Chapter 4

Call Me Adina

Adina woke early one Wednesday morning feeling rested which confused her. She had actually gotten a full eight hours of sleep even after a three-hour-long phone conversation with Chris. 

"Maybe it was because of that phone conversation," she said to herself. Adina noticed that her phone was full of Discord notifications from Melissa and Ami. She chuckled at their excited messages to her asking about last night.

Ami: Adina Bean! When you wake I want a full rundown. 

Melissa: Or just whenever you get a chance. 

Adina: Guys we just talked. Nothing big. 

Ami: Mhmm ok. Well, His dating ban is up in about a month. 😉 

Adina: I think you're getting ahead of yourself Ami. 

Melissa: Just invite us to the wedding. 

Adina giggled as she hopped into the shower to get ready for school. Last night was pretty nice to just talk about anything and everything. Her phone dinged while she was in the shower. 

Emily: No school. I think you know why.

Adina didn't know why but instinct told her to look outside. She sprinted towards the window to see a heavy dusting of snow covering the ground. Adina couldn't see where the street was.

"This was what Chris was talking about last night." He had mentioned that he may have the day off due to transportation. Adina figured he assumed that she paid attention to the weather. After seeing the snow she immediately went to put on her comfy clothes to curl up and watch tv with a cup of hot chocolate. She silently thanked herself for picking up hot chocolate mix the other day on her way home from work as she waited for the water to get hot. 

She gathered her blanket and the hot chocolate and curled up on the couch. As she began binge watch the newest Kdrama her mind wondered. Adine wondered what Chris was doing at the moment. She figured he was still sleeping if they didn't have to go into the studio. Looking at the empty side of the couch she tried to imagine him there enjoying a cup of hot chocolate sharing her blanket. Her cheeks turned pink thinking about the intimate moment in her mind. 

Adina was close to falling asleep when someone knocked at her door. The jarring sound made her sit up and her heart rate rise.  

"It's not him Adina. Stop panicking," she breathed as she got up and headed for the door. Looking through the peephole on the door she took a sigh of relief seeing it was Chris. Then, panic set in realizing he was at her door and she looked like a mess. After taking a breath she opened the door to see his big smile. 

"Adina!"  

"Chris! I thought you would be asleep." She stepped to the side letting him in. 

"I thought you would be too since schools are closed today and tomorrow." 

"See I didn't know till I had gotten my shower. Figured I would spend the day curled up with a good show. Surprised you're not with the guys playing in the snow making some cute video to tweet."

"Yeah, they wanted to do that later so they could sleep late. So, I figured that I'd come see you for a bit." He took his jacket off and hung it up next to her's. 

"Well, since you're here I guess I should offer you hot chocolate?" She went to turn the kettle on. 

"Sounds amazing!" He followed her over to the kitchen and leaned against the counter watching her. While she waited for the water to finish heating up she looked over to see him looking at her. 

"What is it?" 

"Hmm?" Chris knew he got caught, "Oh, nothing. Do you possibly have marshmallows?" 

"Yeah! You want some with your hot chocolate?" He nodded his head and watched as she got up on her tiptoes to get to the marshmallows. 

"You need help?" He laughed. 

"Well, it's not like you're that much taller than me," Adina huffed. 

"No but I do work out." He walked over behind her and lifted her up high enough to get the marshmallows. Adina thanked him without turning around fearing the color of her cheeks. She tried to not think about how his arms felt around her waist and his chest against her back. 

She got both of their mugs ready and handed him one before heading back to the couch. He tilted his head trying to figure out what she was watching, "I'm sorry I was binge-watching one of the shows on my watch list."

"Hey, I'm up to watch anything." He went and sat at the far side of the couch and stuck his feet under the blanket. Adina stood silent for a moment realizing he was where she imagined him being right before she fell asleep. After she realized she had just been standing there awkwardly she resumed her positioned on the couch under the blanket. 

"I've been wanting a day like this for a while," she sighed. 

"Being snowed in?" 

"Getting to curl up with hot cocco with nowhere to go." 

Chris stretched out his legs as he settled in keeping an eye on Adina making sure he didn't do anything to make her feel uncomfortable. She took a sip of her drink and began to settle in. His legs were cold next to hers's but she expected that from him walking out in the snow. She was surprised at how comfortable she felt around him. His presence was comforting. 

She wasn't sure at what point in the drama her eyes felt heavy but she fought sleep for as long as she could. After a while she finally fell asleep on the couch with her legs stretched out next to Chris'. He realized he hadn't made a comment on the show in a while and that was when he noticed she had fallen asleep. He chuckled admiring her features as she was sleeping. Without thinking he began to trace circles on her ankle with his thumb. His phone buzzed from Felix texting him. 

Felix: When are you coming back? Also, do you want breakfast?

Chris: In a few hours and I had breakfast this morning. It noon now. 

Felix: We all slept in! 

Chris: I'll be back around dinner time. 

Fleix: Fine fine. See you when you get back. 

Chris paused the show and settled in letting sleep take over him. He needed a lazy day like this. Adine was right. It's nice to have a day with nowhere to go. 

 

 

AN: Hope you guys enjoyed the fluff chapter!!! I wish it would snow down here so I could curl up with some hot coco. -.- But noooo I have to live in the southeast United States.