Surprise.

Ordinary life of the university students.

Author's Note:

Ok, I was so sad about my favourite ship interactions, that I stared this one-shot but then I thought maybe I can do a series of one-shots based on it and so here it is.
You can leave any suggestions and if it can be inserted, then I'll do that.
Also, there's gonna be some side couple or couples but I didn't choose which ones, so leave comments about that too.
Thanks for stopping to read.

 

 

 Waking up in the morning was hard, especially when your roommates were having a home party till 4 a.m. Mina was still surprised that no one went banging on their door for them to shut up and let the whole apartment block sleep in peace. But probably the fact that they were living in one of the apartment complexes that the university owned and everyone who lived there were students saved the hyperactive duo that lived for parties.

 The sun was annoyingly trying to get into her room and she groaned, her head cracking and breaking in pieces even though she simply had two or three glasses of wine. She wasn’t into getting wasted before the beginning of her second year. Unlike her friends who seemed to take it as their duty to celebrate and then whine the whole day about terrible hangover and pain.

 Her phone rang for the second time, signaling that her ‘5 more minutes’ ended here and she took it to turn off the alarm. The message met her eyes soon and she smiled sleepily clicking on the notification while trying to keep her eyes open. The picture of baby Yoda as the profile photo and the similar name ‘Yoda’ presented to her as she read the text.

 ‘Good morning, lovely. I arrived late evening yesterday and didn’t want to bother you. I hope we can meet at lunch.’

 Few hearts emojis at the end and it was already making Mina happy. Her heart swelled with the thoughts that she finally will be able to see her wife. Yes, exactly, wife. It was still a mystery to her till today how it all happened. One day she just confessed her feelings to the girl and the other day they were already sighing papers with the acceptance of their parents. And they were all happy and before Mina went to Seoul to study in her new university, she was officially married to Chou Tzuyu. Crazier things happened but she was delighted. Tzuyu was like her soulmate and they fitted each other perfectly that even their friends weren’t surprised about such a decision.

 ‘You should have told me, so I would be able to come and help you. Anyway, have a good first day. I’m so excited to see you again.’

 She sent the text and put the phone on the table before getting up and heading to the shower. She found her roommates in the living room being knocked out completely, the other two disappeared, so Mina assumed they just went home. She let the coffee machine start running then went to the bathroom to fresh up.

 It was a long year of her long-distanced relationships with Tzuyu and she wasn’t believing her ears when the girl announced that she got accepted to the same university Mina was studying at. The last time they saw each other face to face was in the winter break, during Christmas. They celebrated with families and Mina remembered crying when she was boarding the train after the magical time ended. In summer she wasn’t able to visit her hometown – first, Tzuyu was too focused on her exams and Mina didn’t want to disturb her, then, her friends talked her into having the one-month summer job in the hotel in Jeju, and after that, her parents visited and the summer was already over. But now, having Tzuyu closer again was making her excited. She was wondering whether the girl changed during half a year, because last time Mina indeed noticed some changes – like Tzuyu loved her even more than before and she was more serious about their love. The future excited them both especially when they knew how much the couple needed each other. They started it awkwardly and scary and Mina couldn’t imagine anyone else she wanted to be closer with.

 Finishing the morning bath and drying her hair, the girl couldn’t stop thinking about her lover and imagining how they would meet. Will Tzuyu kiss her in front of everyone? Will Tzuyu hug her tightly and will stay this way for a few seconds, maybe minutes? Will she be as excited as Mina right now?

 Mina went out of the bathroom feeling so lightweight as she suddenly grew wings that were carrying her around. She went past the table covered with the alcohol bottles and took her coffee that was already placed on the table. Momo was snoring loudly, probably not even carrying about the lesson starting in an hour or just simply not having any morning classes at all. Still, Mina made sure to make three sandwiches in case the older will wake up after smelling food.

 She was humming the tune of some song that caught her attention not long ago, sipping a hot coffee, when arms went around her body and she was hugged from behind. However, she didn’t flinch, still busy cooking.

 “Minari, my head.”

 Someone whined in her back, almost climbing her like a koala. She sighed and just pointed to one of the cupboards.

 “We have painkillers there.”

 The heavy body separated from her and she was able to straighten her back. The loud sounds of roaming through the cupboard were going for a while following by groans and weird words before it reached her limits of patience and she went to get the pills herself.

 “Thanks.”
 “Leave one for that idiot.”

 She pointed to the third person on the couch, then plated all the sandwiches she made and stretched one to Sana, who sat in front of her. The iced coffee was what she needed during this morning, even if Tzuyu would argue that being wasn’t healthy. Mina was very careful of time, afraid to miss her bus but she still had thirty minutes to spare, so for now it was fine.

 “Where’re others?” She asked.
 “I saw Jihyo dragging Nayeon out.” Sana groaned. “You went to sleep and missed all the fun.”
 “You’re calling this – the fun?”

 She pointed at the redhead girl that struggled to keep her eyes opened and was holding on to her head to ease the pain a little.

 “Whatever.” Sana pouted. “Will we have lunch all together?”

 Mina thought of it but then the text from Tzuyu came up to her head and she hurried to decline the offer.

 “Eh? Why? Do you have plans?”

 The blonde girl hesitated, she never actually told them about her relationships with Tzuyu. She only mentioned once that she likes the girl from her hometown and her friends wished her luck with it, she wasn’t even able to announce that they were already together. After that, the question died and she didn’t know if it was necessary to mention it. One more thing that scared her is Sana and Nayeon, probably the clingiest and lovingly people she had ever met. They sure will be all over Tzuyu’s beauty. She must speak to them in the evening and explain everything.

 “I already made plans, sorry.”
 “That’s fine. Okay, I’ll try to wake her up.”

 ***

 The campus was filled with newbies and Mina couldn’t help but scan through the crowd in case she will be able to find a certain person. But she was sure that Tzuyu was around the medical building and not here. Sana was slowly going after her. They tried their best to wake Momo up, but nothing worked, so Sana has to get into the oldest phone to check the schedule and confirm that Momo’s classes are starting after lunch. So they left the girl as she was, with hopes that she will get up eventually on her own.

 “We have a lot of pretty students this year.” Sana exclaimed catching up with her.

 Right now Mina was more focused on the thoughts of getting into the room in time, rather than anything else, but the remark made her question the idea of presenting Tzuyu to Sana. And it also created a remark to ask Tzuyu if anyone tried to get to her on the first day.

 She soon parted ways with Sana, went into the auditorium and was focused on the professor speech.

 It was almost the end of her second period when she received a text from Tzuyu. It concerned her and this only meant that their lunch together was cancelled.

 ‘Sorry, love. We are having welcoming activities and they actually providing lunch here. I indeed wanted to have lunch together. We meet in the evening, fine?’

 It was disappointing but she couldn’t blame Tzuyu for that. It was her first day and the department was making some activities for the new students. She can’t just dump everything to meet Mina.

 ‘That’s fine. Make a lot of new friends. Just call me when you’re free.’

 She decided to check the group chat to see any news about their lunch plan, but it was only filled with whines and whimpers, so she decided to just ask Sana.

 It was finally lunch time and she already felt tired as hell. But as she looked at her friends, she knew they were having it way rougher than her. Jihyo was the most normal out of them, but still having a rather hard morning in waking up the other one. It was a perfect opportunity to deliver the news to them, she thought. Mina started to carefully plan her speech while waiting for Nayeon to return with food.

 “Guys, I have something.”

 The said girl soon joined them again, putting her plate and juice and squeezing in-between Jihyo and Momo. Her grin was not giving Mina a light feeling and the way everyone got interested kind of threatened her.

 “I just met Sun-unnie and she said they are doing welcoming activities and there’s a lot of pretty newbies there.”

 That’s it.

 “Is there someone particular?” Sana wiggled eyebrows and leaned closer.
 “A lot. But medical and art departments are very lucky this year.”

 Mina watched them with interest, catching every single word after the topic started.

 “Aw, I need to see it. Do they have photos?”

 Rather than the two, others were not so into the conversation and just enjoyed food, simply listening to the two extraverts. Mina noticed Nayeon pulling her phone out and going through it, searching. She was probably trying to enter the university social media or her friends’ pages to find more. Mina just hoped Tzuyu won’t be there.

 “Here.”

 She turned the phone to Sana. Mina was just able to catch the article name ‘The prettiest newbies this year’ before Sana pulled the device closer.

 “Hey, I want to see too.” Nayeon whined.

 After small bickering, the phone was placed in the middle of the table and now all 5 of them were hovering over it with Nayeon commenting on each girl, probably from all the rumors she got while lining for food. Mina almost burst into laughter upon noticing Tzuyu’s friends, but this also meant that her girl was also on the list.

 “Ah, this one is so fine.”

 Sana pointed to the next photo and Mina froze. Chou Tzuyu – her closest friend, lovable girlfriend and ideal wife. She dyed her hair, now it being light brown and she was wearing her favorite yellow t-shirt and a little loosen jeans. She was insanely beautiful and it was no wonder she got to the list. Her serious face was directed to the side, probably listening to the announcement but she still was too gorgeous.

 “Wow, I need to be introduced to her.”

 Her friends ruined her inner battle of crushing over the younger one and she looked at her friends, thinking that the news must be introduced now before Sana and Nayeon won’t run to the newbies welcoming event.

 “A-actually…” She shuttered gaining all the attention and almost flashing from embarrassment. “You can’t do that.”
 “Eh? Why?” Momo butted in.
 “Is it that Mina got a crush on the new med student?” Sana teased and their table shook with all whispers and laughter.

 Mina felt awkward. She never did anything like this. Lucky her that her parents had already knew Chou family before and Mina didn’t have a lot of school friends to blabber to about her girlfriend. She played with fingers in doubt before raising the head up with confidence.

 “I’m dating her.”

 The table went silent for a while – girls studying her face and thinking what to do, confusion stuck in their eyes, which only made Mina worry more.

 “You mean you liked her and want to confess?” Jihyo tried to confirm hesitantly.
 “No, I mean I am indeed dating her. Like right now. We’re in relationships.”

 “WHAT?”