“Well I have to agree with you somewhat.”

“Oh, what about?”

“When I look at some of my older music videos I cringe at my at myself.”

She laughs eyes twinkling the corners turning up adorably, man this girl is a stunner.

I grin self-deprecatingly.

“You shouldn’t be too hard on yourself because it looks like you were a hit, judging by the way those girls were swarming on us like locusts.”

“Oppa Oppa please can I have a hug, it was Oppa this Oppa that."

"Or my favorite one, Rain I love you can I give birth to your babies!” She repeated and burst out laughing.

The sound tinkling in my ears, even her laugh is adorable. 

“Yeah that is a normal day, you should see the bra and that I get when I perform live.

"Oh, I can imagine!" She laughs again shaking her head.

She gasps putting her hand over eyes widening.

“I knew I recognized you, remember when I told you that you looked familiar?!”

“It was you in Ninja Assassin, although you were way skinnier back then.”

“Wow I was in love with you after I saw that movie!” She squeals.

“Oh really? And how do you feel about me now?” I ask moving close to her my lips almost touching hers.

She gasps looking up into my eyes then down to my lips gulping.

“To be determined.” She whispers looking back into my eyes.

I chuckle leaning back into my seat and starting the ignition.

“One thing for sure is you are cute.”

“Cute? Just cute?” She asks mock offended.

“Of course not, but cute is a good start.” I wink at her turning looking at the road ahead.

She kisses I teeth and folds her arms across her chest looking out the window.

I sneak a peek at her and see the smile on her lips and grin.

She is a cutie pie, and I cannot wait to see how all this unfolds.

 

 

Thirty minutes later we are pulling up to her hotel.

For the last ten minutes she has been texting furiously about God only knows.

She would randomly break out laughing at what she was reading making me even more curious what they were talking about.

She looks up and sees the hotel and puts her phone away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter