Making this place home.

Ordinary life of the university students.

 Mina was in bed awake for at least ten minutes. It was still early to wake up but she was afraid to even move. An angel in front of her silently slept, her breathing steady and face relaxed. Her strong arm finding place on Mina’s waist and their legs tangled under the sheets. It wasn’t a foreign sight for the older one but it left her speechless every time. It was kind of hard to imagine them together a few years ago and maybe if not a weird coincidence Mina would never find her place so easily.

 She stared at the goddess for a while now, finally summoning up enough courage to the girl’s hair and skip closer. They felt so comfortable together, sure Tzuyu can to the level she will boil from embarrassment but their relationship was going smooth and strong and the previous terrify from the fact that they got married so hastily was completely gone.

 Mina would never admit that she was hundred per cent sure they were perfect to each other, they had some different points and opinions, they had their own arguments and misunderstandings but over time the couple learnt how to accept each other and balance their life. This will be a new chapter in their life where they won’t be constantly under the watchful eyes of their parents, where new people will enter their surroundings, where they will find new goals. But Mina was ready for it and she was sure the two of them can manage and learn from this.

 She froze when Tzuyu shifted a little and opened her eyes for a mere second before smiling wide. She groaned taking a comfortable position and pulling Mina in her embrace.

 “Good morning, beautiful.”

 Her husky low voice entertained Mina. She chuckled and left a peck on Tzuyu’s cheek putting her head on the girl’s shoulder and snuggling to her warm body.

 “Do we still have time?”
 “I thought your classes are after lunch.”
 “Yeah, but I want to drop you off today.”

 Mina lifted her head up and smiled at Tzuyu still laying with eyes closed.

 “Why? You afraid someone would steal me?” She teased.
 “I just want my wifey to have a comfortable ride.”

 Mina blushed. They didn’t often call each other like that, especially to the public, but it seemed like Tzuyu was in a good mood today.

 “Then we can stay in bed for 10 more minutes.”
 “Nice.”

 The silence was comfortable and the slightest noises of the city were entering the room from the opened window. Mina was tracing letters on Tzuyu’s night shirt, not really feeling sleepy but not wanting to leave the bed yet. She wasn’t sure whether Tzuyu fell asleep again or was just relaxing but she didn’t want to interrupt her.

 When Mina’s phone biped she lazily stretched to turn it off and confirming the time finally decided to leave the warmth and softness and prepare herself. Tzuyu sighed.

 “Well, 10 minutes went too fast.”

 She got up and said that she will go to the bathroom first. Mina nodded and went into the living room in search of something appropriate to wear from Tzuyu’s clothes. She would never return it but Tzuyu never complained about this.

 Going to the kitchen area, Mina noticed that she didn’t even spare it a glance yesterday, but it was completely different from the one she had with her roommates. A bar table divided the living room and the cooking area and it had more space, something she liked. Sana and Momo would usually snick around to steal food and bother her every time she wanted to cook something and she was constantly bumping in something. Here she thought she can even dance freely.

 She opened the fridge but found it is almost empty. Well, not surprising since Tzuyu just moved in recently. She roamed inside thinking hard of a good breakfast and just went with something simple that can fill them up until lunch.

 Tzuyu went out of the shower just in time for breakfast. Her hair was dried and smelt nice, she put on the simple outfit that Mina always loved on her and happily skipped to join Mina at the table. The eating took them some time since they were talking and laughing but they still had time to spare.

 “Do you have a lot of classes?” Mina asked when Tzuyu started washing the dishes.
 “No, just three. I’ll be over it until 3, why?”
 “I just thought that maybe you wanted my help with unpacking.”

 Tzuyu turned with a smirk.

 “Just be honest with yourself and say that you want my time.”
 “Well, that too.” Mina fired back. “I want to spend lots of time with my cute, beautiful wife.”

 It had the effect since the youngest went silent and finished the washing, trying not to face Mina, who was grinning ear to ear, she went to the bedroom.

 “Gonna fetch my stuff and we can move.”

 Embarrassed Tzuyu is the cutest Tzuyu.

 The road was a little busy and Tzuyu was driving slow, not used to the roads and the busy city. The radio was playing popular songs but none of them paid them any attention, concentrating on the road and GPS.

 “I need to call Momo, maybe she can get my stuff down, so we won’t waste more time.”
 “That would be nice.”

 Roaming in her purse, Mina fished out the phone and searched for her friend’s name. She knew Sana wasn’t the option. The girl didn’t have the first period and was probably dead asleep. Momo picked up fast but her voice was wide awake and worried.

 “Momorin, you awake?”
 “Mitang, you need something? I’m late for the bus and probably to the class, so can you be fast?”
 “I just thought that maybe you can help me with my stuff.”
 “You have the first period? You know, that we’ll be late?”
 “My-my girlfriend is driving me there.” She glanced at Tzuyu hesitantly. “Maybe we can fetch you as well?”

 The question was more addressed to the driver and getting it, she just nodded with a warm smile.

 “Yes, we can. We’ll be in front of the building in around 6 minutes, can you get my stuff and get down?”
 “Sure, that would be perfect.”

 Mina felt nervous now. None of her friends knew Tzuyu but Momo was the most normal of all of them and probably the best choice. She wasn’t afraid to introduce Tzuyu, her girlfriend was the best and softest human being and eventually, Mina knew for sure that her friends would love her as well. But she was rather worried about her friends' behavior and words. Nayeon and Sana were uncontrolled in situations like that and Mina knew for sure she won’t be able to handle their teasing in front of her lover.

 She glanced at Tzuyu being calm and unbothered, holding onto the steering wheel and looking cool. Mina felt warm and relaxed at the same second when she saw her girlfriend. Okay, nothing to worry about.

 When they were approaching the building, Mina already saw Momo awkwardly standing and looking for any movement. She squinted her eyes a little in an attempt to recognize Mina in the passenger seat and giggling Mina waved at her. Momo hurriedly ran to the car. She opened the door and took a seat at the back.

 “You saved me today.” She said when the seatbelt was tightened and the car moved.

 Mina turned to her and noticed her friend studying Tzuyu carefully. She smiled.

 “Momorin, this is Tzuyu, my g-girlfriend.”

 She felt the way her cheeks went red as Momo averted eyes on her, listening attentively.

 “Tzuyu, it’s one of my roommates and friends – Momo.”
 “Nice to meet you, Momo-ssi.”

 Tzuyu was nice as always. She politely bowed looking in the rear mirror and focused on the road again. Momo seemed to be stuck in her own world since she kept quiet for a few seconds and then shyly bowed back.

 “N-nice to meet you.”

 To ease the awkwardness and to not let Momo feel like a third wheel, Mina started a conversation about their activities today. Tzuyu just kept quiet, barely joining the conversation and looked in front of her on the road. But Mina knew that she listened to them carefully. The parking lot was as usual full and Tzuyu turned to the main gate.

 “I’ll stop there, you can hurry to the classes.”
 “Thank you.”

 Soon the car stopped and Momo thanked Tzuyu again before leaving. Mina turned to her girlfriend catching a cheering smile and she leaned in to steal a brief kiss before getting out. She watched as the car moved and went after Momo.

 At the lunch break, she was squeezed between Jihyo and Sana. She actually wanted to join Tzuyu and her friends but found out that she didn’t have much time to run to the canteen on the other side of the campus.

 She sulked while munching on the food and listening to the girls. Right now they were talking about the new young professor who was dating the assistant in another department. Rumors already spreading farther than that and claiming that they were married and had three children. Impossible.

 “Mina didn’t come home yesterday.”

 Sana remarked watching for the younger reaction. Mina lifted her eyes and met the challenge. The girls cheered.

 “Had a great night, Mi-na-rin.” Nayeon teased.

 Mina left the teasing unanswered and then Momo spoke.

 “Actually, her girlfriend super beautiful. I was surprised.”
 “What? Did you see her?”
 “Yeah, they dropped me off to school.”

 Sana threw her offended look.

 “Unfair. I was supposed to be the first one to be introduced to her.”
 “You? Why? I’m the oldest.” Nayeon pointed to herself.
 “She would run away if meeting you two at the same time.” Jihyo concluded tiredly and turned to Mina. “So, how long have you been dating?”

 Mina hesitated to talk about it. She wasn’t the person who will feel comfortable discussing her relationships. She played with her food before answering.

 “Around three years.”
 “Wow. So back in high school?”
 “Yes.”
 “Well, I’m sure that you won’t choose just some random person. But we still hope to see mysterious Tzuyu.”

 Mina was thankful to Jihyo and smiled in answer. The rest of the lunch went well with conversations and silly bickering.

 By 13 she was completely free and went home with Momo, others still having classes and other plans. They took a bus and safely arrived home in thirty minutes. On the way home the two went into the supermarket to get some food. Out of three of them, Sana was the one who had a part-time job and the other two just used parents money. Not the worst, if you a student and you want to get everything from the student life. In fact, Momo offered her dad to just pay for the rent and she can find a job for her own expenses but he strictly refused. Some dads love their daughters too much. Mina was having her money from different web jobs that she was offered. And from testing games, the hobby she had since school. But her parents still send her money every week.

 In the apartment, they cooked pasta and ate it in no time while watching the TV show and relaxing after the tiresome day. Mina texted Tzuyu about the unpacking and the younger offered to pick Mina up around 3.30. Telling Momo about her plans she went to her room to pack some textbooks to do homework and other nessesarities.

 They were hanging in front of the TV waiting for the time to pass. Momo kept whining about her research papers while Mina tried to finish the work professor gave her. She felt weird in a positive way. For the whole year, it was such a torture to stay indoors and only dreaming about the next time she’ll be able to meet her girlfriend. Now Tzuyu was just a few blocks away from her and Mina never felt so happy. Sana probably will be surprised as well, not seeing Mina in the apartment again. Homebody Mina finally went out. She can already imagine the fuss in their group chat.

 Momo nudged her side and pointed out on her phone screen. Time – 15:28. Mina stood up, thanking her friend. She stuffed all the books in her backpack and checked herself in the mirror.

 “Have fun, Minari.” Momo called.
 “Thanks. Call if you need something.”

 She went out and closed the door. Happily skipping to the lift Mina’s phone vibrated. She fished it out to see the text from Tzuyu. She answered it while going inside and pressing the number 1.

 Outside Mina hurried to find the car. Tzuyu probably stopped on the road to not occupy parking space, but spotting the unfamiliar car was harder. She went along the road and finally saw a car that looked like Tzuyu’s. She went closer and seeing the warm smile her girlfriend gave her, chuckled and got in.

 “How was your day?” She asked, tying the seatbelt.
 “It went fine. People kept staring, so it was awkward in the canteen.”
 “It’s because you’re so pretty.”

 Tzuyu smiled.

 “Maybe. I thought it was because Dahyun and Jeongyeon were too loud doing weird stuff.”
 “Well maybe that too.” Mina chuckled. “When can I meet them? Haven’t seen them for so long.”

 Tzuyu didn’t answer immediately, focused on the busy road and traffic. She made sure it was save to make a turn and after the road went stable again, spoke.

 “You can do that anytime. Do you have time to join us at lunch or maybe after classes?”

 The older one hummed. She took her phone to check the schedule and after a quick analysis, smiled.

 “I actually think I can. I’ll have the class just in the building near.”
 “Perfect.”

 Soon they arrived at Tzuyu’s place and surprisingly easily parked. Tzuyu took their bags and grabbed Mina’s hand when they walked. Today they decided to order food instead of taking time on shopping and cooking. The couple went inside the building and reached Tzuyu’s apartment door.

 Inside the same mess was present. Mina took her shoes off and looked around to measure the amount of work they need to do.

 “It’s okay if we just unpack a few boxes. I’ll do it myself in the next 5 days.” Tzuyu said.
 “But it must be inconvenient searching for things.”

 The taller girl went closer and hugged Mina from behind resting her chin on Mina’s shoulder and tightly securing hands on the waist. She was warm and familiar with her scents and gestures. Mina relaxed in the embrace and traced Tzuyu’s arms with her hands.

 “I don’t want you to overwork yourself because of such a silly matter.”

 Tzuyu whispered in her ear and nuzzled in the crook of the neck, gently kissing the skin. Mina heaved a sigh, on reflex giving more space to her girlfriend. Tzuyu brushed her lips over the skin more before suddenly attacking the relaxed girl with tickling. Mina gasped from the shock and tried to jump away but she wasn’t really fast enough. Soon the two were running in the living room – Mina doing her best to avoid the tickling and Tzuyu ready to continue the attack. They laughed and fought, completely forgetting about the boxes that waited to be emptied.

 When they were finally done Mina was lying breathless on the couch, searching for the food on phone and Tzuyu sat by her side grinning. The dinner was ordered and they looked at each other. Tzuyu’s eyes went soft again and she leaned down to kiss Mina on the lips.

 “Let’s make this place home.”