one

little white lies | chaennie

Shumon Detention Center

11:27 PM

 

Roseanne's POV

 

Tomorrow.

 

After months of staying inside this prison cell, I finally get to go home and deal with the consequence of whatever the hell I did that ed up pretty much my whole life. 

 

I lost my career. I lost my money. I lost my girlfriend. I don't even know where she is. Or what she has been doing since I got arrested for something I did to protect my loved ones. To hell, she even bothered to visit me, to know if I was doing alright, or better yet if I'm still breathing. 

 

Days.

 

Weeks. 

 

Months. 

 

Years have passed. 

 

Nothing. Except for my best friend, of course. 

 

For starters, I don't really remember any memory of my mom and dad with me. I once lived with my grandmother, well it's really my best friend's grandmother. But I've been with them since I was a kid so pretty much I recognized them as my own family. 

 

Jisoo and I grew up together and are as thick as thieves. We already swore that we'll protect each other through thick and thin. That is why I didn't think twice to save her from the gang that attacked her in that tournament. 

 

We were all supposed to have fun and enjoy ourselves because we only got to join once in a while before Seulgi's pack decided to ruin that. 

 

[Flashback] 

 

Jegwhi Central Park, NY

6:11 PM

 

"Drive them off your left, Pasta. So when they look in the middle, take it downtown quickly, okay?" said Jisoo while catching her breath. 

 

"And uhm, the rest, guard I guess?" looking at Louis, Leo, and Luca. 

 

"Okay, I'm gonna bring home that chicken dinner, " I whispered but loud enough for this turtle rabbit to hear. 

 

"What can I say, great minds think alike, " she winks at me or so I thought. 

 

If we are able to win this bet, we can enjoy a nice meal after. Jisoo-ni and I have been craving for buffalo wings and kimchi fried rice in Brook's, our number one go-to diner. They serve the BEST wings in town that's why, but mostly because it's the only one we can afford. 

 

1, 2, 3, huh

 

The game was about to resume when a loud thud rang out and Jisoo's tiny body fell off the ground. My insides were still shaking when I ran from where she landed. 

 

Blood dripping from the side of her head. She was hit by a huge rock thrown by Seulgi who is beside her crying sister, Joy. 

 

I stole a quick glance to my Jisoo then averted my gaze to my right. Everything was a mess. 

 

"Louis, take her away from here. Make sure she's safe. I got this, " I ran to the direction of the chaos before gently laying her body on Louis' arms. 

 

"YAH KANG SEULGI! You never learn, huh? Or are you just plain stupid? How many times do I have to tell you to not mess with my family?" I growled nearly ripping my throat. I can feel the veins popping on my neck. 

 

Before Seulgi can even respond, my fist is already on her jaw — earning a loud grunt from her. Blood forming on one side of her lip. 

 

She tried to hit me back but I was fast enough to dodge it. 

 

Someone came from my back and pushed me to the ground, Jeongyeon, Seulgi's best friend. She took something from her pocket. 

 

I was still recovering when I realized it was a knife. As soon as she attacked towards my direction, I went from outside side-grabbing the base of the knife with my right hand. 

 

Using my free arm, I elbowed her face really hard making it lose her balance and fall on her back. I didn't let a second pass as I straddle her with her knife on my hand. 

 

"DON'T MOVE" one of the cops shouted. I didn't even realize there were already cops. Next thing I knew, I was sentenced for 5-year imprisonment. 

 

[End of Flashback] 

 

Roseanne's POV

 

They say every day is a fresh start. As soon as the sun once again reach its spot, a new phase in your life is waiting to be written.

 

My life is not going to be easy now that I have a record that I will carry for the rest of my life. Although, this isn't something I see as an anchor that will hold back my journey in this road. 

 

"I'm finally free!" I exclaimed wiping the tears I didn't realize that was forming on each side of my eyes— from excitement. 

 

"CHONGA! COME HERE, YOU BIG BABY!" I looked into the direction of a very familiar voice.

 

Shocked was an understatement to describe what I felt upon finally seeing my best friend— gesturing a smug look at me, arms tightly crossed while leaning in a black Porsche Panamera Turbo. 

 

I immediately ran to Jisoo. Soon, she engulfed me in a rib crushing hug. She lifted me off my feet and spun me, making me squeal like a little kid.

 

"Hey put me down, will you?" I chuckled.

 

"Can't help it, I just missed my Pasta, a lot" Jisoo said while settling me down gently. 

 

"Do you not miss your favorite unnie?" she pouted. 

 

"Of course, Jisoo-ni. How could I not miss this gorgeous face of yours?" I playfully kissed her cheek.

 

I saw a faint blush forming on her cheeks, probably amused by my sudden gesture. 

 

"Wah Daebak," I muttered under my breath. "Is it yours?" pointing on the sleek car. 

 

"Yes, in fact, I now owned a billionaire company. Ever since you were—" Jisoo tried to keep a straight face but wasn't able to finish her sentence. She couldn't contain her laughter. 

 

"Yah, I almost believed in you" I slapped her arm before joining her laughter. 

 

"How 'bout we talk in the car? Come on, " we both hopped in and hit the road. 

 

 

×—×

 

 

Looking at a much different scenery outside prison brought some relief to my eyes. I closed my eyes and took the freshness of the air that was hugging my face. I missed being free. 

 

Jisoo cleared making me glance at her. Her eyes still focused on the road.

 

"I'm sorry, Chaeng. I can't take you all the way home. I'll just drop you off the corner, " Jisoo uttered shifting her gaze at my direction for a bit. 

 

"Hey, it's okay. I should be thankful enough of you for picking me up from the center, " I quickly responded, rubbing a hand on her shoulder to assure her that it's really okay. 

 

"Besides, I don't want to be a troublesome," I added with a tight-lipped smile. 

 

"Don't say that, you will never be. We're family, remember?" she placed her free hand on top of mine that was on her shoulder. 

 

"Oh, speaking of trouble, my boss just got landed in the airport. That's why I need to pick her up at exactly 20 minutes from now," Jisoo continued lightening up the mood. 

 

"You don't want to keep that tiny devil waiting. I still love my ears," they both chuckled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

a|n: Hi to my readers (if i even have one), this is my first story. It is actually inspired by an old movie I've watched when I was a kid. I've been a reader for a long time, so I thought, I want to do something new. 

 

I hope you support me and my stories.

 

xx, rj 👻