What do couples do when they apart?

Ordinary life of the university students.

 It’s been almost two weeks since Tzuyu met Mina’s friends. She even had lunch with them one day when she was free. Their relationships seem to be going fine, developing into a friendship of some kind. Mina was absolutely delighted by this.

 Nayeon being interested in one of Tzuyu’s friends, asked her to bring the trio to their gathering to meet one another. But since Chaeyoung was busy with her project, they postponed it till later. And sulking, Nayeon had to find other ways to see a beautiful tall girl that she knocked out before.

 Tzuyu was making dinner with Jeongyeon helping her while two others played video games. On the weekends they always were making time for each other. Ever since high school they were hanging out together or preparing for quizzes and tests together. And today they were finally allowed into Tzuyu’s apartment. Mina jokingly said that she would allow them to meet up together and gossip behind her back as she will stay at her place.

 The table was slowly getting served and Jeongyeon nagged more since the duo couldn’t put the controllers down to help a little. Tzuyu chuckled, shrugging on them and suggested to let them be since they still need someone to clean afterwards. Today they were having beef stew. Dahyun bought some snacks on the way here but it was put aside on the coffee table to enjoy later, maybe when they would drink and relax in front of the TV. The girl already knew that they will be staying the night and had nothing to worry about.

 “So, are you planning to propose Mina the idea of living together?” Jeongyeon asked.

 Tzuyu checked the time left on the rice cooker and turned to face her friend.

 “I don’t want her to feel pressured about moving in. You know, we’re moving slower than ants in this.”

 The older one chuckled, she leaned back in her chair and played with chopsticks.

 “Yeah, okay. I got it. But you are married and all. It’s just weird that you still live apart. Your parents bought this place especially to support your relationships.”
 “I know. But you do know about the marriage. I want her to be comfortable about it. Not to rush things.”

 Jeongyeon was ready to say something else but suddenly the voice interrupted her.

 “Leave it. Come one, you don’t even have such experience and still talking like you’ve had hundreds of wives.”

 Chaeyoung entered the scene and flopped on the chair, disappointed Dahyun tailing behind her. Jeongyeon pouted cutely joking that she was offended.

 Very soon they were all in front of the TV but the film was completely forgotten as they spoke to each other. Each holding a bottle of beer and relaxing on the couch.

 “I think she likes you.”

 Dahyun concluded after the story about Nayeon’s too sudden and weird appearance near Med Building. The older laughed it off, trying to express the idea that Nayeon is just feeling sorry for that incident, but none of them bought it. Tzuyu grinned and decided to add fuel to the fire.

 “You know when we were meeting the last time she said it would be nice for you to join.” She glanced at her friend, who listened attentively. “And she was indeed sad when I said you had business to do.”

 They all looked with curiosity at her reaction, holding in laughter and smiles. Jeongyeon frowned thinking. She wasn’t sure if what the girls were saying was true but the idea of Nayeon having feelings for her was appealing to Jeongyeon. Nayeon was a beautiful girl with a little selfish character but also caring nature. She didn’t know much but it was interesting to learn more about this girl.

 “Okay, I’ll make sure to bring you along next time.” Tzuyu said, tired of silence.
 “Oh, I wanna see.” Chaeyoung raised a bottle.
 “Me too.”

 They cheered for Jeongyeon to get laid as soon as possible and switched the topic.

 

 

 Around 10 when some of them were pretty wasted and couldn’t control the desire to dance to some old songs, Mina called. Tzuyu was almost sober. She only had two bottles and its effect wore out a long time ago. She grabbed the phone and thought of messing with Mina for a bit.

 “Hello, my sunshine.”

 She made the drunkest voice she could manage, music was blasting in the background – not too loud but enough to make it hard to hear.

 “You okay?” Mina’s voice went instantly worried.
 “Completely.” Tzuyu heard Dahyun making noises while dancing. “We’re in the club.”

 She heard shifting and the way Mina inhale, almost ready to blow up.

 “You said you guy will gather at home.”
 “Yeah, but Chaeyoung wanted to go to club and…”
 “What club?”

 By the voice, Tzuyu could guess she was fuming. It was funny but she knew that better not keep it going for too long. She heard the other voice, probably Mina’s roommate asking what’s the matter.

 “Don’t know. Just some club.”

 A disappointed sigh exited her lips and Tzuyu could imagine her raising eyebrows in annoyance. She grinned waiting for the answer but then saw Jeongyeon tripping over the pillow and almost turning over the table.

 “Okay, honey, I’m kidding. We’re home, don’t worry.”
 “Chou Tzuyu!”

 She sighed with relief and scolded Tzuyu for scaring her like this. They wished each other a good night and Tzuyu returned to her friends. They were partying for few more minutes until Dahyun whined that she was tired.

