three

little white lies | chaennie

The Hills, NY

11:11 AM

 

After a long drive from the airport, Jisoo finally pulled over to Kim's Family Residence. 

 

The old house was long been abandoned, since Mr And Mrs Kim moved to a different country—Hawaii, and given the tight schedule of their only daughter. 

 

They let Jennie managed the house at the start of her college. However, eventually, after establishing a successful clothing line—having different branches from across countries—she has been thinking of moving to Korea for good, where her business is highly relevant. 

 

She came back from Korea—juggling her time, being hands-on with her business, and monitoring the possible clients for their former household.

 

The businesswoman doesn't want to bother her beloved parents anymore, that's why she took control of everything—from remodelling the exterior and interior designs, preparing the necessary documents, as well as marketing.

 

However, because of her busy schedules, she wants nothing but get this over with as quickly as possible. So she can be able to go back to Korea pronto. 

 

As they arrived at the place, she was welcomed with a dull and melancholic ambience. If she were a client looking at the said house, she would definitely be disappointed. 

 

It desperately needs a retouch. A few refinishing from the discoloring oak hardwood floors across the living room. And repainting of the whole exterior, that's for sure. 

 

"Miss Kim, your bags, do I put it all to your room?" Jisoo asked placing the luggage on the floor. 

 

"No, put it on the neighbor's bedroom. Of course! In my room, pabo," Jennie grumbled in a resigned voice. 

 

The other Kim huffed, lifting the bags to proceed to the room, but was stopped. 

 

"And another thing, don't speak a word if I'm not talking to you. I'm pissed, " Jennie demanded. 

 

Jisoo just bowed hiding her grimace. She turned her back, yet was called again. 

 

"Yes, Miss Kim?" she sported a forced smile. 

 

"Tomorrow, find a house painter, first thing in the morning," said Jennie

 

"But why? The house looks okay though," Irene asked. 

 

"I'm thinking of selling the house since we barely use it anyways. So, might as well put it onto something good." 

 

"I want it to look brand new. That way it's easier to market, " Jennie continued. "Kim Jisoo, don't forget what I asked you, understood?" 

 

"You got it! Can I finally go now?" Jisoo exited, leaving the two in the living room. 

 

"Irene, prepare the bathtub. I need a hot bath," she sighed in exhaustion. 

 

"Sorry to disappoint you, we have a power outage," Irene replied apologetically. 

 

"For how long?" Can this day get any worse, Jennie thought. 

 

"8 hours."

 

"8 hours?" 

 

"Yeah." 

 

"Just this day right?" 

 

"Every single day. That's the new trend here, as a matter of fact," Irene told her, making the latter's frown more visible. 

 

"So you mean to tell me, here in New York, every day, for 8 hours, we don't have electricity?" Jennie uttered giving emphasis on each word.

 

Irene hummed in a sing-song tone as a response. 

 

Jennie closed her eyes tight and took a deep breath. She let out a loud sigh, grasping Irene's shoulder firmly, "That's so depressing."

 

" More reason for this house to be sold in no time. I can't wait to go back to Korea," Jennie quavered walking past Irene. 

 

 

 

.___. 

 

 

 

"Aren't you going to say hi to Aunt Rosie?" Suzy voiced out raising her brows on the three boys huddled up in the middle of the couch. 

 

Dalgom, Kuma, at Hank were nudging at each other—forcing others but themselves to speak a word. 

 

Rosé nodded her head, hinting Suzy that it's okay. 

 

"Bro?" Kuma and Hank whispered in chorus on each side of Dalgom's ears. The two earned a glare from their older brother. 

 

"If you're really Mum's bestfriend, why are we only seeing you now?" Dalgom asked while playing with his small fingers. 

 

"We've met before, I used to babysit all three of you. Probably, too young to remember that," Rosé reasoned out. 

 

"Also, when gramma died, you were absent," Hank added from behind pouting cutely. 

 

Rosé glanced sideways, biting her fingernails. "I uh...was assigned on a different town, for m-my job," she stuttered. 

 

"Wait, I kinda remember you," Kuma suddenly ran inside Jisoo's room. He came back waving a photograph in his hand. 

 

Kuma handed it to Dalgom. Dalgom stood up from the couch and walked to Roseanne' side. He raised the picture near the lady's gorgeous face. 

 

The three boys looked closely to Roseanne, then the photo, again with Roseanne, and back to the photo.

 

Roseanne felt nervous when the three weren't muttering a word. 

 

"Your hair is different," said Hank.

 

"Oh, I bleached it," Rosé replied instantly.

 

"Wow, you can do that?" amazed on what he learned. 

 

"Yeah," Rosé smiled when she felt they were slowly getting comfortable talking to her.

 

"Can you beach my hair too?" Kuma joined. Rosé chuckled on their cuteness.

 

"Attention! Attention!" Someone howled catching everyone's attention. 

 

"Eomma!" Dalgom, Kuma, and Hank gushed in unison. They all went to hug their mum. 

 

"So you all met Aunt Rosie then?" The three cuties nodded. "She's gonna be with us now," Jisoo added. 

 

"Only if it's okay with you kids," Rosé chimed in. They looked at each other before attacking her with a bear hug. 

 

"Suzy Unnie, you're here," Jisoo bowed. 

 

"I'm guessing you two know each other now?" Jisoo looked at Suzy then Rosé. 

 

"Yeah. And I actually brought chicken casserole," Suzy said shyly. 

 

"You didn't have to." 

 

"No worries. I kinda want Rosie to try it," Suzy murmured while tucking a lose strand of hair behind her ear. 

 

"Well, I'm leaving. I hope you'll like it, Rosie," she smiled at Rosé before exiting. 

 

When their neighbor left, Jisoo didn't let a second to tease the young lady—wiggling her brows playfully. 

 

"What?" Rosé raised her brows. 

 

Jisoo shook her head and chuckled, "Oh nothing..Rosie," saying my name in exaggeration before going to the kitchen. 

 

Rosé looked at the three boys who did the same as their mum . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

Are you ready for Chaeyoung and Jennie to meet? 

Next chapter 👀

 

xx, rj 👻