HeeSoul | It's Just Indifference

Our Little Rendezvous

A/N: these are jus snippets from a scrapped 2nd part of "Why Do You Misbehave?" .. i do plan to finish it but i dont think i'll ever push through with it 3

 

 

 

—You've ruined my life, by not being mine.

You're so gorgeous
I can't say anything to your face
'Cause look at your face
And I'm so furious
At you for making me feel this way

 

 

 

Her grip on the wheel tightens. She thought they were going to talk back at the agency.. Sooyoung quickly glances at the injured girl through the mirror and lets a shaky breath slip through her. "You never get injuries."

 

"Do I?"

 

Sooyoung purses her lips.

 

"Hey, entertain me."

 

"You don't." Sooyoung momentarily falters. "You always come back scot-free of anything. Not a single scratch either. It's admirable, but scary."

 

Heejin releases a puff of laughter through her nose. "How so?"

 

"Can't you just focus on your wound?" Sooyoung's eyebrows knit together. "You're acting like you don't care about yourself."

 

"No one does, Yves."

 


 

"Can't you be my dance partner instead?" Chaewon, specifically Princess Park Chaewon, whines to Heejin. Her lips fall into a frown as she looks down on her gown and masquerade mask. "This is humiliating.." Her voice weakens, resorting to mumbling her words.

 

Chaewon looks up, glaring at herself through the mirror. Her eyes fall upon Heejin and sees her offer a small smile through the Princess' mirror. "I'm afraid I can't do that, Princess."

 

The Princess chuckles at her strange demeanor. "Why are you so tense around me, Jeon Heejin?" She turns around, slinging her arm over her chair and cheekily grins at the older girl. "You act like we haven't met before. I've told you to drop the formalities, stupid."

 

Heejin playfully rolls her eyes. "Well, the times we've met before, I wasn't hired by your family to be your bodyguard! I was your friend. Tonight, I'm gonna be protecting you at all costs, Princess," She puts more emphasis on the title, knowing how the younger despised it.

 


 

It's stupid, how she tripped on nothing but thin air. In the ballroom filled with people of importance, and most importantly, to protect no less. Heejin scoffs, about to help herself up, but a hand comes into view. Heejin hesitates, but takes it in the end, worried it may be a royal. Putting on her best charmed smile, Heejin finally looks up to meet eyes with them, only for her heart to drop down to her stomach, spreading a sense of dread through her nerves the moment she saw whose eyes were behind the mask.

 

She reflects the same smile. "May I have this dance?"

 

Heejin motions to reject the offer, but she gets roped into the dance floor, and there's no backing out. Reluctantly, she lets her fingers slip between her partner's. They share a nod and begin situating themselves into the crowd's rhythm. After nearly a minute of silence between them, Heejin seethes, "..I do love this song."

 

"So?"

 

"So, don't ruin it, Jeong."


 
Jinsol chuckles just as she pushes Heejin's front against hers. "Well, which one of us is leading then? Oh, as a general rule, please do step on the floor when dancing, and not on your partner's toes."

 

"I've been dancing around to avoid you. I'm pretty sure I've got the experience for this." Heejin pushes her away, but not enough to garner suspicion from others. "Try not to stab me and maybe I'll follow."

 

"I could say the same, Jeon." Jinsol positions her feet behind Heejin's, causing the girl to trip. The younger squeaks out a gasp. Jinsol lowly whistles, quickly maneuvering to lead Heejin into a little twirl instead of embarrassing herself any further. "Falling for me already?" She smirks.

 

Heejin blinks. "No one in their right mind would ever fall for you," She bites back behind gritted teeth.

 

Jinsol finds her annoyance amusing and it shows. "So, I take that as a yes." She tugs Heejin back close to her. "Gorgeous suit, by the way."

 

"You hate dresses." Heejin comments after checking Jinsol's outfit. "The mask is a considerable improvement for you. I say keep it on." Looking back into her eyes, Heejin finds her wearing a strange glint within her orbs. "What?"

 

She shakes her head, dismissive. "Nothing, nothing." Jinsol bites her lip to fight the goofy grin threatening to break out. "I'm just flattered you remembered something about me."