five

little white lies | chaennie

Roseanne's POV

 

I was walking home on the dim sidewalk of our street when I heard distinct voices. Truly, why would I forget, the people that brought me to my misery.

 

"I said, hand me the money!" Seulgi shouted at someone.

 

As I near to the location of these scrambles, I saw Dalgom, Kuma, and Hank hand in hand. The youngest was shivering in fear.

 

"Yah Kang Seulgi!" I put out my cigarette before joining their banters. "Five years, and you're still the same annoying , aren't you?" I let out a condescending sneer. 

 

"Aunt Rosie!!" In a flash, the three were already hiding behind my back. 

 

"If it isn't the great Roseanne Park. How's your long vacation in prison? I bet you miss it."

 

"You were just lucky before," I'm calming my nerves because of the kids. "What did I tell you about my family? You really are testing me." 

 

They just chuckled at me like I'm a walking joke. I don't care how many they are, I can take them right here and then, but I'm afraid if I did I'd go back in jail.

 

"What did this es, got from you?" I asked the trio. I'm sorry Jisoo for saying bad words in front of the kids, I can't help myself.

 

"They stole our money," Dalgom murmured softly.

 

I turned to Seulgi, she's with Jeongyeon, Ryujin, and Moonbyul. Four to one? I can take them.

 

"This is the time, you give it back. We don't want this to be complicated, do we?"

 

Seulgi smirked, "You want it? Here, reach for it." She placed it inside her pocket. We were about to strangle each other's throat, when two cops passed by.

 

"Is there a problem here? Seulgi? Jeongyeon?" One of the cops said.

 

"No, we just missed each other's presence. You know, LDR stuffs?" I can feel the vomit rising through my chest. Luckily, the cops waved it off and continued walking. 

 

"Hand it over, now." 

 

She gave the money, smacking it hard in my palms. "Here." She didn't let go of my hand. She pulled me in, whispering in my ear, "We're not done yet." 

 

We had piercing gazes. It took a minute before we broke it off.

 

.___.

 

"Kids, what do you want to eat for dinner?" I was looking through the counter on what to cook. I saw a box of noodles, a pack of tomato sauce, and leftover cheese. 

 

"We can make spaghetti," I shouted for them to hear. 

 

"Yay! Chacha pagetti!" they cheered in chorus. Dorks. They are literally three copies of Kim Jisoo. 

 

"Oh I forgot, I bought sausages on the way home. I left it in the porch."

 

"I got it, Aunt Rosie!" Hank appeared in the kitchen counter, smiling at me before running to the porch. Not a second passed by and he suddenly screamed my name. 

 

"Aunt Rosie!!" 

 

I knew they were gonna come. Right before I entered our home, I readied a couple of scrap woods. If I will fight four people, I better get myself ready a weapon. 

 

Hank ran towards me and hugged my leg tightly. "They were asking for you," his voice was muffled by my pants. He joined his brothers standing on the porch. 

 

"I knew you were gonna come, I didn't think it would be this quick. You're here to apologize to the kids, huh?" I glanced at the three cuties then back to Seulgi. 

 

"But don't worry, they already have forgiven all of you, right kids?" Dalgom, Kuma, and Hank were fast enough to say no.

 

I chuckled, scratching the back of my head. "Oops, seems like not." 

 

" you! We don't give a damn, whether they forgive us or not! It's you, who's going to beg for an apology to us after I—" 

 

I didn't let Seulgi finish as I throw my left fist on her jaw, making her stumble on the ground. I dodged Ryujin's attack, swinging my body to where I hid the scrap woods. 

 

I took both of it and swinged it landing on Ryujin's back. When she was losing her balance because of the force, I kicked the back of her knee—she landed, breaking our front fence. 

 

I was suddenly hit on the side by Jeongyeon but stabilize my legs to not fall off. I kicked her sides and hit the side of her ear with my weapon. This time she fell off on the neighbor's wooden fence. 

 

Seulgi managed to get up on her knees. I was about to smack her with the stick, but stopped. "Please, I'm sorry!" She whined. I looked around and saw her three friends, already running away—leaving her behind. I softened a little looking at the kids. 

 

"Apologize to the kids!" 

 

"Yes, I'm sorry kids!" Seulgi yelled, tears b on the sides of her eyes. 

 

"And clean all this mess," I commanded seeing both our home's and the neighbor's fence knocked down. 

 

I lift her by the collar. "I don't wanna see your face again. I don't want you messing up with my family. Do you understand?" I growled lowly. 

 

"Y-yes," she stuttered but managed to answer. As soon as I let go of her, she sprinted away in fear.

 

Yeah you better run, coward.