Chapter 6

UNSEEN (Female Version)


Four months later...

The cold wet thing was put on my bare womb while the doctor started moving the probe on it. As the probe touched my tummy, the sound of the baby's heartbeat filled the room. The heartbeat also raised mine. Watching through the monitor the baby's face pulled my lips into a smile. The baby's pointed nose and closed eyes in my tummy brought me back like I was watching sleeping Jisung. The longer I looked at the baby, my eyes became blurred by water. Sniffing my sudden runny nose, I wiped my wet cheek immediately. 

"The baby's gender is..."

"Wait, Doctor!" I held the doctor's hand fast as I look at the middle-aged woman with the glasses on that was sitting beside me. "The baby's gender, I..." 

"Why Ms. Chaeyoon?" 

"I mean..."

"Please don't tell me until I am ready..." I whispered in a low voice with a faintly smile. 

*****((()))*****

It was the same night as before since he knew my pregnancy. He kept his promise to protect us, both me and the baby inside me. Hari was busy cleaning the dishes after we got dinner and he was in the bathroom. Taking a rest, I took a seat on the couch he used to sleep and folded his work suit that was sprawling everywhere on the couch. The splashed water was still running in the bathroom and I found his opened wallet that fell on the floor. Taking a look at the wallet, he put in our selfie photo with our heads glued to each other in white. That was the day when we engaged with each other. When I said yes to his proposal. Pulling a smile I caressed the picture and put the wallet back to his suit pocket. I put the folded suit on the table and I prepared for his blanket. 

Caressing my lower abdomen that is growing bigger I help myself to stand up and went to my bedroom to pick the blanket he always uses in my drawer. Holding my lower abdomen and tiptoeing to pick the blanket that was put on a high shelf. After struggling to pick it up, the blanket fell on the floor. Sighing, I looked down to take it back. 

"Here..." Hari handed me the fell blanket to me all of a sudden. 

"Thanks, Hari-ssi!" Taking the blanket, I smiled and passed her. 

"Chaeyoon-ssi, this is..." she handed me the sonogram photo of the baby I got today. That made me feel guilty only looking at that. I remembered when we ate dinner together in the kitchen and I hesitated on giving the picture to him that ended with only looking at him eating his dinner. 

"Do you hesitate to let him know about this?" She said gingerly. Ignoring her question with a smile, I took the picture with me. After I took the picture, I left her. 

I put the blanket on the table beside the couch. The photo that Hari had given to me, distracted me. Gazing at the photo I brought, I caressed my womb lightly. Tons of thought messed my mind. My sight strayed away everywhere in the room. With his presence since I am pregnant, my heart weakened as time goes by his presence. Biting my lower lip in paused for a long time until I hear the shower in the bathroom lowered until it stopped. Scrunching my brows in worry, finally, I should do that. 

'It is because he is the baby's father.' 

Walking away from the couch, I went to my bedroom. As I reached the bedroom, I was facing Hari who looked serious that day. 

*****((()))*****

I closed my eyes while leaning my back on my work chair after signing the last document that Shin Woohyun had given to me. Roaming the view of my workroom, I sighed deeply. The television that was playing since I came kept showing Mount's product's issues lately that was caused by me. I folded my lips uneasily only hearing the news but, I must do it as it had been planning by my brother that I found in his workroom in his apartment.

The first plan he had written is to drag them down and let them announcing the cause of Ridge's Director's death they hide five years ago. 
Scrunching my brows with the sudden pain in my chest when I saw the picture of Jisung that was being shadowed with a caption saying how bad he is as the new heir of Mount. The back history of him as Cassanova also being spread even though it wasn't the main topic that was related to the main issues. Many of them doubted his capability to lead the company. Shutting my eyes tight, I wanted to release my nerve from the overboard news about him. Even though he was my rival but, he is still the father of my baby. 

'Tsk! That is the reason Jonghyun Oppa always told me to separate both feeling and logic. Especially it is revenge.'

Looking down at my tummy that was already showing its existence, I was forced to smile. My palm caressed it gently. 

'I am sorry that your father should go through this even though he knows nothing.'

'Clack'

Suddenly, I heard my door was being opened and I turned my eyes to see her in her sweatpants and jacket with a box of lunch and a bottle of milk. Stopping in front of my desk, she smiled and put them on my table.

"Thank you, Hari-ssi."

"Chaeyoon-ssi, I am sorry I can't accompany you home today. I might come home late today. I should find the new place to live after the exercise." 

"I don't mind if you stay longer in my place, though." I pouted. The time we spent when she came to my apartment gave me a calmness since I can tell her stories I always hide. With those, I felt much closer and she is like my sister. But, she told me she needs to find a  place to stay even though she will be always on my side. 

