Chapter 3

Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“SANA!” I heard a yell from the other end of the room. I flinched and shot up and ran over to the yell. 

“WHAT IS THIS?!” the chairman of the company I worked in yelled

“I… Sir?” I asked. 

“The only reason I haven’t fired you yet is because my grandson says he wants you and only you as his secretary. But this time you have no choice but to face the consequences. What is this?” He yelled

I squinted my eyes and tried to read the document. Wait… what? How could I miss it? Oh no.. I was surely dead. I bit my lip and looked down

“THIS WAS A MEETING WITH THE AUTHORITIES SANA! AUTHORITIES! HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING? YOUR CLUMSINESS HAS CAUSED US EXTRA TROUBLE YOU FOOL!” He yelled. I could feel the tears threatening to fall. I held it back and kneeled in front of him and apologised. “ I am truly very sorry sir. I.. Will do anything to make it up to you”

“You’re fired” He snapped

“Wh-What?” I stammered

“I’ve had enough of your nonsense. You’re fired. Get OUT!” He yelled at me pointing at the door. I stood up and walked back to my desk. I grabbed my bag and belongings and ran out of the building. I didn’t stop the tears this time. They fell onto my cheeks and I sobbed as I ran to nowhere. I stopped near a bench and slumped onto it crying. 

Why was my life this miserable? Why did it always have to hit me this hard? How much more could I take in my life? I pulled out my phone and called Mina. I knew she was in an audition, but I really needed someone. I called her twice but it seemed like she was busy. I wiped my tears and hopped onto the nearest taxi I could find. I opened the door to our apartment and dumped my bag onto the couch. I grabbed a spoon and yanked the tub of ice cream out of the freezer and began to devour it. I let all my anger out on the ice cream and munched on it. 

“Oh ho ho! You look like an angry squirrel” I heard someone say from behind me.. It was  Jeong

“Shut up” I snapped. My mood went back to the sad and depressed state and I wanted to cry. Again. 

“Who made our dear squirrel mad? Another suitor?” she teased

“I said shut up!” I yelled as my eyes filled up. She was quiet for a whole second before sitting down next to me and pulling me to her. The moment she wrapped her arms around me I began to sob. I don’t know for how long I stayed in her arms crying and telling her about what happened because when I finally stopped crying I noticed that Dahyun and Jihyo were back home. Dahyun was rubbing my back from the other side while Jihyo was squatting in front of me holding my hand. 

“We’re here with you Sana unnie” Dahyun said as she hugged me from the back. 

“Sana, go wash your face.. You’ll feel better. We can talk once your feeling better” Jeong said 

“Just go take a warm shower Sana, it will make you feel better,” Jihyo added. I nodded and wiped my eyes before heading to my room to freshen up.

I walked out wearing my favorite squirrel PJ’s and sat down at the dinner table. Mina and Tzuyu were back and they seemed excited. I wanted to smile but I felt so heavy. 

“Ooh! Sana unnie you’re here!!” Tzuyu squealed. I ignored her and took a sip of water. 

“Uh… let’s start eating” Dahyun interrupted her and pointed to the food. I didn’t move a finger to touch the food so Jeong just took it as a sign to put the food on my plate for me. I looked at her and half smiled. She winked at me and began to eat.

“So… How was your day?” Jihyo started trying to make the atmosphere more lively

“Um.. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter