ten

little white lies | chaennie

Jennie's POV 

 

One minute we were talking business and the next thing I know Mr Jongin, my client, is drenching in white paint. I felt my blood rushed as I looked up at my painter with a wince on her face. 

 

"Pardon me, Miss. I accidentally knocked over the bucket. Did I spilt a little on your clothes?" She asked nonchalantly. I scowled at her, shooting daggers on her brown orbs. 

 

"A little?! You drowned him in paint!" I raged, a little tempted to grabbed her by the collar and punched her for messing up with my business. Lucky for her, she's out of my reach as she's still on the balcony. 

 

"Get in here! And apologize to him this instant!" I shouted at her, thinking about how embarrassing this is. I looked at Mr Jongin, he's fuming. I felt bad for him. 

 

"You son of a ! Aren't you supposed to paint the walls?! That didn't include me!" He retorted while trying to wipe off some of the liquid.

 

"I'm sorry, Sir. I didn't mean to do that," She reasoned out. 

 

"Chaeyoung, get down in here! Now!" I said in gritted teeth getting annoyed for her stupidity.

 

Mr Jongin grew even more impatient and pushed the ladder to fall down as Chaeyoung was about to climbed down which caught me by surprise.

 

The last thing I wanted was to have any accidents happening inside my premises. She was able to grab on the rails of the balcony. With that, I sighed in relief. 

 

I tried to restrain him for doing so but he was ten times stronger than me. He could easily tower over me. 

 

"Get down in here!" He shouted. This is getting out of hand. 

 

"How would I? You removed the ladder!" She snapped back. 

 

"That's not my problem now," Jongin said with his mischievous smirk as we looked at Chaeyoung hanging on the rails for her dear life. Oh my God. This isn't happening. 

 

Chaeyoung jumped off with her feet first, landing on the grass and rolled over to lessen the impact. 

 

"You know you're lucky I don't hit girls," He chuckled with dark eyes looking at Chaeyoung. I don't like where this was heading. 

 

"Yeah? Or maybe you're just a ?" She just shrugged not minding the daggers on this tall man. Is she seriously putting up a fight on him? 

 

“I normally hate hitting women, but in this case, I'll make an exception,” He said before making his way to Chaeyoung. 

 

I covered my eyes at the thought of him hitting this woman. I hate violence especially if women are the victim. I opened my eyes and thinking of stopping them when I saw Mr Jongin on the ground with blood forming on the corner of his lips. 

 

Chaeyoung still has no scratch or anything on her face meaning she surprisingly managed to dodge his punches. 

 

She rolled her sleeves and was ready to fight. She looked at me and said, "Miss, I really think you should stop him before it's too late." Who does she think she was? She can't possibly handle this man. She might have been lucky on her first shot. 

 

He rubbed his reddened jaw and stood up. He tried to hit her but she was much quicker to counter him with more punches.

 

"My car," I flinched when I saw how the back seat window was shattered into pieces when Jongin's foot landed on my car instead of Chaeyoung. 

 

She pinned him on the car but also released him shortly and backed away a bit. "Miss, he will get beaten to death if you don't stop him right now." 

 

The man managed to punch her on her cheek as she was distracted looking at me earlier. She quickly regained her pace and clutter his face with her fists. I tried stopping them but things got out of hand already.

 

Roseanne's POV

 

I really hate it when someone underestimates what I can do. If he thought he can beat me, just because he's a 'guy'. Well, that's where he's wrong. 

 

Unfortunately for him, when it comes to fist fight or anything that involves fighting, I hate losing. I'm going to beat his until this boy cries and begs me to stop.

 

I put my fists onto his weird nose to eliminate any vision he might have had but he's stronger than I imagined he would be. Something tells me he's used to this kind of stuff which excites me more. A challenge, I see. 

 

He pushed me bringing me back to my senses. I kicked him on his knees making him wobble and lose his balance. Miss Kim was trying to say something but I was more focused on his client. 

 

Things escalated fast as we were now beating the out each other inside the house, particularly at the veranda. 

 

I saw him grabbing a vase on the console table and threw it at my direction but I already knew he was going to do that so I managed to get away with it. 

 

I'm not sure how long we've been attacking one another, like some gladiator, when we heard a gunshot.

 

I was holding onto one of the vases displayed on the living room. Miss Kim pointed the gun to my direction. 

 

"Relax, Miss. I was just fixing this vase on its place. It's crooked," I forced a smile while placing the item back. 

 

"Bull. Just fixing...I'm not stupid!" She lowered her weapon then walked closer to stand between us. Both of us were catching our breath. 

 

"If I didn't pull that trigger, you won't end this chaos," She said to me and proceed to go to this 's direction.

 

"Jongin, I'm so sorry this happened," She rubbed his arms which made me roll my eyes. 

 

"I just wanted to teach that woman a lesson. Why don't you just fire that painter of yours instead? I might have called off our transaction because of her," He said which perked my attention on him.

 

"I'm leaving. Just don't forget about our dinner date," He said before he left, my eyes darted on him. 

 

"Um, just call me," Miss Kim managed to reply back.

 

Her gaze went back to me. She stomped her way to where I'm standing.

 

"You! Get out of my property! I'm kicking you out!" She grumbled pointing a finger at me, which annoyed me more. 

 

"Excuse me, Miss?" I'm holding myself together. Any minute now, I'm going to explode. 

 

"I'm saying, you are fired! Get out of my house now!" She shouted more in my face. 

 

"What about our contract?" I retorted. I didn't waste my time working here for free if that's what she's thinking. 

 

"What contract? I didn't sign any contract, just so you know." I can see her eyes bulging out in their sockets. But, I'm even madder with what she's blabbering about. 

 

"Okay! But, pay for all the work that I did in your house for the past four days," I grumbled. I can't believe this was happening. 

 

"What do you mean work? Do you realize how expensive all that vases you ruined?!" 

 

"I'm not the one who broke your precious vases. Your visitor did!" I raised my voice a little as I grew impatient. It's true, that man was stupid enough to throw those vases and missed his shot. 

 

"Yah! All this won't happen if it weren't for your stupid act. This..." She pointed on the broken porcelains on the floor. "This is all your fault," She continued her speech. 

 

"If I will sum up all the damage you've caused, you won't be able to pay them even if you work for me for ten years! But, I wouldn't charge you anymore. So, get out! Out!" Her voice was so hard, the veins on her neck were popping.

 

I glared at her for a moment. Nostrils flaring, as I stood in front of her, fist clenched on both my sides.

 

"No wonder you had a poor attitude, you're spit is white," I muttered lowly.

 

She wiped it off from her chin immediately. "! That's your paint!" She snapped when she realized what it was. 

 

"You know what, you're not just irascible, but you also have a rough attitude, " I looked intently on her eyes with furrowed brows before walking past her. 

 

I heard her protests but I didn't look back. I swung the door open and slammed it shut then left. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

Hope you all are doing good and enjoying the story so far! 

 

I appreciate if you leave a comment to know what you think of it. 🙆‍♀️

 

xx, rj 👻