 Jeongyeon and Dahyun went to share a bed in the guest room and Tzuyu sent Chaeyoung to her bedroom. She went to clean the living room a little and opened the window to get rid of the smell of alcohol. Then finally, she joined her friend.

 “Tzu, the one who marries you will be the happiest person.”

 Chaeyoung mumbled with closed eyes. Tzuyu chuckled.

 “Well, I already have this person.”
 “, Mina is so lucky.”

 Tzuyu waited for any more drunk talks but the smaller one fell asleep.

 

 

 Mina put her phone away with a deep sigh. She was slightly annoyed because of the prank Tzuyu pulled on her. Sana grinned watching her friend’s dissatisfied face. They were currently watching some TV program that Momo liked. The oldest of three even brought popcorn to enjoy it but Sana felt slightly bored and Mina was giving her the chance to entertain herself a little and .

 “What happened? Missing your girlfriend?”

 It still felt foreign to say girlfriend towards Mina. She never voiced out her preference but Sana nevertheless knew her friend liked girls. Sana even thought of the plan to introduce Mina to some people she knew herself, but then she suddenly said she has a lover. Though it was interesting to see her from the other side of the coin – blushing, nervous and even flirty.

 “No.”

 Sana pressed lips together to hide a smile.

 “She’s with friends and apparently they are having lots of fun.”
 “Are you jealous?” Momo asked from the other side of the couch, eyes still fixed on the TV.
 “She just thought it would be funny to pretend she’s drunk in some club.”

 Sana studied Mina’s face – her lips pressed in annoyance, hands locked on the chest. She grinned.

 “And if she’s in the club, what will you do?”
 “Get her back home. It’s dangerous.”

 She was right, but Sana couldn’t help but notice something more in her friend’s behavior. She was obviously jealous. None of them saw a possessive Mina, they just thought she wasn’t that type. But when she was acting like this, everything became obvious.

 “You sure are jealous.” Momo chuckled.
 “Is there a reason to be?” Sana asked.
 “Well, you’ve seen her – gorgeous, pretty and intelligent. Who won’t want her? In high school, she was so popular.”

 Mina got slightly disappointed and sad. Sana panicked. It wasn’t her intention to ruin the evening. She just was curious, nothing else. She had to think of what to say quickly.

 “And nevertheless, she’s with you, right? She loves you, it’s too obvious. You don’t need to worry about a thing with her.”

 Momo saved the day. Mina smiled at her and looked up at the TV screen.

 “You’re right, Momo-rin.”

 The trio then were only watching the TV for the next hour or so. Sana tried her best to keep her eyes focused but she only could bear for 20 more minutes. She excused herself quickly and went to sleep first. Mina checked her phone for any messages but had nothing. Well, Tzuyu was having fun with friends, that was fine.

 When the TV program was over Momo changed her pose due to the free space on the couch. She stretched her hands and looked at Mina. She was also curious, maybe not as much as Sana but this worried, lovely, jealous Mina was a rare sight to her.

 Mina was always the youngest in their group and they all thought of her as the innocent child that must be protected at any cost. Jihyo was going nuts when some weird students were trying their luck in front of Mina. Her loud screaming was scaring everyone. And sometimes Momo thought that while they around Mina would never get a chance to meet a lover since her friends were too protective of her. Turned out they didn’t need to worry about anything here – Mina already met her perfect pair.

 When they were in the car together for the first time Momo didn’t know what to do. Tzuyu was too beautiful. And beautiful usually meant rude. But when their eyes met, this thought forever died in Momo. Tzuyu’s eyes literally sparkled with kindness. Momo was in awe. She had never seen anything like that. She was even more impressed by the story Tzuyu told them in the café and her nice manners.

 “Tzuyu didn’t answer?”
 “I asked her to text me when they’re going to sleep but she’s still silent.”

 Momo smiled. Some guy on the TV slipped and hit the door, the loud noise making her jump a little. She got the remote controller and downed the volume. Sana was sleeping and they better not make too much noise.

 “She might be sleeping. Maybe she drank a lot.”
 “No.” Mina was fast to answer. “Tzuyu don’t drink much. She doesn’t like the taste.”

 This was explaining why she avoided drinking the evening they were all meeting. Jihyo made an assumption the other day that Tzuyu was afraid to show herself in the bad light – drunk and inappropriate. Maybe, Momo needs to mention it to their friends someday to earn more points for Mina’s girlfriend.

 They were enjoying the new TV show, not tired at all, when Mina’s phone vibrated. The girl quickly got it from the coffee table and smiled. She opened the text that said ‘The girls passed out.’ Then she received a photo of sleeping Chaeyoung on Tzuyu’s bed with opened. Mina chuckled. ‘Go to bed. I love you.’ The next text said. Mina sent the reply and put the phone down.

 “You happy now?” Momo asked, watching her friend the whole time.
 “Almost.”