Just Call Me Oppa

One Summer Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Olivia

 

“I can’t believe you Bradie.”

“Who comes all the way to their dream vacation destination and gets sick the first day there?!”

I ask incredulously.

“Me that’s who? This is just my luck I am in the KPOP capital and I am sick as a dog!”

She wailed and I felt bad for complaining.

She came down with a terrible headache when we landed and even threw up.

I was worried all day yesterday, so I stayed in the room and took care of her.

She is feeling much better today but weak from the throwing up and lack of sleep.

I sigh and lay down next to her on the bed.

“I know nothing about pop goes the weasel or whatever it is you’re are talking about, all I know is that we only have ten more days here and you have already missed two of them.”

“Don’t you think I want to see what them Seoul streets do just as bad as you do?” She cried.

“I know you do even worse than I do it was you who got me into Korean dramas after all.”

“Exactly and how and I supposed to meet Leetuek so he can fall in love with me at first sight if I am puking my guts out?”

“First of all, what is a Leetuek? And second ewww.”

She sighs rolling over on her side to look at me.

“You are utterly clueless how could you not know who Leetuek is?”

“Because I don’t, now who is he?” I reply sassily.

“Girl how are you in Seoul and you know nothing about one of its popular artists or it’s music? And why are you here again?”

“Um hello the food duh? Plus, to visit another country and learn more about its culture and customs.”

“I only got into the dramas because I happened to be at your house while you were watching Boys Over Flowers otherwise, I’d still be lost.”

“Plus, the fact that our trip coincides with my birthday doesn’t hurt either.”

“Man, I hope I am better by Saturday because if I have to miss going out with you on your birthday I am going to be pissed off!!”

“Just rest today I am going to go out and see what I can see today and hopefully you can come with me tomorrow.”

“I ordered room service every three hours for you so can eat and have plenty of liquids so be listening out for them ok.”

“How long are you going to be gone if you’re ordering multiple room service orders?”

“I don’t know I just figured that if I am still gone until six pm, you’ll still be covered for dinner at least."

I may be gone one hour it may be eight I am in Seoul freaking South Korea!” I scream excitedly and she laughs.

“Alright alright I get it, take lots of pictures and stay away from dark alleys you don’t speak the language and you’re gorgeous I don’t want anyone to snatch you up.”

I snicker.

“Chile I am one hundred and seventy-five pounds, with thick thighs, hips, a big and s to spare I am pretty sure I am safe here in Seoul.”

“I am not what they are checking for out here in these South Korea streets ok.”

“Whatever a beautiful woman is universal, and you are practically a supermodel back home.”

“Exactly back home I am popping they aren’t checking for my shape here and I am ok with that because I ain’t looking for a man here I didn’t come here for that.”

“I know I know but what if some fine hunk of a man comes onto you while we are here?”

“Well let’s hope he is fluent in English otherwise we’d just be enjoying the view of each other.” I replied saucily and she cracks up.

“Get out! Laughing at you is making my side hurt and I need to recuperate so I can get out in the streets with you tomorrow.”

I grin.

 

“Ok I am going I need to shower and get dressed anyway, call me if you need anything before, I leave out ok.’’

“Will do.”

I give her one last hug and head to my room to shower and pick out an outfit.

I quickly brush my teeth, wash my face, and neck and hop in the shower.

Thirty minutes later I am slathering baby oil on and putting on my underwear.

“Now what to wear I?” I tap my chin looking at the clothes hanging in the closet.

After nearly twenty minutes I finally settled on an orange and white horizontal striped tube dress covering with a white sleeveless denim vest.

I pulled out the pair orange and white leather slip ons purchased to go with the dress and laid everything on the bed.

I dumped my accessories on the bed next to the clothes to see what stood out.

I decided on pair of jumbo gold hoops, my nameplate necklace, gold bangles and my fit bit.

Since I am going to be doing a lot of walking around, I am doing a cute but comfy look for today.

I dress quickly and sit at the vanity in the bathroom to do my face and hair.

It is hot as fish grease outside so makeup is out of the question and wearing my hair down is even more out the question.

In the end I did a slicked up high ponytail laying down my edges and baby hairs with some edge control.

I used my rat tail comb and an edge brush to wave them up.

I tone and moisturize my face and neck and apply bb cream, falsies, dramatic winged liner and some highlighter to my cheeks, nose, and forehead.

On my lips I use my favorite pencil chestnut by MAC and apply clear lip gloss over it.

I apply another coat of cream to my arms and legs concentrating on my elbows and ankles because we cannot be ashy outchere in these Seoul streets ok!

At the last minute I rub some glitter lotion across my chest, collarbones, and neck because why not.

I put on my jewelry, slip on my shoes, and stand to look at myself in the bathroom mirror.

I spin and primp and grin at my reflection.

If anyone saw me, they would swear up and down that I was in my early twenties, but that ship has long sailed away.

I love to see the reactions on their faces when I say I am thirty-four soon to be thirty-five.

“Girl you fine like fine.” I say winking at my reflection.

I grab my favorite perfume and spray myself from head to toe.

When I feel like I smell like a garden in Eden I put the bottle in my bag along with my portable charger, Korean to English book, earbuds, wallet, passport (You never know), lip liner, gloss, Chapstick, hand sanitizer, face mask, Clorox wipes (because you know public bathrooms are gross), baby wipes, gum, altoids, lotion and head out the door.

I make it all the way to Bradie’s room and realize I left my phone on the charger.

I quickly grab that because it is the most important item, I will need to be honest.

I slip it in the front pocket of my bag and knock on her door.

I peek in and she is fast asleep.

I walk over and touch her forehead.

She is not hot anymore Hallelujah for that.

I grab the notepad on the nightstand and write her a quick note to let her know I left.

I run to the kitchen and fill a pitcher with iced water, well it is really ice with water so it will melt slowly.

I grab a box of crackers and sit them on the nightstand with an empty glass, so she does not have to get up if she does not want to.

I kiss her forehead and she does not even flinch a true testament of how tired she is because this girl wakes up if a slight breeze blows her way while she is in bed.

I chuckle and head out closing the door behind me.

I grab my crossover bag and pull it on my body.

I head to the door with one last look at the room to see if I have forgotten anything.

“Phone check, wallet check, portable charger check."

"I have all of my essentials, so I am good to go!"

"So, let’s get out here and see what these Seoul streets do.” I say to myself giggling as I walk down the hall.

I walk out the hotel and into the sweltering heat and think man!!

I see why the men’s shirts are always covered in sweat in the dramas! It is hot as the devil’s workshop out here!

I walk further down the road and thank the Lord he felt the need to blow some wind on his child because suddenly, the most delicious breeze blows over me.

I sigh with relief, "Note to self if I ever come to Seoul again come when it’s their Fall season.”

 

I stop at a few of the vendors along the way and purchase some knick knacks and put them in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter