A date for two.

Ordinary life of the university students.

 Mina was able to avoid most of the questions, still deciding to keep her marriage news a secret to not freak out the girls completely.  She felt happy enough that they accepted the confession without being offended by her lie, even though she would rather call it an unsaid statement. Their table rambled the whole time, food forgotten and all attention on her – very unusual for them.

 Now as she was in the peace of her room, stuck in front of her wardrobe with a complicated decision of what to wear her head was only filled with the thoughts of what Tzuyu would like to see on her. Ever since her departure to the university Mina felt like they were slowly drifting apart – they couldn’t see each other on the daily basis and the phone calls once a day couldn’t save the situation. The girl was terrified on her way home during the winter break – scared that Tzuyu will announce their break up. But it seemed like their love overcame this stage of doubts and frightens. Now she was sure that Tzuyu is absolutely stuck with her forever.

 “I think the red one is perfect. You look y in it.”

 Mina chuckled and placed the dress over her body considering the suggestion. Her roommate flopped on the bed and stared at her with sparkles in her eyes.

 “It so new to see you getting ready for a date.”

 Sana was literally like a big protective sister for her and it was understandable that she was worried. Her little Mina would leave to go on the date with a suddenly appeared girlfriend, whom Sana only saw on the phone screen.

 “I’m so happy.” Mina’s smile grew.
 “Gosh, you’re so cute.”

 Mina chuckled and proceeded to match the dress with shoes and looking at herself in the mirror. Her make up was done – light and girly, just as Tzuyu liked and her middle length hair was well brushed and covered up the shoulders.

 Sana giggled at her as the girl was nodding to herself pursing the lips and having a serious look. Usual lazy Mina would wear baggy clothes and stay in bed in the evening was replaced by today’s version who was getting ready for a date, like it was her first one. Which made Sana wonder if her partner even took Mina on a date before and how it was going.

 “Hm… You better choose a nice pair of underwear as well.”

 She said seriously while observing the later reaction. Mina flushed red and hurried to turn away as an excuse to put all necessaries in the bag. Sana laughed uncontrollably. More out of amusement than anything. She dropped on the younger’s bed holding to the stomach and sighed. Mina was so cute being all embarrassed and trying to hide it.

 “I’m going to call a taxi.”

 Mina announced soon.

 “Hm, is your partner so bad and won’t even get you?”

 Sana was okay with Mina dating some stranger chick but that girl has to treat her best friends properly and for now, she wasn’t doing much to reassure Sana that she was capable of that.

 “That’s fine. I offered her this solution since she finished meeting latter.”

 The girls moved to the living room and sat on the couch waiting for the app to make a signal that the car is coming. Sana couldn’t help but admire the other girl. She had never seen Mina like this and it brought light to her other charms that no one knew.

 The car was just two minutes away and Mina got up to put on the shoes and get moving.

 “Wait.”

 Sana stopped her and snapped few photos.

 “To the descendants.”

 She flashed a happy smile waving her phone in the air and ushered Mina to go.

 “I think we don’t need to expect you today?” One more teasing smile.
 “Don’t.”

 ****

 The fancy restaurant that Tzuyu reserved a table in was crowded. Not a single table was empty. But luckily Tzuyu knew her better and asked for a place in a more calm area. As Mina went in, the nice-dressed man checked the reservation and asked her to follow him. She was led to the round table near the window that had a view of the river and a beautifully lighted park. He put a menu in front of the girl and left. Just a few people sat near, most of them are couples that didn’t even notice her appearance. She noticed two men further that were holding hands and smiled at the sight.

 Tzuyu came in four minutes after, she approached her with a smile and took her hand gently kissing on the cheek. It was the first time they finally met face to face and not through video or phone talking. The younger one smile brighten up the whole place and Mina couldn’t tear eyes from her, grinning ear to ear.

 Tzuyu looked stunning in her black dress that Mina had never seen before. Her face so familiar and missed that Mina just wanted to kiss her right there in front of everyone. The younger girl sat on her seat and stretched her arm to hold Mina’s hand that was on the table. The moment felt so special and needed as they met for the first time in ages. Their eyes were studying each other and the relaxed smile on Tzuyu’s face showed how happy she was.

 “Excuse me, are you ready to order?”

 They jumped slightly when the waiter interrupted the, from admiring one another. He innocently smiled holding the tab in hands and waiting for someone to reply.

 “Yes, please, I’ll have….”

 Mina watched as Tzuyu was flipping the menu, eyes running on the pages to choose the appropriate dish. While she was taking her time, the older one decided to save her girlfriend and order food for herself. Then Tzuyu was done as well.

 “You look amazing, dear.”

 Tzuyu said, holding her hand again and squeezing a little. They didn’t care about being exposed or looked at. The two lovers haven’t seen each other for a while and the thought of being together sharing intimacy and just feeling touches and the burning cheeks, roaming eyes on the exposed skin, tender fingers in a warm palm were making them crazy. Mina felt like her chest had been filling with something warm.

 “Stop staring.”

 She averted eyes to the side, embarrassed at the intense attention she got from her girlfriend. Tzuyu chuckled but never took eyes off her face. Her fingers locked with Mina’s, thumb brushing the skin in a ticklish way.

 “I cannot.”

 Tzuyu whispered and the husky low voice sent shivers running down Mina’s body. She raised eyes and met a longing look of the hazel eyes staring back at her. The tension hung in the air as if they could snap any second and rushed in each other embrace, lips locking and not caring about people’s judgment. Is it what love feels like? Is it how missing someone feels like?

 “Excuse me, for keeping you wait.”

 The waiter came back with drinks and dishes. He smiled at the two awkward girls that broke the grip of their hands and went red the same second. They looked adorable in his eyes trying to hide the embarrassment. He placed the order on the table, put the glass of wine before Mina and the water to Tzuyu. After the girls thanked him, he pushed his tray, giving them privacy again.

 “Aunty said that your father gifted you a car.” Mina smiled.
 “Yes. We never spoke about this but he suddenly suggested to get a driving license in advance in case I’d like to get a car. Then after the graduation ceremony, we had a family dinner and he just passed me the keys.”
 “Your dad loves you too much.”
 “Who wouldn’t?”

 A cheeky smile appeared on her face and they both laughed at the joke.

 “How did your friends react?”
 “Oh, they were surprised. I said that we’re dating, nothing about marriage. I think they would freak out if I mention that as well.”
 “You still need to announce it one day. Chaeyoung and Dahyun would keep it in secret if you want but you know their stupid asses. They will eventually spill the tea.”

 Mina giggled. She was happy that Tzuyu’s friends were able to get into the same university as them. The wine was slowly getting less and the food was almost finished but the two of them still spoke and didn’t want to get moving.

 “Would you like to have a stroll around?” Tzuyu suggested as she checked the time.
 “I told my roommate that I might not return home tonight.” She blushed looking down. “I thought maybe you need help with unpacking.”

 Tzuyu bit her lip trying to keep a teasing smile. Her face became soft.

 “I want you to stay as well, love. But we still have time. So, would you like to walk a little?”

 Mina felt her cheeks burning. She finished her wine and got up.

 “I- Yes. I just need to go to the restroom.”

 She hurriedly went away, making Tzuyu’s heart to pick up the speed and eyes following the perfect lady in an amazing dress. Then she chuckled to herself and called the waiter to bring the bill.

 When Mina returned to the table, Tzuyu gave her a smile. She announced that she paid for the dinner and was ready to leave, so as they picked up their stuff and headed to the exit, it was quite natural when their fingers locked again.

 The restaurant was located just near the beautiful park, a part of the river surrounded complex. The two didn’t think twice about having a walk there. The cool breeze kissing their skin and the young moon watched on them from above, admiring the beautiful love two girlfriends share. Strangers were passing by, paying them no attention and the girls felt much relaxed finally able to be closer to each other without a table to separate them.

 “Seoul is beautiful.” Tzuyu heaved a sigh.
 “It’s not much different from N city. Just larger and lively.” Mina said remembering her hometown.
 “It beautiful wherever you are.”

 Mina chuckled feeling her cheeks tingling and becoming red.

 “You’re such a sweet-talker.”
 “Only with you, honey.”

