JinSeul | Tug of War

Our Little Rendezvous

 

Sometimes it hurts.

 

It hurts because you know they're supposed to be with you.

 

But faith likes to toy with you. It treats it as if it were a mere game.

 

Jinsol bubbles up giggles as she shakes her fist in happiness. Sooyoung's eyes sparkle seeing how her stupid jokes makes Jinsol like this.

Hyejoo comes in to ruin their wholesome moment, groaning as loud as she can be which results in Chaewon and Yerim to stifle their laughter when Sooyoung side-eyes Hyejoo.

Kahei, with a knowing smile, shakes her head at the two as she gives Yeojin more food to chomp on. The latter happily accepts it with a few words of gratitude.

Jiwoo places more of her tupperware on the table, because in her words "Let's recycle more! We need to save the environment, you know?".

She hasn't let them order take-out without it ever since.

Heejin slides the tupperware filled with bread towards Hyunjin, who makes a strange expression to the older. Heejin only smiles at her.

 

Haseul glances at Jungeun hopelessly looking at Jinsol and Sooyoung. She eyes the thin crimson tied around Jungeun's and Sooyoung's pinky together.

She looks on over to Jinsol's, following the yarn's other end. The one tied neatly on her own pinky. Haseul lightly lifts it up, seeing how the thin gold decorating it shines in this angle.

 

Sometimes, she wants to tugs on the string.

 

And so, Haseul does.

 

Haseul's left fingers graze over the red and gold, feeling how soft the string is, a small smile curves up on her lips.

She slowly retracts her right hand, watching the crimson starting to stiffen into a line. Haseul's eyes lock onto Jinsol's left pinky. 

 

Haseul harshly tugs.

 

She watches Jinsol's left hand suddenly move slightly forward. Haseul's eyes cartoonishly widen at the action. She didn't think it'd work.

Jinsol surely felt it, seeing how her eyebrows furrow. She looks dead straight at Haseul with eyes glistening with curiosity and confusion.

Haseul, with internalized panic, blanks out at the sudden eye contact with her destined lover. They stare at one another, with minds filled with questions that are yet to be answered.

 

Jinsol's the one to break away.

 

Haseul feels a heavy weight being placed on her chest, her heart sadly aches at the way Jinsol looks on to Sooyoung.

Her head naturally finds its place on Jungeun's shoulder. Haseul heaves out a sigh.

 

Haseul supposes she's gonna have to play along the game.

 

But-

 

"Haseul, can you tie Sooyoung and I's string together?"

 

Faith's a bit cruel.

 

 



A/N: inspired by Dodie's song "You"!

 

okay first of all, the last part happens when Jinsol pulls Haseul away to a hidden place to ask the question.

so- Haseul has the ability to see the string. she can also toy with it if she pleases, but she's never tried it before. and Jinsol's the only one that knows of her ability.
this was supposed to be its own fic.. i just can't get myself to write it out but i didn't want the idea to go to waste! so if anyone wants to, they can write this out (but gift it to me so i can see!)