four

little white lies | chaennie

Jennie's POV

 

Please love me forever

Don't forget me ever

Just listen to my plea

Please don't stop loving me

 

You're in my dreams nightly

Don't take my love lightly

Begging on bended knee

Please don't stop loving me

 

I'm in my bed, typing through my laptop. I'm checking whether there were problems or sold out items that needs to be replenished in my sites. 

 

And a Bobby Vinton song playing in the background somehow gives me a nostalgic vibe as if though I was born around the year it was released. 

 

Please Love Me Forever, one of my favorite songs, from my old vinyl collection—which was given by my dad.

 

He used to play this song on his vintage turntable —which I also got it from him—every single night when I was just a little girl. I would see my mom and dad on the living room swaying to the rhythms of the love song. 

 

Sometimes I ponder, if I would find a love like they have. A love built with mutual respect, trust and intimacy.

 

"Excuse me, Jennie?" Irene barged into my room after knocking a few times. 

 

"What?"

 

"Jisoo's here. She's with the painter," Irene added. 

 

I turned off the turntable, then off I go, to the living room with Irene on my side. 

 

Roseanne's POV

 

Since yesterday, the moment I stepped out of that prison cell, all I'm thinking was how to get a job. Luckily, Jisoo told me about her boss finding someone to paint her house. 

 

I remember during our breaks in middle school, I used to draw and paint on my sketchbook. 

 

Though, I don't have any experience in house painting. What could go wrong, right? Besides, I'm just going to use the same medium—paint. 

 

"Good morning, Miss Kim" I heard Jisoo said on someone, probably her boss, walking down the stairs.

 

I'm standing right now, twiddling my thumbs as I wait, in their veranda connected to the living room, when I saw Jisoo and two women walking in my spot.

 

"That's her," Jisoo stated tilting her head to my side. 

 

! Seriously?! Her boss, who she calls Miss Kim, i think, looks straight outta magazine. She looks like she's naturally photoshop into perfection. 

 

My jaw literally dropped to the ground. And I'm not even exaggerating. My eyes are only fixed at her right now, not planning to take it off any minute now.

 

Miss Kim's mouth formed into a frown and looked at Jisoo. 

 

"Jisoo?" Jisoo hummed in response. 

 

"If I were to visit someone's house, I should definitely greet them or at least bow, right? Out. Of. Respect, " she quipped in gritted teeth, averting her gaze back at me. 

 

Oh gosh, this is so embarrassing. Aside from staring like a love sick puppy, she probably thinks I don't have manners.

 

It's not my fault she screams elegance and class, that I took my time appreciating her beauty. 

 

"Pardon me ma'am. Good morning," Rosé clumsily greeted. 

 

"Jisoo?" said Jennie. 

 

"Yes, Miss?" 

 

"This person you brought, do you know her that well?" 

 

"She's my best friend, I've known her forever." 

 

Her boss hummed in response. After a minute or so, she is walking to where I'm standing. Looking at me (more like judging) from top to bottom with her cold stare. 

 

It made me conscious that I pulled my bottom lip. 

 

"Can you guarantee me that this woman is capable of doing the job?" 

 

"Of course, Miss." 

 

"And what's with the colored hair? If you're going to work for me, I say you dye it back to natural. I don't care if it's black or brown. Anyways, I want you to finish it as quickly as possible. I'll take care of all the materials you'll be needing. Don't get me wrong here, I'm just being careful. If I know, you could be a scammer," she said in a firm tone, mumbling the last of her sentence. But I heard it as clear as a crystal. 

 

Woah. That's all I thought right now. This woman is really pretty that I can stare at her pretty much all day, but if she has this kind of attitude. I doubt I can work with her in peace. 

 

"Miss Kim, right?" She nodded. "Can I talk to Jisoo for a second?" She just shrugged and directed Jisoo to me. 

 

I dragged Jisoo further from where they are standing so that they won't hear what I'm about to say. 

 

"Are you messing up with me?" 

 

"No, why? What's the problem?" 

 

"I thought you said, you're boss was nice? Well, no . Not only is she cocky, but also accusing me?" I sounded like a kid telling my mom I got scolded by my grumpy teacher.

 

"Maybe she woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Jisoo whispered close to my ears. We both laughed at this.

 

"Why Jisoo? Is there something funny that I'm not aware of?" We both stopped and turned to look at her boss—she is raising her brow. 

 

"Nothing, Miss." 

 

She didn't buy it as she walks by, what a sight for sore eyes (jk hahaha). She moved to our direction and stopped in front of me, closer than I can imagine. She caught me smiling like a fool to her. 

 

"What are you smiling at?" Miss Kim scowled at me. I didn't say a word. 

 

"Jisoo? Did I say something funny to be laughed at?" she added raising her voice a little. I can hear the sound from here that she's gritting her teeth. 

 

"I don't think so, Miss? Did you?" my best friend replied immediately. 

 

"Jisoo? Can you tell your friend, don't smile at me unless I do so. Tell her, quick," she demanded Jisoo but looking straight to my eyes. It's not like I can't hear her from here.

 

"What she said," Jisoo followed.

 

"Yeah, I heard," I coughed at how awkward this is. 

 

"There, Miss," Jisoo stated while smiling at her.

 

Her boss turned her back at us. I sighed in relief, but not long enough, she once again called Jisoo. 

 

"Jisoo? Can you also tell your friend that the total pay would be $300 for the whole house."

 

Jisoo looked at me once again and I nodded. "Chu, can you ask your boss if I'm allowed to speak?" 

 

Miss Kim immediately turned her head, arms are crossed at her chest. "Say something then," she said more like a command. This woman, really.

 

"Miss, isn't that a little underpay? Your house is huge. If it's up to me, I say five hundred," Considering the size of her house, this could be a size of a mall. It would take a week to finish the whole. 

 

"Okay deal, four hundred. That's it. You'll start tomorrow. Let's go, Jisoo." 

 

Jisoo followed her track. Her boss halted when she remembered something, i think. 

 

"Wait, tomorrow on your first day, I don't wanna see that color on your hair. And take a bath or whatever. Are we clear?"

 

"Uhm..why do I need to dye my hair if I'm just going to paint your house?" I don't get it, it's not like I'm working on an office or something. 

 

"No dye, no job. Choose." 

 

"Job," I sighed in defeat. 

 

"Good. Now, come on, Jisoo."

 

"Ah Miss, how about we give Chaeng a lift to the station since that's just around the store we'll be heading?" Jisoo babbled, nudging my shoulder. 

 

"Really? How about I fire you instead?" 

 

Jisoo laughed like a mad man. "Can't take a joke, huh? Let's go, Miss." She mouthed a 'sorry' to me. They then left me and Irene. 

 

Irene walked to me. "I'm sorry, don't mind my cousin. But she's actually a nice person."

 

"Oh, it's okay. I mean it's obvious on the way she speaks, it appears that she's 'really' nice." I quoted the word really. "Maybe, its the hormones? Women tend to be sensitive and gets irritated quick during their first trimester?" 

 

"What? She's not pregnant and as far as I know she's very much single right now," Irene muttered. 

 

"Or the moon could be full?" I just chuckled. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________

 

Don't be hesitant to give your thoughts. I appreciate if you leave your comment. 

 

xx, rj 👻