Chapter 4

Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo

"Maybe we should add some lace on the sleeves" I suggested 

"But, won't it make it uncomfortable?" Chaengie asked as she examined the dress 

"This material is itchy, but we can always line it with another cloth so that it isn't uncomfortable" I said as I felt the lace on my arm.

"Okay, uh.. the stitching for this side is a little tricky. If we need to get a pleat here, we may not be able to add the bow.." Mieka added. Mieka along with Chae was one of our most innovative designers. Mieka and I were both from Japan. We'd known each other since we were toddlers. 

"Huh?" Nayeon unnie asked with a frown.

"The bow will cover the pleat. The whole point of adding a pleat there would go in vain" she explained.

"I don't know about that unnie.." Chae said as she placed the bow and asked me to make a pleat on the skirt to see if it really spoils the design.

"See? It's not that bad" She said

"Hmm.. what material is the bow going to be made of again?" Nayeon unnie asked squinting at the dress. I scratched my head looking at it. Something seemed off. 

"Satin maybe? I don't know" Mieka hummed

"Ohh what if.." Chae started as she stared at the model dress.

"Yeah?" I prodded knowing that she was thinking of something nice.

"Is the bow really needed? I mean we weren't given any specifics.  I was thinking we go for a portrait back. It goes well with the lace. And the dress can either pool at the feet or can hug the figure." She suggested

"That can be done too" I said nodding my head as I visualized the dress in my head.

"Cool, what about the sleeves?" Mieka asked

"That I am not sure" Chae admitted rubbing her nape.

"Let's go for short sleeves and perhaps add a slit at the side to strike a pose. It's perfect for the red carpet" Nayeon unnie gushed. I nodded and made note of our ideas. This seemed to be a better dress for an actress attending an award show.  Chae and Mieka decided to start working on it while Nayeon unnie and I went back to my office.

"Ah Momo.. I forgot to tell you this earlier. Since we didn't find any new faces during the fashion week at London and Paris, the team decided to hold another audition and found two stunning beauties in Seoul. They are new to this industry, but are drop dead gorgeous. I mean that's what I heard. I was told they'd be arriving here tomorrow. It-" she started

"Tomorrow? And you're telling me now? Unnie!" I whined

"What? I myself was told about this a few hours ago"

"Hours? Really unnie?" I said with a huff. 

"What? I forgot about it! Besides, it was a surprise apparently" She said defending herself.  I rolled my eyes and opened the door to my office.

"Oh, and my girlfriend is coming to visit!" She squealed and started to jump up and down. I sighed but smiled at her antics. I had met her girlfriend only once in person but had heard a lot about her and had spoken to her during video calls and occasionally also texted her. So yeah I knew her. She was great. They both loved each other and they were perfect. 

"Can she pleaseee stay with us?" Unnie begged and jumped up and down like a bunny. I snorted and nodded. Who could resist her? 

"Yayyyy!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter