Chapter 10

Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana

"Sana unnie, we're there.. Aren't you getting off?" Dubu asked me. I nodded and followed them into the small restaurant. Nayeon and Jeong seemed to be stuck together the whole time and Jihyo and Mina were hopping behind them while Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Dahyun were chatting away. Momo and I slowly treaded behind them and I sat in the empty seat beside Mina while Momo sat next to Nayeon unnie. 

"So what would you like to have?" Nayeon unnie asked us all. I peeked into the menu Mina was holding and glanced at the various items available. 

"Oh Tzu sometime later this week, I'll take you a to a place where they make heavenly bread! It's a place where they make homemade and traditional Italian bread, and it's served fresh and hot. It's just soo good! You will absolutely love it" Chaeyoung gushed and Tzuyu's eyes widened and she nodded eagerly 

"I want to try those risotto balls you keep praising, bunny" Jeong said and Nayeon unnie nodded eagerly.  

"I want this Pasta Carbonara" Jihyo said while Mina  asked for a garlic tomato Bruschetta. I just went for an Alfredo sauce pasta. I was to lazy to actually find something new and unique since my mind was in  shock. I barely listened to the conversation and tuned it out while I just made a show of looking around when I was actually sorting through the thoughts in my head.  

"Wine or water or soft drinks?" Nayeon unnie asked us. 

"Uh.. Shouldn't we be careful since we have a shoot tomorrow?" Mina asked biting her lip. 

"Why do you need to be careful and hesitant when the CEO is right here? She makes the rules and I'm pretty sure she doesn't care about what we eat" Nayeon unnie said with a snort hitting Momo's shoulder. Momo winced and shrugged before asking the waiter to get the best bottle of wine they had. 

I found it hard to hold my smile at that statement and ended up giggling like a fool. 

We engaged in some vague and small talk as we waited for the food. And when it did arrive, my mouth began to water at the sight of all those dishes. The smells that filled my nose were indescribable. The spices, the herbs, the creamy looks of the pasta all made my mouth water. I wasted no time in putting some of it onto my plate. I dug into it instantly unable to resist the food in front of me. The taste exploded in my mouth and I melted in my seat. It was delicious! The creamy texture of the sauce, the taste of basil, oregano, thyme and rosemary were so prominent and the perfect amount of it was added making this pasta something special. 

"Mmm!" Jeong exclaimed as she too ate her food.  

"I know right?" Jihyo said agreeing with her as she too savored her food with a wide smile. I looked at Dahyun and Tzuyu who seemed to be enjoying too. Mina was smiling giddily and eating and I giggled at the face she was making. She looked like a fish. 

"You look like a fish" I heard someone - no Chaeyoung say  

"No I don't" Mina huffed and pouted, only making her look like a cuter fish. I bit back my laughter and bit into my food instead.  

"See? I told you! " Nayeon unnie told Jeong snapping her fingers in the air.  

"Fine! Okay I agree that the food here is great!" Jeong said holding her hand out to defend herself from her violent bunny of a girlfriend.  

I snuck a look at Momo while trying to act discreet as I rolled my fork in the spaghetti, and found her to have an empty plate. She was nursing a glass of red wine and occasionally sipped it. She looked lost. I wanted to talk to her, to say the things I should have all those years ago, I wanted to be the reason she smiled again... But I knew I'd have to tread carefully. Now that I finally found her, I would work hard to win her over. 

"Um... Sana unnie? You're uh scratching the plate" Dahyun rambled pointing to where my fork was being rotated and swirled. I'd totally forgotten about my pasta and had been mindlessly swirling the fork on my plate. I ducked my head in embarrassment while the others chuckled.  

"You're not going to eat Mo?" I heard Jeong ask as she finally looked away from her food and turned to the silent girl in the corner. 

"Nope.. She will be eating later.." Chaeyoung said as she took a second serving of pasta. 

"For someone who is short, she sure eats a lot... I wonder how all that food didn't help her grow" Mina mumbled aloud and Tzuyu snickered while Nayeon unnie howled. Momo too had a faint smirk on her face while Mina suddenly went red as she realized she'd said it aloud. And Chaeyoung... Oh boy... She was fuming. If looks could kill, Mina would have been dead by now. That was how strong Chaeyoung' s  glare was. She tried to take a deep breath and calm herself before retorting.  

"You! But, we share a mutual feeling of doubt. I for one, don't understand how you were hired since you look like a penguin!" Chaeyoung fumed and all of us widened our eyes. No one. No one had ever raised their voice and yelled at Mina. And no one who had done so before, had ever walked out of the quarrel alive. No one dared to yell at Myoui Mina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter