When Nayeon can’t wait.

Ordinary life of the university students.

 It happened next week. Mina was super happy as her girlfriend was around most of the times but every time girls asked her to introduce them, she would get all shy and worried. Nayeon never was the one with great patience and she didn’t like to be ignorant about something that felt important. She had enough of constant waiting and decided to find out who’s Mina’s girlfriend is herself.

 From Momo she heard that the mysterious girl’s name was Tzuyu. Not a very common name at their place, so to find her must be easy. She was a freshman, which made the circle of candidates less and less. And most important thing was that she is a med student. That was everything Nayeon needed to have. She also saw a picture of that Tzuyu girl – very pretty indeed. Nayeon would even say that Tzuyu is a little bit prettier than she is herself. But just a little.

 All she needed was to use her connections and know the schedule of Tzuyu’s group to accidently fell in her arms and when to talk to her. After that, she planned to use the excuse to get the girl to eat lunch with her. And finally, bring her to their table and see everyone thanking her.

 But it was easier said than done.

 The first person she thought of contacting was Nami, the only student from the medical department she knew. Nami was just as much of a gossip girl as Nayeon so it didn’t take much time for them to meet and talk.

 “So, you know the pretty thing called Tzuyu?” Nayeon spoke straight on the matter.
 “May-be I do.” Nami teased, purposely speaking mysteriously.

 Nayeon mentally rolled her eyes. She was already annoyed and impatient, why someone wanted to joke with her more?

 “I know you do. Nerds were not shutting up about her.”

 Nami clicked her tongue, hearing how medical students were referred in Nayeon speech. But she didn’t come here to fight over something stupid.

 “Okay. Then you must be also aware of the fact that she’s not available.”
 “I know. She has a … Well, lover.”
 “Why do you want her then?”

 Nayeon tapped on her chin thinking of the excuse. She couldn’t say that one of her friends is dating Tzuyu and that friend is embarrassed to introduce them, so Nayeon has to take everything into her own huge hands.

 “Just want to see if she’s really that beautiful.”
 “Oh, she and her friends are goddesses. Boys are practically passing out every time they see them.”
 “Her friends?”
 “Yes. Two of them are from the art dep. The other one is also taking med.”

 This information could also be helpful. If they indeed that beautiful, maybe Mina would introduce them too and Nayeon could date one of them.

 “So, do you know where I can meet them?”
 “Usually, they hang out outside, near arts. But…”
 “And what about Tzuyu? Do you know her schedule or anything?”

 Nami put her hand on a chest and raised eyebrows as if she was offended.

 “Do you think I’m some kind of stalker or what?”
 “I was just asking.”
 “Okay. Usually, freshmen will have general courses and they are going at the same time. So I think they are still on campus and their lecture will end in 24 minutes.”

 Nayeon looked at her watch and jumped. That was a perfect chance.

 “That’s my girl. Thanks.”

 She gave a quick hug to the girl and fast-walked to the building Nami told her about. While going, Nayeon’s head was filled with ideas and plans to get Tzuyu’s attention. She didn’t want to act as if she was romantically interested in her, Mina would kill her for this, but she also thought it would be strange if she randomly says ‘Hi, I’m your girlfriend’s friend’.

 The medical building was the farthest of all. It was sponsored by the nearby hospital and students were undergoing practice there. Thanks to this cooperation sometimes university students were working in the hospital dealing with minor cases.

 Nayeon came to the building just in time. The lesson was over and students started to head home or somewhere else. The girl stood right before the stairs, getting the attention of the ones that knew her but most of the students just passed her like it was nothing. Luckily, she didn’t wait for too long. She noticed someone similar-looking opening the door and going outside. She stared at the girl to confirm before everything clicked as someone called for her.

 Tzuyu was indeed super beautiful. No photo that she saw could accurately reflect the way she shined. She was taller than Nayeon expected and had warm eyes and a fit body. She smiled as some students called for her and slightly bowed at them. Somehow her aura was all glittering as she spoke and laughed at the things they discussed. Nayeon paid extra attention to that company and in particular, the girl that watched Tzuyu with heart eyes. She must definitely say something to Mina about that. Maybe, her girlfriend shouldn’t be so friendly with everyone.

 The girls spoke a little before leaving and Tzuyu fished her phone, still not ready to go anywhere. She was in the process of texting when someone jumped on her and Nayeon widen her eyes seeing how easily the taller one caught the culprit that jumped at her back and supported their weight. She looked back at the long-haired blonde and rolling her eyes straightened back. The stranger got down and bumped Tzuyu in the shoulder all smiley and happy.

 Nayeon slightly panicked as they slowly were going her way. She held tightly to her purse and stood in the most normal pose she could ever manage.

 “All these general studies are boring. I fell asleep twice. TWICE. Without even trying.”
 “But it’s also important.”
 “Oh, excuse me, I forgot. I won’t survive without knowing what king started the N’s war, right?”

 Tzuyu glared at her friend for being sarcastic and put her phone in the bag.

 “Actually, they just want…”

 And it’s time for Nayeon’s acting.

 Tzuyu forgot to close as she saw something mint-colored with the corner of her eyes. She saw it speeding and flying right in front of her face. The object almost got her but Jeongyeon wasn’t as lucky. The heavy thing bumped right in her face and with a loud noise flapped on the ground. Jeongyeon stepped back, holding on to her nose and groaning. Tzuyu stood confused, not sure what happened.

 After the shock she rushed to her friend, trying to see if there was blood. Jeongyeon still stood covering her face with hands and mattering something.

 “Oh my god, I’m so sorry. My purse slipped from my hand.”

 A feminine voice reached their ears and soon a girl came to them acting cute. Tzuyu still couldn’t grasp a hold over the situation and the girl’s fake worry didn’t help. The stranger squatted to lift the purse and raised eyebrows as if they had to tell her something.

 “How the it could slip like that?” Jeongyeon screamed. “You were definitely trying to kill me, .”
 “Jeongyeon, please, language.”

 Tzuyu saw blood and wanted this girl to leave as soon as possible then she’ll treat the injury.

 “Excuse me, who are you for me to waste my time? I said it slipped from my hand.”

 And all the niceness were gone. Probably, the insult pissed her off and now she was standing there red from screaming and pointing the dangerous flying purse in her hand.

 “Careful, miss, in case your purse will SLIP again.”

 Jeongyeon mocked, being annoyed by the pain, the situation, the strange but beautiful woman that ruined her day.

 “You know what? I was nice enough to…”

 Tzuyu cleared loudly and turned to the stranger. Her serious gaze made Nayeon silent and she even felt guilty.

 “Please, you can bicker anytime but first, let me treat the injury.”
 “I’m sorry.”

 Nayeon lowered her head. Tzuyu turned to her friend and grassed her hand for her to let go. Jeongyeon did and noticed the red substance on her palm. She whined over the fact that her nose was bleeding. Tzuyu carefully touched the bridge and pinched it slightly. She wasn’t professional in this sphere but she could definitely tell that it was not broken. But the blood was streaming and she looked around to find something to wipe the blood. Suddenly the handkerchief appeared in front of her. The girl who caused all the mess stood near. She wasn’t facing them and looked to the side but it was still obvious she has the slightest blush on the cheeks. Tzuyu took the offered material and wiped the blood, putting a clean side to her friend’s nose.

 “I’ll go get something cold, wait up.”

 Nayeon watched as Tzuyu sped up away from them. Perfect start, Nayeon. Not only she didn’t come up with any plan but also decided to throw a purse at her friend’s girlfriend. And the most terrible part – she missed and almost got her friend knocked out. Perfect.

 “Are you okay?” She asked the girl.
 “Yeah. You know, if you wanted to flirt with Tzuyu, better just approach and not throw stuff at people.”

 The older one blushed and shake head and hands in front of her face.

 “Oh, no-no. I didn’t have any intentions to flirt.”
 “But you wanted to get her attention, isn’t it?”

 That was true but Nayeon didn’t want Tzuyu’s friend to get the wrong idea about that. She bit her lip trying to think of how to respond.

 “I-I just wanted to be friends, that’s it.”
 “Not the best way to make friends.”

 They both looked at each other. Only now Nayeon could properly see her face. Even if it was covered with a cloth. The blonde one was taller than her, her eyes were almost like one of the foxes. Nayeon was struck for a while before they both suddenly laughed without any reason. And her annoying laugh sounded so peaceful and familiar.

 “I’m Nayeon.”

 The girl studied her for a few seconds with a very stern gaze before smiling. Unfortunately, Nayeon couldn’t see her beautiful smile but she saw the corner of her lips lifting.

 “Yoo Jeongyeon.”

 They both chuckled. Jeongyeon got cloth from her face and looked at the red spots on it. She whined. Nayeon rushed closer to examine the nose and make the girl put it close to her face again.

 “I’m sorry for that.”

 Nayeon took the handkerchief and tapped it around Jeongyeon’s nose. She felt her face warming up as the other girl stared at her with interest.

 “Here. Put it on the nose.”

 They almost jumped at the meter distance from each other. Tzuyu glanced at them with a weirded look then turned to her friend. Jeongyeon’s nose was still red but the bleeding stopped and her mood seemed to be back to normal.

 “Okay, let me drive you home.”

 Tzuyu grabbed their bags. She saw the two girls bidding goodbyes to each other. Smiling she turned to Nayeon and nodded at her. The two friends were heading to the parking and Nayeon stood watching them, completely forgetting why she even came here and why the incident happened. For some reasons, she felt light and happy about everything. She confirmed that Tzuyu was actually a very nice girl and deserved to be trusted and she definitely noted that the med department got the prettiest newbies this year. She just hoped Mina would introduce them soon, so Nayeon could ask for Jeongyeon’s phone number.