two

little white lies | chaennie

RS Terminal 1 Airport, NY

10:34 AM

 

When Jisoo dropped off Rosé, she quickly maneuvered her way to Irene, Miss Kim's personal secretary. Then, they proceed to the airport. 

 

"She's supposed to be waiting here, " Irene mumbled, more to herself. 

 

"I think that's her, " Jisoo stated nervously. 

 

The two saw a tiny woman shooting them with daggers with her feline eyes. 

 

They can sense flames of anger b through her blood by the way her hands were clenching into a fist. She stomped her tiny foot on the ground, nearly making a hole.

 

Both glanced at each other before running to their boss—struggling to lift their shaky legs.

 

"Miss Kim, have you always been this cute, or did you have to work at it?" Jisoo managed to say with a wince trying to look as innocent at her scowling boss. 

 

"Welcome.. home?" she added, dragging her words—more like a question.  

 

"Welcome home?! I have been waiting here for God knows how long! I didn't waste my calls reminding you to pick me up at exactly 10 AM to stand here and look like an idiot waiting for my ride!" her voice was so loud, it made Jisoo's eyes twitched. 

 

"I'm sorry, Miss Kim," Irene bowed.

 

"Where were you?" her stare fixed to the other Kim, raising her voice a little. 

 

"Miss, I—" she was cut off by her boss. 

 

"And don't you tell me that you are caught by a traffic. Again," her eyes narrowed and teeth clenched together emphasizing every words. 

 

Jisoo didn't realize that she was holding her breath because of her nervousness. 

 

"Apparently, it's true. I also had to change the tires on my way to Irene," she muttered while her head remain hunged low, looking at the few passers-by.

 

"Oh now it's flat tire, can't you think of another alibi? How about you tell me that while you were driving you got hungry so you stopped at a KFC but then got towed for illegal parking?!" Jennie hissed all in one breath. 

 

"Wow, that kinda makes sense—" Jisoo halted halfway when she noticed more smoke coming out of Jennie's ears, means she's fuming mad. 

 

The lady boss squealed in annoyance. She couldn't do anything but to let out a deep shaky sigh. 

 

"Do it one more time, Kim Jisoo, and good luck finding another job," strutting her way to the parking lot. 

 

"What are you two waiting? Get my luggage! I want to go home," she added with hostility. 

 

"Yes, Miss Kim," Irene forced a smile. She pinched Jisoo's side. 

 

"Ouch, what was that for?" the latter flinched in pain. 

 

"Well, you heard her. Now, carry all of that," pointing on the three bulging items of luggage. 

 

"Yeah, yeah," Jisoo answered mockingly. 

 

How am I supposed to carry all these bags? Why did she need to bring three huge suitcases anyway?, she thought to herself. 

 

"Aigoo." Jisoo nearly stumbled down off her feet. Hands fly to chests causing the luggage to slipped through her hold. 

 

"Where's the car?!" she heard a terrifying bawl ahead. 

 

Still stunned, "Well, it's you who's not waiting for me," Jisoo whispered and chuckled.

 

"Are you mocking me?" Jisoo sported a fake smile, "Of course not, Miss Kim." 

 

"We know you have short legs, but can you walk faster. I want to sleep." Jisoo rolled her eyes with this. 

 

.___.

 

Avocado Streets, NY

10:11 AM

 

Roseanne's POV

 

A lot has changed since I got into jail. Kim Jisoo has somehow managed to build her own life. She's got a stable job as a personal driver and a bodyguard of a rich businesswoman. 

 

She also shared that few months prior to my stay, inside the bars, Grandma Kim suffered from sudden cardiac arrest. They tried to rushed her to the hospital but was declared to be clinically dead upon arrival. 

 

It saddened me, realizing that I wasn't there during her lowest point in life. Grandma was the only family that was left for her. 

 

Now, we only both got each other aside from her three adopted son, Dalgom, 10, Kuma, 9, and Hank, 7.

 

They all lived in this small but comfortable home she inherited from Grandma Kim. I didn't even got the chance to visit her wake. 

 

I was lost in my own cloud of thoughts when someone spoke, interrupting my trance. I whipped my head to the owner of the voice. 

 

Chaeyoung was sure, she felt her jaw dropped at the sight of a gorgeous woman showing off her innocent and feminine charm with her light wispy bangs. 

 

"Excuse me, but who are you?" said the gorgeous woman. "Uhm..do I know you?" I responded. 

 

"I ask first," raising her eyebrow. "Oh, sorry, I'm Chaeyoung, but you can call me Roseanne, or Rosé" I replied instantly, tucking a lose strand of hair behind my ear. 

 

"Wow, that's a lot," she laughed lightly before adding, "How about I call you Rosie?" 

 

"Or you can call me that," I assured her and reached a hand. "Well, I'm Bae Suzy. Just Suzy for you." she smiled accepting the handshake. 

 

"Okay, Just Suzy," I said cheekily making her blushed. Wow, she looked like an angel, I thought. 

 

"I actually reside next door." I just hummed in response. 

 

"So, how do you know Jisoo?" Suzy asked. 

 

"Oh, we're childhood best friends. I've been with them ever since." Suzy frowned a little before saying, "I'm sorry for your loss." 

 

"I know Grandma Kim, she was kind and great, " she added. 

 

I forced a smile, still not comfortable to talk about Grandma casually. "By the way, the kids are out?" changing the topic. 

 

"They are at my house. Chu let them stay at my place especially when she's busy." 

 

She paused for a moment, "Do you want me to call them?" 

 

"Don't bother," I quickly replied. "They don't really know me, I actually got back from a long vacation so.." dragging my words, not sure if I should be telling all this to her. 

 

"Oh yeah, I completely understand." An awkward silence settled between us, thicker than the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. 

 

As much as I want to keep the conversation going, it's like my mind betrayed me. Five years in prison really made me rusty. 

 

"I hope we get along. You see, I'm a nice neighbor, " Suzy managed to break the deafening silence. 

 

"I can tell, "  I told her before laughing awkwardly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

Hi chaennie warriors! (tho this is somehow a rozy/suzé moment) Feel free to leave some notes about what you think of the plot so far.

xx, rj 👻