Chapter 9: Sober

The Real Deal (TabiSan FanFic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA’s POV

Circa 2015.

“So how was the kiss, Dara-ya?” 

We all laughed at Bommie’s teasing question, except for CL who had a sour face.

“Gosh! Stop it! I can’t even imagine — like why does it have to be Seungyoon of all people?”

“Says the one who has a thing with Song Mino?!”  

Because of Bommie’s dissing, our topic diverted from my current web-drama to Chaerin and Mino’s relationship. The four of us are on a video call. We haven’t seen each other for months so we make sure to always catch up via Facetime.

“Unnies, did you receive weird messages from the boys?” Mingkki voiced out of the blue.”Youngbae Oppa and Jiyong Oppa just texted me.”

“Traitor — that was what I received. What did they send you, Mingkki?” Chaerin engrossingly asked.

“Same thing!” Minzy responded and I was left clueless.

“What’s with these skunks?!” Chaerin yelped, then I was about to say something when I received a message from Jiyong. 

“Yah, yah, yah! Otteoke?! Daesung just sent me a video. I think Tabi’s drunk! Omo—”

I got immersed in Jiyong's text messages that I received consecutively, making the girls inaudible all of a sudden. The three were still talking, but it’s as if their voices became stifled when I played the video that Jiyong sent me. 

“What did you say, Hyung?” 

It was Seungri. He sounded unconvinced. 

“Aish! I said Dara is my girlfriend! My girlfriend! My girlfriend! Sandara Park is my girlfriend!”

The background noise was initially full of people chatting, laughing, and even glasses clinking. After Tabi’s remarks, I heard gasps, then silence ate them up. The video turned to black without warning. The videographer, Jiyong, dropped his phone — maybe because of shock? Well, I couldn’t blame him. This is too much for a simple afterparty for their concert in Bangkok. I hope his phone is fine, even though I know he can buy another one in an instant. 

“Unnie, are you still there?”

“Sheez, I guess you already watched it?”

“Omona, Tabi finally confessed! This is chaos!” I laughed dryly at Bom’s utterance. “Good luck, Dara-yah. You now have more mouths to shut.” She giggled.

I heaved a sigh. “Yeah, wish me luck.”

T.O.P’s POV

Circa 2015.

I fixed my eyeglasses as I continued to fiddle with my phone. Why is she not texting me back? I sent an “I love you” before I totally knocked out last night. Is she busy? Yeah, right! She’s probably busy promoting that childish drama. Oh, I’m sorry, but don’t get me wrong, I fully support her with all of her — okay, maybe not. She’d probably get mad if she knew I was still sulking over that show of her with that little guitarist guy. 

Fine, I am the childish one! It’s just work between them so why am I acting up? I just really find it weird that she’s been partnered up with a boy who we all treat as a baby brother. You see, Chaerin and I usually bicker with each other. Well, she does with everyone, but unexpectedly this time, we understand each other. Most of them are very supportive and excited about Dara and Seungyoon’s drama while me and Chaerin... We just couldn’t accept it!

Ahhh!!! My head hurts!!! 

“You good, hyung?” I eyed Youngbae who asked me without looking at me. I just released a sigh and stretched my arms. Like me, he was also busy with his phone. The only difference between the two of us right now is his girlfriend is probably replying to his messages. Poor me. 

“Hangover, hangover, hangover, hangover-over-over.”

I lazily gazed at Seungri who was obviously hyped up as always. He handed me a canned coffee which he and Jiyong got from a vending machine near us. I accepted the coffee and gulped it all at once after opening. Of course, I ended up coughing to death.

“That’s what ungrateful people get.” 

I frowned at Jiyong’s banter. He sounded dead serious but the other guys just laughed it off. Did I miss something? Nah, I should have thanked them, they got me coffee but I was too lazy to do so.

“Why are you in a rush, Hyung? You even drank it as quickly as possible as if that would make our flight to Seoul faster. Too excited to go home, eh?” 

“Yah, Lee Seunghyun, my head is killing me so don’t make me kill you, arasseo?” I responded to the bickering duck. 

“So it’s my fault now? It was you, Hyung, who drank last night as if there was no tomorrow!” 

“He’s right. Nobody even offered you a single drink, it was all you who insisted on drinking like a mad man, then being a crybaby after.” Jiyong then shared a high five with Seungri. The staff near us giggled. What with these two? They’re best friends now?!

In usual cases, I would throw a tantrum and tell each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter