Girls, Sana and coincidence.

Ordinary life of the university students.

 Sana looked in the mirror finding annoying dark circles under her eyes. It was all her fault, she would agree. Who knew that the project they need to finish in due today? Sana was having fun with Jihyo and Momo in the club, enjoying the moment and eyes that followed her movements when on the next morning she woke up to Momo printing files in the living room.

 She had to stay up all night to write everything. Now after a cool shower, she thought that it would at least refresh her a little but her eyes were still red and tired. She covered it all under the make-up and went to get coffee.

 Momo happily cooked breakfast swaying hips to the music, while Sana’s head was throbbing with pain. God, let her survive today, please. She sat at the table and gulped hot black liquid. Mina was nowhere to be seen. She probably stayed with Tzuyu again. Last three days she was practically living there without bothering to come home. It was a bit lonely without a younger one but Momo and Sana were happy for her. Tzuyu appeared a really nice woman to them and they all hoped that this love will last forever.

 Sana’s phone buzzed.

 ‘Baby, can we eat lunch today?’

 Sana read the message and skipped it to the side, making it disappear from the screen. In her social media, she had tones of questions like that. She didn’t remember how those people were getting her number or even finding her page. Rumors had it that someone on the campus was selling it for good money. Sana was indeed popular and even had a certain reputation in the university but she preferred to never mention it.

 Although she dated boys, she always had a certain liking for girls instead. It felt absurd for her until she met Nayeon, her partner in gay crimes. Nayeon was super confident in what she thought was right for her. If she liked a girl, then she liked her and no one would say her it was right or wrong. She would openly flirt with a stranger and get kicked because that stranger was straight. Sana just liked the attention from certain people let it be her friends or partner. This is what always caused her troubles. She would be lovely with one guy because he was cute and find him sending her hearts and flowers the other day. Or she would kiss a friend on the cheek and get a cold shoulder because that person would think Sana was in love with them. Life never was easy for Sana.

 “You going?” Momo asked.

 Sana noticed that the older one was in the process of checking her bag. Sana peeked in her cup and found it empty. Wondering when she finished it, she went to her room to fetch the purse and get going.

 The girls went put and locked the door. Sana pressed the button to call for the lift and it opened a few seconds after. Their neighbors smiled at them. One of them skipped to Sana, flirting and asking when they can go to walk around again? Confused, Sana tried to reassure her that when they both have enough time, Sana would definitely call. She wasn’t sure if she had this girl number and wasn’t even sure of her name. They once went together to the grocery shop and talked a little.

 The lift opened and Momo pulled her friend out making a brief excuse that they are running late. They reached the bus stop seeing few students waiting as well. Sana was mumbling words of her presentation while Momo surfed the internet.

 “Oh, Sana. Is that you?”

 Sana looked up. A tall guy smiled at her. She could say she had classes with him last year. But the other person that stood near was more familiar to her. It was Sandy, an exchange student that Sana met at her work a few days ago.

 “I haven’t seen you in a while. We don’t have the same courses with time.” He awkwardly shifted from one leg to another.
 “That’s right.”
 “Yeah.” Silence. “Well, maybe you want to eat dinner one day and like catch up?”

 The blonde one stood not knowing what to say. Momo was still busy with her phone and Sana didn’t want to make the guy feel embarrassed.

 “Oh, stop it. She’s obviously not interested. Come on.”

 Sandy pulled the guy, speaking a bit broken Korean. He tried to say something but the girl shut him up with her English. When they were going, Sandy looked at Sana and winked at her, showing a sign to call her later.

 The tired girl sighed with relief.

 To the university they got without much trouble, just a few boys and girls looking over them. Momo linked arms with her to not lost each other in the crowd. They were on the way to meet with Nayeon but the main gates were just stuffed. They were almost half the way to the place when someone grasped Sana’s hand and pulled her back. She almost fell. Behind her was a small girl with bright red hair. She looked displeased and her hold on Sana was so abusive and painful that Sana wanted to whimper.

 “Excuse me.” Sana raised eyebrows.
 “What the hell you think you doing?” The girl asked.

 Sana was shocked, Momo didn’t know what to do.

 “We just went on date three days ago and now you already walking with another chick.”

 Sana obviously remembered the girl. Hiyeon approached her at work and just asked for a date. She was cute and dressed all girly and fashionable and Sana was free, so she agreed and they went out the same evening. Now, they never agreed on dating officially and just sent each other random messages, discussing life. But even in the café, she understood that they won’t fit each other.

 “The hell! I can’t walk with my friend?”

 It was getting stressful. Why every single lesbian on the campus decided to get on her nerves on the same day when she was tired and had no sleep?

 She saw Hiyeon opening to say something.

 “ off, I’m not in the mood to hear your grumbling.”

 She turned, not wanting to start a scene and forcefully ripped her hand out of the grasp. Momo was still worried and looked back at the girl that gritted teeth staring at them.

 

Nayeon waved at them from the distance. She was more lively today than ever. The girls were suspecting that she was currently pursuing one of Tzuyu’s friends as she declined to go to the club and Jihyo said she wasn’t home in the evening.

 “Hi, grumpy.”

 She poked Sana’s cheek, annoying her more.

 “Don’t. She’s very sensitive today.” Momo commented.
 “Oh.” Nayeon expressed understanding with a few nods.
 “No, she just didn’t sleep well, because of homework.”

 It was rare to see Sana in the bad mood. Usually, she would jump around throwing flower petals and rainbows, making others gag at her bubbly personality. But sometimes hard days happened and Jihyo swore if bothered Sana would bite.

 “Poor thing.” Nayeon patted her head.
 “I think all the girls just went crazy today.”

 They walked to the auditorium while Momo was saying what happed. Sana seemed to be so angry that she didn’t even want to open .

 The classes went good and her presentation was one of the best. She got 15 minutes of recharging nap right in class and felt a bit better. The girls were going to have lunch together but Sana was in need of coffee. She said she would join later and lazily walked to the nearest coffee shop.

 The small cart sold the best coffee around. She stood in line busy with her phone. The people moved fast, saying their order, then stepping to the side to wait. Sana did the same and watched the three professionals busy making coffee for the customers. She got her paper cup a little later with a croissant. Happy she went to find friends. Sana got the phone out balancing all in one hand to see if they texted anything and then … bam.

 She looked down. Her cup was almost empty, the food accurately laying on the grass and the easel with a white paper had stains of coffee on it. She didn’t even realize how that happened when a furious scream pierced her ears.

 “Are you dumb? Tried looking where you’re going?”

 To her right stood a small cute girl with long hair and a baby face. She was almost red from the feelings burning in her. She got to her work and examined it. Sana noticed few other students sitting at their easel, probably completing the assignment.

 “I’ve been working for three days on it.”

 The girl sniffed and Sana got a pang in her heart. She jumped to the girl apologizing and blaming herself. In her head the words ‘worst day ever’ were spinning.

 “Can I do anything?” She asked.
 “Already did.”

 The girl turned her head staring right at her and they both got a weird feeling for a second. Sana was mesmerized. The big cat eyes looked at her, studying her face as if they knew each other before. The small face and body were making a stranger cuter and softer. Her clothes, buggy jeans and jumper, were covered in paint.

 “I’m sorry. I had a bad luck day.” Sana tried to cover up for an awkward silence.
 “You shouldn’t transfer it on the other people then.”

 Sana felt like this girl wasn’t impressed with her at all. Well, it was understandable. Sana just ruined her three days of hard work in one second. And looking at the beautiful art she could even feel disappointment. The work was indeed pretty. Blue lines of the sky and the green trees lining down the road that wasn’t finished. Now it all had wet brown dots and stains. Sana never knew any artist before, but she put herself in the girl's shoe. She will definitely get supper mad if someone destroys her work like this.

 “Hey, I can talk with your teacher and say it was my fault. Maybe you can submit the assignment later?”

 She tried to be friendly and cheering, while the smaller one was messing hair thinking of the way to save the painting.

 “I don’t need your help. Please, go already.”

 It fired Sana up. She tried to help and be lovely. Why this girl is so rude towards her?

 “Hey, you don’t need to be so rude. I just wanted to help.”
 “Can you go back in time and like trip over something earlier? No? Then I don’t need your help.”
 “You’re rude and small.”
 “Hey!”

 Furious she stormed out of the place being watched from all sides and went straight to the canteen. There the girls sat at the round table, Mina was nowhere to be seen. She flopped on the chair and suddenly tears filled her eyes.

 “Something happened?” Momo asked, gently putting a hand on hers.
 “Today is just the worst day ever. I spilt coffee on art student’s work and she hates me now.”
 “It’s okay. Things do happen.” Jihyo hugged her from the other side.
 “She was so cute and I tried to be friendly. And she just…”

 With the support of friends, Sana calmed down and everyone shared their food with her. She had one lecture left but the headache was so severe that Jihyo suggested she go and get some sleep. She volunteered to talk with the professor.

 Sana walked to the main gates in the almost empty path. Everyone went to the classes and it was nice and relaxing. The slightest wind played with her hair and the smells of food and coffee spread in the air. She was approaching the same place where she collided with the easel. On the grass, the same girl sat behind all the equipment. She had a new paper in front of her and her pencil was furiously sketching the patterns. Sana wanted to just pass her and let this situation be forgotten, but something seemed to be off. She sighed and made her way to the painter.

 “Hey, it’s me again.” She said.
 “What do you want?”
 “Are you planning on staying here all day?”
 “Maybe.”

 The blonde one looked over the sketch.

 “It’s beautiful. The previous one was the best as well. It’s a shame I ruined it.”

 Now they were talking in a normal tone without screaming. And the atmosphere seemed to change a little.

 “I’m Sana.”
 “Chaeyoung.”
 “If you don’t mind, I would like to buy you lunch to apologize.”
 “Thanks, but…”
 “Come on, don’t be a party pooper. Let’s be friends.”

 Chaeyoung finally faced her. Her serious eyes were studying Sana’s face as if she wanted to see the hidden motives written on it. Instead, Sana just smiled wider at her.

 “I think we have to be.”
 “What?”
 “Nothing. Just buy me a strawberry cake.”