 Tzuyu gently lifted their hands and planted a long tender kiss on the back of the older one hand, eyes staring at Mina the whole time. Poor girl almost had a heart attack and quickly looked the other way to calm down the storm in her head and chest. Tzuyu only smirked to herself enjoying the embarrassment of her lover and her effect on Mina.

 They walked and explored for almost an hour and the night wind was already too cool for them to continue. Being highschoolers they would just snuggle closer to each other and stay longer but neither of them wanted to get cold just at the beginning of new semester, so the two walked back to where Tzuyu’s car was parked and made heir way to Tzuyu’s apartment.

 “Can’t believe you got the driving license before me.” Mina pouted slightly, being comfortable in the passenger seat.
 “He-he.”
 “Still, the car is nice. I’m proud of you.” She smiled, then the idea popped in her head. “This means that you can drive me around, right?”

 She wanted to trick Tzuyu but her loving smile and the ‘everything for my baby’ got Mina instead. She was forced looking in the window for more than three minutes before turning back.

 “It’s a deal.”

 They arrived at the building soon and Mina noted that the place is actually pretty nice. Tzuyu’s parents loved the girl too much to leave her staying in the dormitory. She was their pride and hope at the end of the day.

 The security man bowed at them and Tzuyu introduced them, informing the guy that Mina will be a frequent guest. The couple went to the lift and got on the 11th floor.

 Mina was actually impressed with how big and messy the place was. The apartment had a kitchen area, living room and two bedrooms. In the living room boxes were piling on each other and other things still in the wrapper were put in every corner. She couldn’t blame Tzuyu on that. She just arrived yesterday and didn’t have much time today, so it was fine for now but Mina sure made a mental note to help her girlfriend with unpacking.

 Tzuyu made her way through the mess and approached some boxes. She looked back to the older one and grinned.

 “Wanna take my clothes?”
 “Yes, please.”

 She expected the brunette to make a joke over it considering how often Mina stole clothes and never returned back, but she just silently pulled oversized long polo and brought it to Mina with a towel and loving glint in the eyes.

 It wasn’t difficult to find the way in the place and embarrassed that she didn’t know how to lock the door from unexpected intrusion, Mina hurried to get in the shower as soon as possible. She trusted her lover enough to not do anything that would make any of them uncomfortable but still self-consciousness prevented her from being confident enough.

 When finished, she used the fan that was placed near the sink and dried her hair. She couldn’t control her smile sensing that she smelt just like Tzuyu and her polo that warmly wrapped her was making everything much comfortable. Soon she went out and found Tzuyu in one of the bedrooms, preparing the bed for them.

 “I’m done.”

 Tzuyu turned in her direction and dropped the pillows to come up. She wrapped Mina in her embrace and nuzzled in the crook of her neck, inhaling the fresh scent. The older girl blushed but returned the hug and Tzuyu on the back.

 “You smell so nice, love.”
 “That’s your shampoo.”
 “I know.”

 They stayed like this for a while finally unwatched and being able to express their love freely. Mina liked the feeling of Tzuyu’s hands on herself, sometimes it was bringing her courage to do things, sometimes it was bringing peace in her heart, sometimes it burnt her skin. But she loved any effect this girl had on her. She turned slightly to the side, removing Tzuyu’s hair with her fingers and leaving a kiss on the side of her neck, giggling at how the younger one trembled.

 To her surprise, Tzuyu pulled away and stared at Mina intensively, as like studying her action. Mina became red and lowered her gaze to the floor. She gulped when Tzuyu stepped closer and cupped her cheek using one hand. She raised Mina’s head slightly, returning their eye contact. Her soft eyes and smile calmed down all the worries and Mina closed her eyes anticipating. She heard a barely audible chuckle before her lips were covered in an innocent kiss.

 Butterflies erupted in her stomach and an embarrassing yelp left when Tzuyu’s other hand brushed her waist to grasp behind her back and pulled her closer. She was still barely experienced in things like that and trusted all on her lover, just following her lead.

 When they pulled apart and Tzuyu rested her forehead on Mina’s, the older’s lips were burning. She knew Tzuyu was capable of much more and their brushing of lips could seem too child-like, but Tzuyu was thinking about Mina being comfortable and didn’t want to step over the line.

 “Love you, my penguin.”