It’s not over till everyone passed out.

Ordinary life of the university students.

 Mina knew Tzuyu wasn’t fond of drinking much. She always tried to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid drinking, though for a person who rarely drinks she had a high tolerance as well. So when Nayeon’s plan of getting Tzuyu drank and get all her secrets was a fail, she decided to direct all her attention to the person beside her.

 The girls were getting pretty good with each other. They were talking about life and families, sharing funny stories about their friends and Mina couldn’t be happier. She was leaning toward Tzuyu as her head was throbbing a little. The taller girl caressed her hand holding it gently while talking. She glanced at Mina when she chuckled and smiled a little.

 She could sense her girlfriend being tipsy with all the drinks she had. A loopy side smile formed on her face as she rested her head on Tzuyu’s shoulder. The sweet alcohol smell coming from her and the way her eyes were getting sleepy. Someone had enough for today.

 “Do you want to have a walk?” Tzuyu leaned closer and asked.

 Mina smile grew and she kissed her girl on the cheek, earning a gasp from Sana that sat nearby.

 “Mina, calm down.”

 Other girls looked at them, but seeing Mina being completely drunk didn’t pay them attention. Momo was passed out on the couch. She got there after the games were over to have a comfortable seat, but the next minute Nayeon laughed saying that the girl if off. They took enough photos to embarrass her later and let her be.

 “I think we should head to sleep already.”

 Jihyo said. She was slowly getting tired and sleepy and seeing others eyes getting red, she thought that would be the right time to go to bed.

 “But it’s still only 2.”

 Nayeon was sober as ever. Or maybe she just wasn’t tired and received all the energy from the conversations. But she pouted when her friends tried to end the party.

 “I’m getting sleepy. You can still stay here but I’ll go and have some sleep. Or you want to carry all of us after all?”
 “No, you can go.”

 Tzuyu thought she must get Mina to bed as well. She could already hear her snoring to her ear. Sana suggested waking Momo up and Jihyo nodded to go upstairs and fall asleep first. Dahyun went after her, complaining that she needs to use the bathroom. Nayeon was fast to ask Jeongyeon if she wanted to see the garden and they left.

 Tzuyu carefully put Mina’s head of the pillow and got up. Her legs painfully prickled from sitting legs crossed for a long time. She stretched and caught the sight of Sana struggling with Momo. The girl wouldn’t even open her eyes. She glanced at Mina confirming that her position was comfortable enough to wait for a little.

 Making way through the pillows and empty bags of snacks, she approached Sana.

 “Need some help?”

 The girl got startled and let go of Momo’s arms that fell right on her face with a slap.

 “Oh, what about Mina?”
 “I’ll carry her after.”

 They both took the positions. Tzuyu grabbed Momo under the arms and Sana circled hands around her legs. Chaeyoung that still sat there fished her phone to snap a few photos. The girls huffed and both lifted the body at the same time. Momo wasn’t too heavy but to do it alone might be really hard. They struggled to get upstairs since Tzuyu was going backwards and Chaeyoung’s laughter wasn’t helping.

 “Make sure to send me this. I’ll get this girl to buy me lunch for a week.”

 Tzuyu chuckled at Sana’s words. They opened the first door and found the bed being already occupied with Jihyo laying in the star position as if saying ‘the bed is mine’. Tzuyu groaned and they moved to the second door. Here the bed was empty and the girls stomped inside.

 When Momo was in bed they both breathed out. Sana lifted her up a little and Tzuyu helped with the blanket.

 “Okay. I’ll help her to undress. You go carry your princess.” She teased, smiling from ear to ear.

 Tzuyu felt her cheeks getting warm and hurried to leave. In the living room, she found Dahyun and Chaeyoung whispering, probably planning to prank everyone in the morning. Tzuyu made a mental note to close the door or maybe wake up early. Mina was curled on the pillow quietly sleeping. Tzuyu almost cooed in front of her friends. She grabbed the bag that they both brought with the pyjamas in it and threw it over her shoulder. Mina was lighter, she always was, so Tzuyu carefully lifted her and held her tight in her arms.

 The sleepy one groaned nuzzling into Tzuyu and mumbling something. Tzuyu smiled and went to get upstairs in the empty room. She was extra careful to not bump her girlfriend into a wall or anything. On the second floor, she counted two doors and opened the third. It was empty, showing no sight of anyone. For some reason, she was scared to interrupt something.

 The bed was indeed super soft, so when she put Mina on it, the mattress almost swallowed her tiny body. Tzuyu grinned. She looked into the bag and took the set Mina prepared for herself. She made sure to dress her up fast, just admiring the beauty of her girl for a few minutes. She then made sure to remove all the makeup. When Mina was comfortable and tucked she took her favorite position. Tzuyu folded her clothes to put them on the chair. She would love to join her and fall asleep now, but her friends were still downstairs and the living room was a mess. She kissed her lover on the temple and went to the door.

 When she returned for the second time Dahyun was gone, probably washing up. Chaeyoung stayed on the floor with eyes studying the ceiling. She looked troubled, so Tzuyu sat beside her and patted the friend’s shoulder.

 “You okay?”
 “Tzu.” She smiled, then went serious again. “Do you think it’s strange to be attracted to a person from first sight?”

 The taller one looked over Chaeyoung’s face. Sometimes the girl would ask similar questions when she felt like having no inspiration. But she usually asked about whether butterflies consider themselves beautiful or what the rain drop sees. It was rare of her to ask about love.

 “It’s not strange. Beautiful people are always catching attention.”
 “So it’s only because the person is pretty.”
 “Well, you need to talk with each other more, open up and then you’ll know if it’s really something or just attraction.”
 “You right.”

 Tzuyu waited for more questions since her friend was still deep in thoughts but Chaeyoung kept silent. She smiled at her, curious if her best friend was finally interested in getting into relationships or unmotivated for artwork. Deciding that she will tell Tzuyu everything when it is time, she went to get trash bags and start the cleaning. She was throwing off the bottles, sorting them out of plastic and glass.

 “Do you think Jeongyeon will date that funny unnie?”
 “I think so.”
 “And you don’t think it’s stupid or strange?”
 “Why? She’s a grown-up girl. If she feels like dating Nayeon, then it’s fine.”
 “But she’s Mina’s friend.”
 “What do you mean?”

 Tzuyu looked at the smaller one and carefully studied her nervous face. At that time some ideas came into her head but she avoided spilling them out. When Chaeyoung is comfortable speaking about it, Tzuyu will definitely help.

 “Like what if they break up in the future. It’s gonna be supper uncomfortable, right?”
 “Maybe. But don’t you think it’s kind of unnecessary to care about the future? They feel great with each other now and will probably make a good couple, why would they care about the future when it’s still way ahead?”

 Chaeyoung frowned and stayed without movement for almost a minute. Then she sighted loudly and got up.

 “Right! Tzu-tzu, let me help you with this.”

 Thankfully they cleaned everything in no time and Tzuyu made sure to take the trash outside, so the house won’t smell like being soaked in alcohol for days. The night was fresh and quiet, the dark skies covered the city, a big moon shined upon her. Tzuyu suddenly felt the last drops of alcohol leaving her body and a nice cheerful feeling setting up all over her. She breathed in to the full capacity of her lungs and breathed out.

 When she returned back inside Chaeyoung was gone, however, the other couple sat on the couch talking.

 “Tzuyu, thank you for cleaning up. You really didn’t have to.” Nayeon said, getting up to cling to her side.
 “No, it’s fine. Can you please give me some pills? I bet the girls will be beaten up tomorrow.”

 Nayeon made a noise of realization and detached herself from Tzuyu. She swayed her way to the kitchen. Tzuyu locked eyes with her friend, wearing a teasing smile. Jeongyeon grinned squinting her eyes to know what’s the matter.

 “Did you like the garden?” Tzuyu asked, trying to be quiet. “I bet the moon was pretty.”

 Jeongyeon slightly blushed, her hand grasped the pillow by her side and it flew across the coffee table to hit Tzuyu in the face. Luckily, the taller one was fast to catch it. She laughed, throwing the weapon in the chair.

 Nayeon came up a minute later with pills and a glass of water. She announced that she left pills on the table for others. Tzuyu thanked her and teased them both by saying to go sleep and don’t flirt the whole night.

 She entered the room that she shared with Mina, previously checking on her two best friends to find them snoring on one bed. She placed the hangover set on the bedside cabinet and took the clothes. She wanted badly to wash up and already rest.

 The bathroom in the house was spacious and beautiful. Tzuyu was making a few notes in her head for the future. Who knows, maybe she’ll live in the same house one day? When she was done, the girl dressed up and dried her hair. She made more things before finally crawling in the bed and getting under the covers. Mina was asleep but her senses were telling her that her girlfriend was here, so she skipped closer, resting head on Tzuyu’s chest. The younger one chuckled. She played with Mina’s hair, trying to relax and fall asleep, but her previous conversation with Chaeyoung kept her awake.

 While everyone was in bed, the two oldest girls stayed in the living room, sharing stories and talking about nonsense. Nayeon was drunk. She felt herself being lightheaded but she was sure she didn’t have much of the alcohol since she wanted to stay sober in front of Jeongyeon. But the feeling that was wrapping her body was so pleasant, that she couldn’t think of any other explanation.

 They stayed there till early in the morning, meeting the sunrise together and then desperate to have at least a few hours of sleep, they parted. Nayeon went to sleep with Jihyo, pushing her to clear more space and Jeongyeon, the last one to fall asleep, had to use the couch in DubChaeng room, since the two were too cute to bother.

 And the party was over.

 

 

Don't forget to vote for your favorite side couple.