Chapter 2

UNSEEN (Female Version)

Waiting for my brother to be treated after I found him laid on the floor with blood all over his body in front of the operation room aroused my nerve. I didn't want the same incident to happen right in front of my eyes. The same murder that they did. Cupping my face while knocking my feet on the floor being impatient about what will happen with him. I was on my nerve in the urge to know my brother's condition. I didn't want the same incident five years ago to happen again. Or else, I couldn't do anything anymore. The bad dream that always haunted me deeply in my mind. 

That was the day when I was coming home and only found the laid bodies in the living room. My parents, the servants that my family had trusted for so long covered with blood everywhere. The view of red blood covered in every corner of the living room was deeply portrayed in my memories. Five years ago, I found a pool of blood in the living room while being tied with thick rope. The worst view I had ever seen and drained my energy. I was falling on my knees as I reached for my phone hurriedly. Calling my brother, the older and the one who I can only lean for when I didn't have anyone around me. He called me after I called him for times. Ignoring the fact that he was still in the company and the important thing was our parents now. 

"Chaeyoon-ah..." 

"Oppa... Blood..." I stammered with my trembling voice when he picked the call. My whole body was shaken hard as I was trying hard to cover my mouth when I felt the tears trying to break me up. As I wandered the room to distract the bad view of the victims but I only got more blood who splashed everywhere. Biting my nails as I groaned when I felt a sudden weight in my heart. My heart was messy and I couldn't think right. All I see was blood everywhere. Only Blood.

"Chaeyoon-ah, what's the matter?" he asked. 

"Jonghyun-Oppa, BLOOD!!!" I cried. "BLOOD OPPA BLOOD!!!" I screamed out of loud repeating the thing that draws my sight right when I just came in. 

"Get your grip, Chaeyoon-ah!" 

"BLOOD OPPA...BLOOD..." I repeated it while fastening my grab on my hair while sitting with my back against the wall. 

-----

Falling on my knees and couldn't believe it myself. My heart poured into endless tears and screams which echoed through the hallway of the hospital. As a daughter, I found myself being useless when I found their death's announcement. Like a fool, I was screaming my heart out loud while grabbing my hair tightly. They could have been saved when I brought them faster. They could have been breathing if I brought them faster. And I could still look at their faces. 

"You are stupid, Chaeyoon! YOU'RE STUPID!" I screamed while I felt my only family hugging me.
 
"It is not your fault, Chaeyoon-ah! It's not your fault," he comforted me with his rub on my shoulder. 

"MOOOMMMM...." I shouted my mother's name trying to wake her up from the bad dream that shock me. 

"DADDDD WAKE UPP!!" I shouted looking at the beds that laid my father, mother, my father's driver, and the personal assistant in the emergency room. Ignoring all the eyes that landed on me I cried on the floor didn't believe that I would lose everyone I loved. I was late bringing them to get the first aid they could get when I was faster to know the situation. 

"MOM, DAD, WAKE UP!!!" 

"Chaeyoon-ah... Stop it! That's not your fault." 

------
I set my eyes on him in one of the ICU's bed. Through the glass window, I saw his helpless lying body with equipment all over his body. My tears were drained as I was looking at him. He was the only one whose I could lean of and I almost lose him.

"This is a CCTV in his room an hour before you found him." Shin Woohyun, my brother's secretary handed me a tab with the footage. I took the tab weakly as I focused on the entire video. 

"Mount?" I asked him lazily when I watched a black man came to attack my brother. 

"Yes, Chaeyoon-ssi..." he replied as he bowed beside me. 

"What about him?" I wiped my remained tears on my cheek as I swiped for another footage. 

"He was released not long after he came to the police" I smirked as my grips on the tab tightening like I always predicted at first. He is no joke.

"He was sure having a lot of benefits from the incident." I laughed faintly like mocking at me and my brother. We weren't ready for another attack from him before.

"What should we do?" 

"I should take over the lead as my brother was still lying inside, right?"

*****((()))*****

My head was spinning as I saw all the notes I snatched from my brother's workroom right after the incident. The notes which my brother had been writing since the death of our parents happened. I massaged my temples as my back was falling on the chair in my working room in the house. The news was completely wrapped nicely by the media. No traces of fraud were found and the media only exposed that the death of my parents was caused by an accident. 

"Whole !" I even have a thought their power was beyond anything. Wrapping up the death caused by them without blurting out the reason and end the investigation even before it starts. It must be hard for my brother to keep up with things all alone. In the end, he chose to stabilize the company first and learned the way Mount's was working through me.

"Go Seokjin..." I sighed as I remember the whole bunch of evidence on his desk. The fraud of Mount and Wooden to Ridge. They contributed to my parents' death. I will make sure they will pay for it.

The pile of evidence got my breath stuffed. For the whole time was just us, the only heirs of Ridge. My brother worked his out to stabilize the company after the death. And I just found out last year that wrecked my heart. 

For the whole years, my brother was trying to keep up the company by himself and I was just in my place doing nothing. And when it comes to my turn, I just messed the whole thing. The engagement, the wedding plan, and also the close relationship with Jisung's parents whom I should avoid. The feeling that he told not to affect the plan, ruined everything. I exhaled my breath deeply as my eyes landed on the ceiling. 

He told me to go away as fast as I could before he found out something from my appearance on Mount. However, I was late. 

Jisung,

The name I started to get familiar with every day. My first expectation of him to be the one I hated, turned into my fiance in reality. 

'At least I brought the evidence for you. Jisung knows nothing.' 

The reason that I always said to him when he told me to run away before Go Seokjin found the truth. However, I ran when my brother was already lying on the floor as my parents did five years ago. My ego flipped the table. My brother shouldn't be killed as my parents did. The bunch of regrets got me exploded. My head was aching. 

Waking up from the chair and grabbed the closest blazer I saw to wrap me. I walked out to the beach in the back of my apartment. Inhaling the night breeze, I strolled the beachside while sightseeing the night view's at the beach to calm myself. There was no one on the beach and it looked quiet which lessened my nerve. Wrapping my blazer tight as I want to go closer to the waves. My steps stopped when I heard a roaring of a sports car coming near. A red Aventador I was familiar with was parked on the beachside. I took my steps backward slowly and froze in my place.  

Looking at the back appearance of the car as I could see when the roof was opened. The back view of the man I was messing with. My heart scrunched seeing him groaned and screamed his voice out loud breaking the silence. My tears huddled in my eyes knowing what I had done. Two men in my life were messed up because of me. I didn't want to make the fuss again. My brother had sacrificed his life to that incident and I wouldn't make it worse. 

"Young lady..." I felt a voice with a soft tap on my shoulder. I turned my head to see her. The grandmother I always meet when I came to the beach, reaching for me. 

"Grandma..." I greeted her with a slight bow. 

"Come to my place, you would catch a cold if you keep standing here," she said as the breeze mixing up with her voice. I wrapped her body with my hand and we walked to her small restaurant. I stopped in the chair in front of the restaurant as she was free from my embrace.

"Grandma, you should take a rest," I said as giving a smile to her. 

"Young lady, why don't you come to him?" I was startled by her question. I didn't expect the question which twitched my heart.

"Ah, I just want..."

"Are you fighting with him?" I froze. Slowly, I felt her wrinkled hand caressing my strain of hair softly. "It must be..." she giggled even before I answer.

"I..." 

"I know..." she replied softly. "Wait here, I will make something to warm your cold..." 

*****((()))*****

I was looking at the sports car from the restaurant as I was wrapped with the blanket that grandma had given with a warm tea on the table. She let me sit in front of her restaurant after knowing my worries to him. 

He looked calm and froze in his seat for hours. He must be sleeping there. My smile tugged a smile knowing he already calmed himself. I knew it. He must be upset after knowing the truth. Go Seokjin wouldn't easily let us go. I had prepared myself to know that he would do anything to tell Jisung that I was the part of Ridge Company.

This must be the time. 

Jisung called me several times but I didn't want to pick it up. I couldn't imagine when I was still being lovey-dovey with him hence my brother was struggling for this all alone. I should build my wall to not letting Jisung enter the part of me again. The incident five years ago was happened caused by his ancestor not him. And he knew nothing about that, I knew it myself. If he knew, it might hurt him. 

His safety in the company? 

I don't know. However, I know that Go Seokjin would do anything. 

I leaned my back to the chair while looking at him as I tightened the blanket all over me. I looked up to the dark sky with a bunch of stars and the moon. 

My thought brought me back to the memories of Jisung and I played along at the beach in a meantime without no one knowing. Playing with the waves, running like kids, and laying on the sands while looking at the sunset. Like the lovers with real love. Without something came upon it.

"What a view!" I mumbled as I saw the sun started setting with the orange-squash color sky. He looked at me dearly in my side with his smile. 

"Do you want to live here? There is an apartment behind," I was startled by his sudden question which made me turn my head at him. The simple mumble put him into deep attention to me. He fell for me. 

And also me.

"Why do you think I want to live here?" I asked gingerly. 

"You look so happy when I brought you here," he added while putting the strain of my hair that messing caused by the light-breeze. 

"I thought the Cassanova wouldn't act like this, Jisung-ssi." 

"Do you still think I am a Cassanova?" he raised his brow with a subtle smile.  

"I am fine with the new house," I said with a slight smile. The house he just bought for our wedding even we just got engaged. He put me on his priority. The act that I wasn't aware of at first. 

"But, you look happier here," he said and I was leaning closer to his lips to give a peck. 

"I like wherever as long as I am with you," I whispered trying to stop his wish from buying the apartment behind.

"What a cheesy comment!" He pinched me both cheeks while laughing. 

I lied. 

There would be always a lie over a lie. When I started and used to the lie I would always use it to cover up myself. I knew it was wrong. 
I was trapped. 

My brother was right. I was trapped and I didn't know how to leave him. 

"Young lady, you looked pale. Let's go inside before you get a cold!" I felt a soft tap on my shoulder and I forced my eyes to open. I looked at the sky and it almost dawn already. The car was still there also the man inside. He was still sleeping there. 

"Grandma..." I mumbled. I turned my head from the car to my grandmother. "Can I ask for your help?" 

*****((()))*****

The smell of tofu stew in front of me started filling the whole kitchen as I stirred the boiled tofu stew gingerly. The dish that I always made for him. His favorite.

I watched his steps from the kitchen since he came in. He looked so pale and dazed when the grandmother tried to have a conversation with him.

Even from afar, he looked miserable. But, it was also caused by me. I ruined his life. 

"Young Lady, the stew is ready to serve," grandmother's word woke me up as I turned off the stove in instant. 

"Yes, Grandmother..." I smiled at her. 
I put a bowl of tofu stew and a bowl of rice in a tray and gave it to grandma who looked at me pathetically before she went to him. 

Hiding, I tried to watch at the grandmother who served the stew for him. Looking at the view when he ate the stew well made me pulling out a smile. He should be fine. He looked fine.
'He would live well even without me.'
That was the first thing that coming up to my mind. 

*****((()))*****

A month later...

I was sitting in my seat while looking at the notes from my brother as the new director of Wooden's Company, the supplier of Mount's Company that also involved in my parents' death. The Director was easily giving up his position after I threw the truth about him and Mount who was involved five years ago. He trembled when I first came and he looked at me. The whole bunch of copies of evidence made him go down by himself.

Meanwhile,

My brother was still in a  coma and I didn't know when will he wake up. I took the charge before it was being too late as I did before. Following the scheme in my brother's note, I learned one by one and figured out the suspicion from the incident. 
He is the one. The strongest person in the incident. Go Seokjin. 

The door was opened forcefully by someone. I startled by his sudden appearance with those furious eyes. He must be knowing the news about Wooden was taken over by Ridge. His smirk that was full of question throbbed my heart. I almost lose myself if I didn't get my grip. Calming myself as I put a slight smile on the guest who was just coming. Behaving like I met the client, not my rival also not my ex-fiance. 

"Where is Jang Director?" he asked while gritting his jaw. I can tell his remorse through his sharp pain. The pain which I made. 

"I am the new Director here," I tried to sound as normal as I can while looking at his keen gaze. 

"Is there something wrong, Director?" I added as normal as I can. My eyes got watery but I prevent my tears to wet my cheeks in front of him. 

He couldn't hide his nerve. His furious deep tone as he came to greet me without a proper greet had been evidence. Working for him and getting used to his behavior got me like I could read his mind. The gaze was actually painful and I knew it myself. He looked like in a mess. The man who knew nothing but he was the one I messed with. I played him. I am the worst one here. I looked at his frozen gesture and suddenly he closed the door harshly and walked in my direction. His hurried steps aroused my nerve. He shouldn't know about this first. He shouldn't. I collected the files and closed them with my trembling hands.  

"Director, this is my company!" I was trying to be firm as I stood up from my chair trying to get rid of him as soon as he reached me. I turned my body to him ready to push him away before he got closer. However, I was the one who got into his tight embrace. The warm embrace I was longing for so long. 

I was the worst.

'How can I still feel that way after putting a bomb?'

A slight tear escaped from my eye when I felt his rising heartbeat which I could hear when I glued into him. I froze. The truth was I missed his scent and the warm hug to me. My brother was right. The feeling had already overcome me. I couldn't easily get off from him. The Cassanova. The Cassanova I was falling with.

'That is why your brother won't let you do this plan. Your feeling makes a hard choice for you. Leaving or Staying. Not in between.'

"You... Why did you do that?" I can sense his trembling voice in my ear. He was trembling. I tightened my grip trying not to hug him back. I lost to this plan. 

"Director, this is my company. Please behave!" I tried to sound steady to make him believe I wasn't into him again. 

"You should be the one who behaves at first!" He tightened the grab on my neck as I can feel his warmth deeper. 

'No, Chaeyoon-ah! You shouldn't act like this!'

"Director!" I pushed him from me but he embraced me even deeper.

"We are not over yet! You owe me an explanation!" he threatened me with his baritone cold voice. He was angry and he didn't bother to let it out to me.

"I don't owe you anything. We are over." I pushed him harshly to let go of him. 

I shouldn't be weak again. The presence of my brother laid in the hospital awaked me. As I pushed him, I tried to leave him. As I tried to leave him, he pulled me back and held my left hand tightly closed. He brought my hand closer to convince something. I looked into his left ring finger. The shine of the ring on his left hand made my tears falling. He was still keeping his promise. 

"Such an Irony, Ms. Chaeyoon..." I watched his keen stare. I froze when I saw his furious eyes after betrayal. The first time I saw them. I was speechless. "I have the evidence, too!" He said as holding his gritted jaw. "You can't do that to my company. Let's talk!" 

"You can say it now." 

"No..." he gripped my hand tightly and pulled me closer as our faces barely touch each other. "The dirty evidence of you were strolling around Mount Company and the wedding plan. We couldn't talk about it in a formal meeting, right?" he intimidated me with his anger. 

"What do you want?"

"The Bar I usually go, Ms. Chaeyoon. You should have known it, right?" 

-to be continued-

A/N
Hi, my beloved readers ^^

Thanks for supporting my story through votes and comments ^^

Kindly check my other stories too ^^

Enjoy the story ^^
With love, Byeol-nim ❤