"I am the one who is uncomfortable to be in your place. I am always being like a third-wheel, though." She smiled at me which make me raise my brows. 

"You wouldn't be that far from me, right?"

"What do you imagine with this routine of delivering a super healthy meal for you and protecting you from morning to night?" she teased me. 

"You don't have to deliver this though, let's have lunch together than eating this alone!"

"And I will get a scold from him?" she grinned mocking at me. 

"You are brave to talk back to me after taking martial arts class. You are even being obedient to him than me." I sighed while opening the meal. Taking the spoon, I slowly started eating the meal that Jisung had already prepared from the restaurant he put in his trust always. The grandmother's restaurant.

*****((()))*****

Walking by myself through the hallway of my apartment, I wrapped my jacket tighter. The sudden weird feeling was coming since I left the company. Keeping in my mind positively that it might be caused by my pregnancy, I took my steps faster since it was only me.  

As I was walking through the hallway, I felt someone was following me. Taking a stop, I turned myself and found no one there. The feeling somewhat disturbed me and I rushed my steps to reach my apartment soon. But, the faster I took my steps, I heard the sound of another step other than me overlapped mine. Opening the apartment door fast, I felt my body was hugged by someone from behind while my mouth was being covered. In a second, I had found myself was already in the bathroom near the main door after the person locked the door. 

I can't even figure what was happening, I heard the sound of someone was fighting with another person after I was locked in the dark bathroom. Through the darkness of the bathroom, I can hear the sound of breaking things and glasses from outside. I didn't know how many people there, but, it must be more than one. 

Almost losing my breath, I realized that not only outside is dangerous. I peeked at the silhouette of the person that hugged me since I opened the door. The person's hand also wrapped my baby bump, the fact itself, raised my heartbeat. Gingerly, I tried to unwrap the person's hand but he held me even tighter. 

'Please, don't do that to my baby!'

"Don't make a sound!" finally I heard the person deep's voice whispering right in my ear. Hearing his voice, I almost lost my balance in relief. The situation brought me back to the day when someone was trying to harm me in the hospital. 

'What is happening after months of silent after the failed one in the hospital while I was hospitalized?'

The fighting was over when I heard the voice that similar to Taemu and Hari calling for us. 

"That's over!" 

Slowly, Jisung lessened his grab on me. Releasing his hug he led the way, he opened the locked door and stopped right after he saw something. Trying to look at the situation, I froze when I found two men were facing down to the floor under Hari and Taemu with their hands being tied with fabric. Instead of looking at the mess in the apartment, I looked at the face full of bruises and blood under them. Suddenly, my eyes locked on the one I was familiar with. 

"Shin Woohyun-ssi."

*****((()))*****

The sirens were ringing loudly outside the police station. Facing the police officer that was processing the report I made, I waited while holding my trembling hands. Remembering the one I reported was the one that my brother's right-hand, who was also the one that tried to harm me when I was hospitalized. I felt the shiver until I lost my words. The view of Shin Woohyun was trying to stab me but at the same time, he was so kind to me since my brother was hospitalized made me even stupider to not even put the awareness through this. Luckily, Hari and Taemu were always standing beside me also Jisung. 

After the report was done,  the police let me go home. Walking weakly to the lobby, I found Taemu and Hari also in bruises while Jisung came to me immediately as he looked at me coming after making the report. He wrapped me with his coat and hugged my shoulders gently leading the way to them.

"Hari-ssi and Taemu-ssi..." I sighed while biting my lower with my wrong feeling. They shouldn't have to do that. They even got beaten. 'Is it the reason Hari-ssi taking the martial arts? To protect me?'. I looked at their faces that were still showing their smiles to me. 'Is it only me who didn't know about this? Even Jisung knew this.'

"It is fine!" Taemu woke up from where he sits and also Hari. With a smile, they tried to lessen my wrong feeling, but it also made me regret what I have done to them. The way I put them in the situation that they always protect me. 

"You should have a rest, Chaeyoon-ssi," Hari said with a faint smile. My heart hurt to see the bruises on her side lips and under her eyes. She has a pretty face, but now she has the same view when she was being beaten by her uncle at that time. 

"Hari-ssi, let's go home!" I asked while approaching her. 

"No, I told you that I found the new living place." She smiled while holding my hands tightly. 

"Where is that?" 

"Don't worry about that Chaeyoon-ssi! I will protect her. You should have a rest, first. The baby is tired already." Taemu replied while holding Hari's hand. 

*****((()))*****

I never imagine this before, here I am again. Coming back to this home. The place that I wanted to leave for so long to erase the memories about us. The time when I already made up my mind to go back to the first plan I came to his life. Seducing him wasn't the important one, but the pieces of evidence of Mount hiding the truth of someone's death was the one I was looking for. And now I am back again at this place, while still wondering what will happen with us after all that had happened. I can't put my hope to be back again at him. Even a normal person wouldn't do that after they made a mistake. 

'I am the shameless here, Chaeyoon,'

Holding my tears, I was reminded of everything he had done to me that always lingered to me. Such an Irony he said. The word that was perfectly described what we've been through. Everything mixed both the longing for our love but also the urge for revenge. I didn't even know what was with me that day. The longing or the urge for revenge. I can't even put the line between them. Everything became vague. And it was a mess inside me. 

Coming back to the reality I felt again the mixed feeling when he was around. The mixed feeling had started since he parked his car in this house. And the fact that was only us in this house. Like we used to do. Carefully I took a step entering the place again. 

As I took a step, I roamed the place and still find it the same. Slowly, he led me to his bedroom. The place I stayed since we were together. Without words, he let me take a seat on the edge of the bed, and he left me alone. As he left, the shadows of us as lovers appeared like screaming that I am the woman that was also in love there. My heart wrenched when I remembered all the memories without leaving it even only a piece. 

Not long after that, he came with a glass of water. As he took a seat beside me, he gave me the glass. Wetting my dried throat with the water, I gulped it slowly with his stare at me. 

"Thanks, Jisung-ssi," I whispered while putting the glass on the bedside table. Instead of answering, he smiled at me and pulled out a strand of hair of mine. 

"Have a good rest!" he said and tried to wake up. 

"Jisung-ssi!" Unconsciously, I held his hand before he left. I didn't know what I had done. The only one I knew he is fighting for us while I am still in hesitation. Even though he already showed much, I am still putting my doubt on him. 

Peeking at my eyes, he turned to face me. Silence, I gulped my throat and diverted my gaze to the floor. After the long paused, I felt he took a seat back next to me. 

"Why? Do you miss me?" he said which makes me turned my face to him. We froze when our eyes met. I can't describe what was that. My heart both in pain and relief only looking at his eyes. My tears pooled in my eyes until the view of him became blurry. After a while and no one started breaking the ice, he bent down and put his hand on my baby bump. 

"Uhm, do you miss me, my child? You must be shocked and tired today. How about you take a rest? Don't worry! Daddy will always beside you." He said in a low voice to my baby bump while caressing it lightly. Looking like the baby knew it was him, I felt a kick came from my baby bump. Naturally, I caressed the place the baby kicked where Jisung's hand was placed. Paused, I looked down to see his reaction, but I only see his smile on my baby bump and not bothered by my hand on his. "How smart you are! Yes, this is Daddy's voice. Daddy is proud of you." He said as giving a peck to my baby bump. 

The view itself weakened my heart. 

'How tough your heart is, Chaeyoon!'

I still remembered the news of him today, the accident that involved Shin Woohyun, the trusted person, and all the small acts of him reappeared. Starting from he knew my pregnancy until now, he never left me. And as his rival, I also got him in trouble. But, in the end, he is still standing beside me. Holding my tears, my other hand slowly rubbed his hair softly. As I caressed his hair, I felt how much I had dragged him down, not only his company but also him, as the pure lover. Caressing his hair grew my remorse until I felt my tear escaped. 

'You've done so much to me and our child, thank you so much, Jisung-ssi!' 

Pulling his head from my baby bump slowly, he stared at me. As our eyes met, he questioned my moves with his teary eyes. Taking a deep breath as I shut my eyes, I leaned my face closer to him. As our lips met, I let my tears out wetting my face.

'How can I always hurt him but he is always protecting me?' 

I moved my lips softly as I kept our lips glued. My hand that caressed his hair, dropped until I felt his jaw with soft hairs that grew on it while rubbing it with my thumb. He didn't even take care of himself. My heart was torn into pieces.  
Pulling it closer I felt his frozen lips surrender. He didn't do anything. I moved my lips closer without losing the gap between our lips. He was frozen and I only felt his hand on my baby bump that slightly curled since I put my lips on his. 

Pulling out to have some air, I looked at him deeply through his eyes. I looked down and lessened my grab on his jaw. As I lessened my grab on his jaw, I felt his hand on my baby bump pulled my waist closer to him. One of his hands suddenly lift my chin and he pulled me in his deep kisses. I felt his lips and tongue tried to deepen the kiss. Without a doubt, I clanged my hand on his nape while the one was grabbing his hand on my chin. He gave me soft and deep kisses which also grabbed my heart tighter. His kisses told me everything he felt. He was tired. He almost gave up. He was hurt too. 

Like a child that told me he was hurt, he told me with his tears and broken smiles every time his lips touched mine. Time passed and we were still not letting one of us leaving the gap we had after months, and letting the yearning overcame us. 

-to be continued-

A/N

Hi my beloved readers ^^
Here is an update ^^
Enjoy ^^

With Love, 
Byeol-nim ❤