Chapter 9

UNSEEN (Female Version)

I looked at the red sign of the operation just begun while holding my hands in worry. I didn't know how many tears I had let out. Anything just seemed unpredictable to me. It was only minutes to snatch my happiness with him. Looking at the clock in front of the place I was sitting, I closed my eyes tighter. It was almost three hours he was inside and I didn't know what was happening to him. It aroused me since I couldn't hear any progress from him inside. My body was trembling unconditionally as I was praying for his safeties. The view of a pond of blood on the street kept haunting me since the accident. It was just like when I saw the pond of the blood of my parents. My hand's grip tightened as It reminded me of the accident I wanted to forget forever. It suffocated me as I was trying to take a deep breath. 

"Chaeyoon-ssi, everything will be okay!" I looked at Hari who was holding both my hands while kneeling on the floor.

"Hari-ssi, we just..." I couldn't continue the words I wanted to say as the tears stopped my breath. 

"It's fine. He will be fine." Suddenly, I felt a jacket was wrapped around me. I looked at the standing man beside Hari who was as worried as I am. He also hid his worry while he couldn't see my eyes and only looking at the red sign of the operation room. 

"Why..." I stuttered. 

"Chaeyoon-ssi, you shouldn't be like this. Let's have a rest first! Just let Taemu waits here and gives you an update about him." Hari begged me as she was trying to help me to get up from the couch.

"No..." I said as my lips trembling. 

Suddenly, I heard rushed steps with a knocking stick coming closer. Turning my head toward the sound, I saw both of Jisung's parents coming closer. Unconsciously, I got up while bowing to them. 

"Chaeyoon-ah! Did you hurt somewhere?" She asked while roaming my body while I suddenly got frozen to see the keen gaze of Jisung's father. The keen gaze after the incident. He welcomed me warmly before even when we were engaged. But, I knew it won't last long since I knew what I had done to the company he built for so long was unforgivable. Slowly, I bowed to him. 

"Tch, she is pregnant..." the only words that were blurted from his mouth which made me rubbed my tummy gingerly. It was hurting me. If he only hated me, I would be fine. But, he seemed to hate my baby too.  Biting my lower lip, I looked at Jisung's mother's worried face who was still holding my shoulders who also couldn't help the awkward situation between us. 

-----

I was sitting at another side operation room that was far from the place I first sat on. In worry, I was still waiting for him with Hari beside me. I couldn't leave him without getting any update about his condition. My eyes started weighter as I waited for him. Four hours to go and the red sign was still on. 

"You can sleep here, Chaeyoon-ssi," Hari said softly after taking a seat next to me. A while ago, she went to the restroom. 

"No, I am fine," I replied while looking at the dark view outside. The almost dawn views outside the glass windows got me more terrified. The time passed and I couldn't hear anything about his condition. 

"You are pregnant, Chaeyoon-ssi." She whispered.
 
"I am fine..."

"This is from Jisung-ssi's mother." She handed me a bottle of water while hiding it. I turned my head to see the back view of mine and I was looking at the Jisung's parents were still up in front of the operation room. Jisung's mother was the purest person that I thought she would hate me after the incident before. She diverted her gaze when she met mine. I smiled at her affection, even though she was still in doubt to be kind to me freely.
The operation room's door was opened and it raised my heartbeat when the bed was being pushed by some people with their operation gown and masks out of the operation room carefully. There finally I could see him laying on the bed in an unconscious state. I wanted to run at him, but Hari stopped me by taking my hand and looking at Jisung's father who seemed to hate me. Looking at his helpless body and machine on him took my breath away and tears escaped from my eyes. 

'He will be fine, right?' 

*****((()))*****

The next day...

Rushing my steps, I walked toward his room who was placed on the highest floor in the hospital gingerly. However, I slowed as I saw two men standing in front of his room. I bit my lower lip as I knew it was a sign that whoever was forbidden to come inside and I should have been on the list.
"I thought we should go for now," Hari whispered to me trying to stop me. Hesitating, I roamed the view of the area as I found the couch which was located not far from Jisung's room. 

"No, I want to know when will he wake up." I smiled faintly at him. "We can sit here though!" I replied as reaching the couch.

"Will you be fine?" She said as taking a seat next to me. 

"I will be fine," 

"So, you're here!" A familiar voice came made me curled my fingers on my dress. We didn't even tell him but why he was there. I knew it wasn't a thing to hate my brother but, he said that I will regret it if I don't leave Jisung. Carefully, I looked at him and smirked in irony to see him reaching me in the hospital with his wheelchair and his new trusted person beside him. 

"Oppa, Let's not talk about anything here!" I bit my lower lip trying to hold my messed feeling about his presence and Jisung's condition. 

"Tch, you don't even permit to be here. Let's go home!" He mocked me after looking at the two men in front of Jisung's room. 

"Oppa, please! I am not a part of Ridge anymore." I mumbled as scrunching my face uneasy.

"Watch your mouth!" he gritted his teeth while holding his hand tightly. "Back to the place where you should be!" 

"Why are you so mad at me? Doesn't it better if I am not there?"

"Shut up!" He screamed at me furiously and it was the first time he did it. It scrunched my heart but his moves as Ridge and Wooden representative made me see another person of Ha Jonghyun, not my brother I knew for so long. Especially when he warned about something that will I regret if I choose Jisung over him. It reminded me of the way he hates Jisung so much and he would do anything to make us apart. 

"Oppa. Don't tell me that you make Jisung like this?" I said while narrowing my eyes at him. 

"YOU!" he widened his eyes in anger. I shouldn't be shocked about this. Because I knew that if he were in a normal state he would actually slap me that time. 

"MR!" I heard a woman's voice came after him. It wasn't Hari's voice but someone who came from Jisung's room and walked toward our direction. "Please, leave! You disturb patients here. It is a VIP area. I pay more to get a convenience not something like this." She said as covering me from my brother with her presence. Looking at Jisung's mother and me in change he smirked while laughing for a while.

"Yah, Chaeyoon-ah! Just remember! Blood is thicker than water." He said as he leaves the area with the help of his new trusted person. 

"And you, Miss! You shouldn't be here. Wouldn't it be more troublesome if pregnant woman waiting for something unnecessary for a long time?" She gazed at me while leaving. Looking at her furious face, I shivered only looked at her gaze. It made me look down on the ground, and a crumbled paper suddenly fell from her hand. 

"Let's go!" Hari whispered to me while grabbing my shoulders worriedly. 

"Wait a minute!" I took the crumpled paper and opened it slowly. There is a written letter there. 

'Just take a rest at home. Come here at the night, I will take care of the bodyguards.'

*****((()))*****

At night, I came to the hospital once again. I peeked at Jisung's room gingerly, and I found no one in front of his room. Pulling in my head cape and mask on, I walked directly to Jisung's room. I opened the door slowly trying to not making any sound and I met her waiting for me. I closed the door and stopped in front of her. 

"You just have thirty minutes here. They will be back soon." She welcomed me in a rush and passed me to get out.

"Why? Eomo-nim?" I mumbled before she reached the doorknob. I heard her stopped her step and turning around. "Why are you giving me a chance? For all that I have done." I stared at her sincerely. Honestly, it was a burden to me seeing her kindness towards me especially after the incident.  I don't deserve all her affection.

"Right? Why did I do this?" She replied in a low voice peeking at me. 

"I am a part of Ridge and I also..."

"You said that you aren't anymore." 

"Eomo-nim,"

"I don't care about companies things. The one I care about is my son's happiness." She turned back and opened the doorknob.

"I am sorry, Eomo-nim." My throat was frozen to say other words. If I knew that she would keep being nice to me, I wouldn't have done it all before. "For everything I've done." She stopped for a while to listen to what I said. 

"Thank you, Eomo-nim." I let out the word I want to blurt out that night to her. 

*****((()))*****

I was spacing out while looking at the glass window in the bedroom. That night was different. My hand roamed to the bed before I laid on the bed. That was the time I felt lonely without anyone around me except for the one I was holding right now. The bedroom somewhat was cold than before. My mind was brought back to only thirty minutes in his room. That was the first time only looked at his helpless body with bandages and bruises on him. Sitting on the chair beside him, I could only hold his limp hand tightly without doing anything. 

"Please, wake up!" I whispered while rubbing his hand on my cheeks. "I miss you..." It was like having a conversation with a statue. 

And it was how my thirty minutes ended. Looking at him, talking to him, without listening to anything from him. It was the coldest moment I've ever had and I could also feel his absence in the house. 

"I miss you..." The tears kept when I was in the hospital finally drooled on my cheeks as I was tired of everything. My mind and body were all drained out these days. Not only days we reconciled and this incident happened. Taking a deep breath I was trying to close my eyes. If only he was here with me. I could imagine his hand would hug and caress my tummy from behind giving reassuring words to not make me overthink about anything. 

'I will be back...' 

And far away from my imagination, I could hear his voice talking behind me. If only it weren't an imagination. I scrunched my brows holding my messed feeling of missing him. 

*****((()))*****

Nine days later...

I was holding a cup of water while taking a seat in the dining room with Hari who was finishing her meal. Holding my tummy, my mood was lightened after hearing his condition is stable. In the early days when he started hospitalized, his condition was still going through up and down. The ups and downs of his conditions also brought me to an extreme mood swing and made me slightly forgetting my pregnancy. One day his condition dropped and got me more anxious until Hari reminded me of the baby inside me that also his baby. And slowly, I tried to accept it and not to overthink it. My baby also needed me. I caressed my tummy that grew bigger while smiling. 

"Hari-ssi, Don't you think my baby is growing up well? I felt like I am weighted much." I proudly said as caressing my grown tummy. 

"I do think so. I can't help to see your boy." She gulped her drink before taking her leftover on the sink. 

"Me too." I smiled.

"Does she call you already?" She asked if Jisung's mother had already given me information or not like she usually did. 

"No..."

Suddenly, my phone was ringing on the table while showing Jisung's mother's number. I picked up the call impatiently and finally, I heard happiness in her voice. 

"Chaeyoon-ah, he is awake!" Her first greeted in the morning made me getting up from the chair excitedly. I was covering my mouth out of surprise while looking at Hari. I couldn't hide my excitement. And I felt like I wanted to run right away. Without any voice came out from me, I hug Hari tightly still holding the phone. 

"He is awake," I said with my cracked voice with the sudden overflowing tears of joy. 

"He is awake," I repeated. 

*****((()))*****

I walked to his room with different feelings than before. With my head cape and mask, I walked toward Jisung's mother who was already standing in front of his room with a faint smile. She opened her arms as I came closer to her and she hugged me tightly. That was when I felt my tears couldn't stop wetting my face. Her warmth as a mother who also tried to accept me to be with her son. And also the one who was waiting for her son to wake up finally burst the thing we kept holding by ourselves. We were in tears without knowing the reason that night. We were overwhelmed with joy about the news.

"It's a relief, Eomo-nim!" 

"Chaeyoon-ah, he is awake." She said in a low voice. Ten days in waiting for your beloved one especially your own child was something hard to be done. Jisung's mother' struggle on waiting for him without leaving his side with the mixed feeling when his condition reached its up and down. Meanwhile, I was only hearing the news could feel the pain, and it would have been worse if it was for his mother. Her tighter embrace and sobs could show me how much she held it by herself. With her strong presence, I could only feel it on her moves. Minutes of hugging, she slowly frees us. She wiped her tears on her reddened face while smiling. She held my shoulders tightly before pulling out my head cape. 

"Don't wear this! He can't see you clearly. Just go inside! I already let the bodyguards go home until tomorrow. He was looking for you when he just awoke. He must be missing you too, Dear." 

"Eomo-nim," 

"Just go inside! Wipe your tears..." she finished the talk between us by wiping my tears. As she left, I looked at the door in silence. I couldn't hold my happiness and try touch the doorknob lightly. I took a deep breath and went inside. As I came in, I saw his back standing in front of the glass window while looking at the view outside. He turned his face aside and I could see his slight smile in the darkness. Locking the door, I went to him hurriedly. 

"It's a relief,"

"It's a relief,"

I kept repeating the words when I first heard his news. Hugging him tightly I wanted to make sure that it was real and not imagination. 

'He is awake.'

"Thank you so much," I mumbled and I felt his hand caressing my hair softly. I could hear his heartbeat the same as before. 'He is alive.'

"I am fine," he replied in a low voice which called more tears. I couldn't believe it but at the same time, it fixed my messy feeling for the past few days.

'He is awake.'

*****((()))*****

Coming at early morning and I was being impatient to meet him again. I also cooked his favorite tofu stew. However, I stopped when I reached his room. The bodyguards were already standing there. I forced myself to walk closer to the room.  As I wanted to go inside, they blocked my way with their hands. 

"I just want to give him this," I lifted the lunchbox that I brought from the house. 

"I will give it to him." A bodyguard insisted but was held by a hand. 

"Just leave them alone!" A voice of Jisung's mother comes from behind. Automatically, they bowed to her. 

"But, the director..." 

"Haven't you been in a relationship before? Don't be too harsh to a pregnant woman!" She cut the bodyguard words and opened the door casually while embracing my waist to come together after the bodyguards giving the way. As I went inside, Jisung already woke up with a fresher look than the last night. 

"Mom, you are here too?" He questioned the presence of us coming together in the early morning.

"Why? Do you hate it?" She replied casually as it made me smile. 

"Eomo-nim, do you want to try the tofu stew I made?" I asked and got her deep-meaning smirk. 

"That's why he never eats tofu stew I made ever again," she mumbled while staring at him who was deeply blushed. 

"MOM!" 

-----

I feed him the last spoon as Jisung's mother was busy on the couch. Fortunately, he was still having a big appetite as before, he finished the tofu stew I made until the last spoon. As he finished his meal, I helped him to get a glass of water before I heard someone coming inside. 

"What is she doing here?" A cold voice of him giving me a shiver. Jisung's father with his hatred toward Ridge and me. I froze after putting a glass of water on the table. Jisung's mother stopped what she was doing and walking toward him. "Are you behind this?" He faced his wife furiously. 

"Just let it be!" 

"And what is the meaning of I am paying the bodyguards?"

"Bodyguards?" Suddenly, Jisung let out a voice. His furrowed brows and tightened jaw with his deep voice made me terrified. "Why are you doing that?" Jisung glared at him who was standing with his stick. 

"Jisung-ah, are you stupid? You don't know what will happen to you if I don't ask for bodyguards."

"What do you mean by 'what will happen to me'? Do you think Chaeyoon will kill..." he stopped as holding his anger with his cracked voice after peeking at me. 

"JISUNG-AH!" He raised his voice. 

"DAD! Don't you ever think the one who should be careful is Chaeyoon after what was happening in the past. I don't need bodyguards, because the one who needed the most is her."

"You don't know what will..."

"Dad, enough!" 

-to be continued-

A/N:

Hi everyone here is an update ^^
Thanks for reading my stories ^^

Kindly vote, comment, and share with your friends ^^
Meet me again next chapter (^.^)
See ya! 

With love, 
Byeol-nim ❤