Meeting parents is way easier.

Ordinary life of the university students.

 Mina was fussing around the whole apartment, looking through Tzuyu’s clothes and tossing them back in the wardrobe or on the bed. Tzuyu dumbfounded sat in the chair and followed her girlfriend with a rather worried gaze. All the things that they accurately were stacking in the wardrobe a few days ago, now took the new shelves and spots. Well, Tzuyu didn’t mind it but she couldn’t understand why Mina was so stressed over Tzuyu’s introduction to her friends.

 For Tzuyu it wasn’t a big deal. She thought she was good enough to present herself as a serious person about their relationships and she would definitely treat Mina’s friends as her own. She doubted that she might seem inappropriate or rude or anything. But it seemed like Mina was still worried about something else.

 Tzuyu sighed and got up from her seat, getting closer to her girlfriend and getting her attention by wrapping arms around her waist and hugging the girl. Mina got surprised. She didn’t expect to be interrupted in this way. Her eyes found Tzuyu’s and their staring match continued for a few seconds before the older one smiled happily.

 “Hey.” Tzuyu whispered in her shoulder, still keeping eye contact.
 “Hey.”

 Mina answered in the same way, her body relaxing in the strong loving arms and other thoughts left her head.

 “Are you afraid? Do I look bad so you want to cover me in layers of clothes?”

 Tzuyu gently nuzzled Mina’s shoulder, her voice a bit offended and adorable pout pursing her lips. Mina felt a pang of pain piercing through her heart. She spun in her lover’s embrace and faced Tzuyu. Tender hands cupped the sides of the girl’s face and she gently kissed her pout away.

 “You’re the most beautiful creature in this world. I never feel afraid when I’m with you.”

 She kissed Tzuyu again and again, this time Tzuyu beating up on her and initiating a longer kiss, her hands running circles on Mina’s back and giving some sort of peacefulness.

 “I didn’t have lots of friends back home, but… These people are very special to me. I want them to like you.”
 “And I’ll do everything for them to do so.”

 Tzuyu grasped her hand. Mina’s heart fluttered as the serious eyes looked at her with reassurance. Tzuyu indeed could look mature when she needed to be. Mina never regrated she started dating this girl, she never doubted their parents wish for them to get married. This person in front of her was whom Mina wanted to see by her side every day.

 “You are my priority. I won’t jump higher than I can, but I promise, they won’t be disappointed in you.”

 The words sink deeper in her and Mina almost cried thinking of how important Tzuyu was for her and how important Tzuyu viewed Mina as well. She couldn’t make up a word to thank her, so just hugged the girl instead.

 Until the moment they were dressing up, Mina didn’t know where Tzuyu wanted to take them all. When Mina announced that she was ready to introduce them, the taller one took it on herself and came up with time and place. She didn’t want it to be noisy but also wanted the girls to have good food. She asked the seniors she already knew and was suggested going to the Korean restaurant. It had big private rooms that you can book and the food was fantastic. Tzuyu didn’t hesitate to go there herself to check the place and book a room there. She was sure the girls will like it.

 Mina texted the location to the girls and Nayeon, the biggest foodie, already pointed out that the restaurant is really great. They decided to get there using the car, and even if Tzuyu suggested picking up her roommates, the older girl wanted them to meet all together and not as it happened with Momo, so she refused.

 The ride was peaceful and feeling Tzuyu’s warm palm in her hand, Mina felt relaxed and happy. The weather was also perfect and for Saturday evening, Mina noted that not so many people were outside. Well, maybe it was because the time was still early for them to flood the streets.

 The restaurant was indeed nice. Decorated in wood it looked very Korean-style and the nice classical music that played inside somehow made it actually very pleasing and relaxing. When the polite girl led them to the room that was reserved Mina didn’t expect that it would so nice. The big table inside had exactly 6 chairs, the little hanger to leave the coats or purses there stood in the corner. The paintings that Mina had never seen before decorated the walls and a big window was directed on the street.

 “Would you like to order first?” The waitress asked, offering the menu.
 “Oh, you can leave it here. We still are waiting for our friends. We’ll order together.”

 While Mina was admiring the place, Tzuyu talked with the waitress and then hanged her purse. She chuckled at her girlfriend’s fascinated eyes. Stepping closer, she pulled her bag as well and put it aside. Mina watched her pulling the chair for her and the older one elegantly sat, giving Tzuyu a meaningful gaze and smile. Tzuyu landed near.

 “You sure it’s okay to get to a place as expensive?”
 “Don’t worry about that. I got money from my scholarship.”

 Mina still wasn’t sure but if Tzuyu was serious about something, you won’t be able to change her mind about it. She just let her head rest on Tzuyu’s shoulder feeling the tension rising in her. Tzuyu her head carefully.

 The sound of the door opening startled them a little. They raised eyes on the entrance and saw a waitress holding the door for new guests. Tzuyu got up to bow a little to the girls and when all of them were inside eyes stuck on Tzuyu, studying her from head to toe, she awkwardly looked at Mina.

 “Girls, this is Tzuyu. Tzuyu, it’s Sana, Jihyo, Nayeon and Momo.”
 “It’s nice to finally meet yo… Oh, Nayeon-unnie, You’re Mina’s friend?”
 “You know each other?” Mina was shocked.
 “It was an embarrassing incident with her friend. Nothing special.”

 Nayeon waved her hand and looked at Tzuyu raising eyebrows. The younger understood that it will be better to not mention it. The waitress brought more menus and waited for them to order first.

 Mina found it funny as the girls were arguing about who will take a seat next to Tzuyu while the girl in question just glanced at Mina in confusion. It was decided fairly with the help of rock-paper-scissors game and proud of herself Nayeon sat near Tzuyu winking at pouting Sana across her.

 Jihyo that sat right in front of Tzuyu put her hands on the table, leaning forward and locking fingers together. Her serious gaze bumped right in the tall girl and Jihyo frowned a little looking like a CEO of the largest company.

 “So, let me ask you a question, Tzuyu-ssi.”
 “Oh, please, just Tzuyu. Let’s be friends without all these honorifics.”
 “I like this girl.” Sana loudly whispered to Mina, not minding that everyone heard it.

 Jihyo relaxed a little.

 “Okay. So, you and Mina are dating?”
 “That’s true.”
 “And you love her, right?”
 “I do.”

 Mina couldn’t understand what Jihyo wanted to get but it was embarrassing her.

 “What you love about…”
 “Jihyo!” Mina panicked.

 She wasn’t ready to hear Tzuyu’s confession in front of everyone. She might die from embarrassment.

 “I like her eyes – soft, innocent, warm. The way she gets excited over little things. The way she acts tiny when she’s happy.” Mina watched as her girlfriend kept going, her heart loudly beating in her chest. “I like the way she laughs and speaks. I like her soft skin and elegant gestures. Her slender fingers in my hand.”

 Feeling that it could go on and on, Sana awkwardly coughed and smiled wide.

 “I can see you love her too much. So you two meet in school?”

 Mina tried to cool down, wondering when the food will appear. Jihyo seemed to be satisfied and shy over her question and was seating normally avoiding Mina’s glance.

 “Yes. It was in the begging of my first year.”
 “Tzuyu what are you studying?” Momo decided it was also her turn to negotiate.
 “Oh, I’m planning to be an ophthalmologist.”
 “Wow. That’s great.”

 The knock on the door followed and then the waitress went in with their food. The room got filled with smells. As the table was slowly getting covered with dishes and the drinks were brought, more and more topics for conversations appeared and the atmosphere wasn’t as tensed as in beginning.

 Jihyo poured soju to everyone and Tzuyu politely declined, because she still needed to drive. They raised the hands with shots and cheered for the couple’s happiness. Mina didn’t feel like getting drunk so she stopped on her second shot, instead, Jihyo and Sana went wild with the alcohol.

 “Tzuyu, tell me.” Sana found it hard to form a sentence. “Do think you are great in bed?”

 Mina wanted to hit her but couldn’t reach the girl from her spot. Tzuyu took a question jokingly. Sure, she won’t tell something as personal but she also didn’t want to offend Mina’s friend.

 “You better discuss it with Mina, when I won’t present.”

 Nayeon scolded the blonde for an inappropriate question and in the mess of all it Mina felt the warm touch on her knee. She glanced to Tzuyu but the girl looked unbothered. She didn’t seem to be uncomfortable, so maybe she just placed a hand to calm Mina down.

 A few more time passed and Mina went into the restroom, leaving Tzuyu alone with four pairs of curious eyes that only looked at her. The youngest gulped nervously and smiled at them.

 “I’d like to thank you.” She suddenly bowed surprising everyone.
 “For what?” Jihyo got nervous.
 “You might not know but Mina was always a shy kid and it was hard for her to find friends. I can see that the bond you formed together is precious to her. And today I confirmed to myself how nice you are. I hope you’ll continue to be Mina’s friend.”

 The girls were a little shocked and didn’t know what to say. Every one of them remembered how shy and scared Mina felt around them for the first few months but none of the four imagined what the reason was.

 “You don’t have to thank us. Mina is a great person. Don’t worry we’ll always be friends and never let her down.”

 Momo spoke sincerely raising her hand and giving a thumb up in Tzuyu’s direction. Her huge grin and sparking eyes made the mood easy and it just happened naturally that they started to speak again without any awkwardness.

 When the group was getting ready to leave Tzuyu made sure to take all expenses on herself. Maybe she will cut money on something else later but right now she wanted to give the girls a great time. She offered to drive Momo, Sana and Mina home as well.

 Outside they waited for the taxi to pick up Nayeon and half-asleep Jihyo who took too many shots for today. When the car arrived they sent the two off and went to Tzuyu’s car. Sana was tipsy and blabbed about different things all the way to their apartment complex. Tzuyu discovered many things about the girl. She talked about her previous relationships, the way she once worked as a waiter and tripped resulting in all the food to get on the customer and much more.

 When they arrived Momo sensing the couple being awkward grabbed Sana and pulled her to the building saying that they’ll get going. The two watched them entering and Tzuyu chuckled.

 In the twilight of the streets, Mina looked fantastic and mysterious. Her hair went messy from the wind and as they stood facing each other Tzuyu attempted to fix the hair as better as she could. Mina warmly smiled at her making the heart beating faster.

 “Meeting parents was much easier.” Tzuyu chuckled.

 Mina laughed skipping closer and nuzzling in Tzuyu’s shoulder. She felt calm and protected when Tzuyu hugged her.

 “They just were protective.”
 “And I liked that.” Tzuyu her hair gently. “I hope Jihyo will be fine in the morning.”
 “I would be more worried of Sana.”

 They stayed together for a little more in the dim light on the street just talking about the day and laughing over the silly jokes. Tzuyu’s heart was full of happiness as her lover happily remembered the story that happened at the table. They were happy together. Right now nothing else mattered.