Chapter 10

UNSEEN (Female Version)

"I always imagine the day we can hold hands, raise our child, and live our life together without something burdening us. Just like a normal couple outside. Will that day come to us?" He said in a low voice. He is different. I can feel it but I don't know what is it. My heart twitched as he brought my cheek closer to him. "Can we?" He hesitated and slowly brought my lips closer. I don't know that my tears were hardly stopped as I felt my heart wrecked only looking at him. And I just realized that it was his last words to me he blurted out sincerely. After that, he was turned into a different person I never met before. 
Days passed as I was always by his side. That night's words mean a lot to me. Honestly, I missed his old him.  It left me unanswered questions about what happened to him when I left him. It was strange for him to say those kinds of words. And right after that night, he passed most of the day by dazing. I tried to make a chat with him but he only replied with a short and precise word with a forced smile look. 

I looked at the police who came again to the room after plenty of times with a questionable look. As if it didn't enough for the police to keep interrogating him. 

"Please, leave!" He finally started the conversation after almost all of the times I asked him first. Even though I didn't know why he was becoming like a statue. The meeting of them got my nerve aroused. He would like all depressed after the police left and ended up in silence for so long, deep in his own mind. It hurt me too to see him like that. And without a word, I obediently left the room while having a seat in the living room in front of the room, giving them privacy. 
After the incident, he should get physiotherapy so that he can regain his normal state. But, watching him getting physiotherapy while having interrogation from the police that kept coming to get the information of the accident, aroused my nerve. Even though he looked all fine but I knew it bothered him much. Every time he got the interrogation done, he looked all different. The interrogation was not done for long but the impact after he got interrogated was worse. He looked pale also turned silent for hours before he sleeps. The interrogation also made him raving in his sleep. 

I went inside as the police came out. As I predict, he looked down while taking a deep breath. Slowly, I moved forward to him and held his hand tightly. 

"You did great!" I smiled at him who weakly rubbed his face frustratedly.

"Thank you... and... sorry..." that was the only words he said before he went silent even I tried hard to have a conversation with him. 

*****((()))*****

Weeks later...

It didn't end in the hospital, even when he was already fine and we were at home he was still the same Jisung as in the hospital. But, he still helped me when I was going through back pain at night or pain in my swollen legs. Without many words spelled, he only gave me a smile or a kiss on my forehead after preparing for my sleep. The only thing I don't know was since he was in the hospital, he never told me about the interrogation. 

The days passed just like that, accompanying him before he left for work and I only stayed at home without doing anything. If it only lasted for days, I can hold it. But, it was already weeks passed and made me even worrier. As I already accompanying him for work in front of our home, I bravely called the number that might know everything about what was happening these past weeks to him. Without waiting for the third ring, he picked up the phone. 

"What is happening to you? Are you fine?" He asked worriedly which makes me more into the confusion. 

"I am... what happened, Oppa?" I asked as I furrowed my brows in suspicion. 

"It is a relief, then." He said and we stayed in silence. 

"Oppa, did you know what is happening to Jisung?" I asked as I bitting my lower lip in nervous. I knew it was such a taboo to ask about Jisung to my brother but, if it came to the interrogation, I wonder that it might also be involved with Ridge. 

"Tsk...are you kidding me to ask something about him?" 

"I know but..."

"Just don't ask such a question! Remember that you might give birth sooner!" He said in a low voice and I can hear his deep breath on the line. Unconsciously, I took a deep breath too after he said that. I looked at my belly and rubbed it lightly. 

"Okay, then! Just, please answer this!" 

"What is it?"

"Is it connected with Ridge?" 

"He will tell you for sure!" He hangs up the phone without giving me a chance to ask him further about Jisung. And I should believe that he will tell me which on other side wrecked me inside since he was already silent for weeks about that.

*****((()))*****

Packing for the baby clothes and necessities for delivery, I waited for him to come out from the bathroom. That was the only way I can get his answer. Last night was the only moment where he could talk for more than he did these past weeks. The moment when I got my false contraction and he hurriedly takes the key car and babbled asking me to take a deep breath before I call my doctor. However, as it was a fake contraction one, we chose to be at home waiting for the other contractions. Since the first false alarm, he turned more concerned at me other than being dazed without knowing what he was thinking. Hoping he can talk to me, I waited for him after the shower. 

And like this morning, I got to hear his first word even though he was asking for the contraction. 'Is it painful? You still can hold the pain or not?' And other unnecessary words he never asked since the incident. 

"What do you want to eat?" Suddenly, Hari peeked from the door. 

"Everything you made..." I smiled and zipped the bag. 

"Wah! Is he coming sooner?" She said while smiling ear to ear to see the bag that was ready to pick up when the urgency came.

"I am the one who can't be patient about this."

"Don't you want to eat first?" 

"I will wait for Jisung." 

"Alright, then!" 

-----

As he came out of the bathroom, he went straight to change the clothes I prepared for him. And for the last touch, he was always preparing himself in front of the mirror. Waiting for that long, I thought that he was ready to talk to me about all that was happened to him he didn't have a chance to tell me that day. But, he was still the same. He didn't talk even though I can see his eyes looking at me through the mirror. Walking toward him, I held his hand. 

"I miss you..." 

"Uhm..." Jisung turned his head and looked at me. I can see his changing face from the gloomy one to the warmest one. He looked like faking it. "Me too..." he forced his smile and turned back to look at the mirror. 

"Am I doing wrong to you?" I asked. He paused for a while before looking at me closely. 

"You are doing great as usual." 

"But, why are you..." he kissed my lips deeply for seconds. The kiss that I always feel his love became all painful that day. The kiss was different and it only twitched my heart. He pulled the kiss and looked at me with his red smile eyes. "Do you think your kiss explains it all?" I sobbed as the tears choking my throat. The confusion he left for me like it was nothing for him but all painful for me. He looked surprised as he didn't know where to look after me bravely I asked him. Bitting his lip while tightening his jaw and taking a deep breath, he bravely looked at my eyes after roaming his sight in confusion. 

"Chaeyoon-ah! If you feel the stronger contraction or the regular one like last night or the worst one until you can't hold it any longer. Please call me! Get it?" 

"You didn't answer my question..." I replied harshly which only get to see his broken smile. 

*****((()))*****

"Do you know something about Jisung and the accident, Hari-ssi?" I peeled an orange and took a bite of it in the dining room and Hari was busy around the dining table that afternoon. Waiting for Jisung to come home because he told me he was going home earlier since last night's fake contraction, I was sitting on the dining chair while having a chat with Hari. 

"Why are you suddenly asking about that?" She replied while giving me a glass of water. 

"I don't know I just think there is something wrong about it." 

"Agassi, it is better that you concern about your pregnancy. Isn't it almost the time to bring the boy out?" She winked an eye at me. 

"Yeah but..."

"Are you still having the back pain? Or should I massage you more?" 

"Yeah..." I rubbed my belly which was slowly go down as time goes by. "Yeah, you are right!" I remembered when the back pain is getting worse as I got a contraction last night. It didn't last long but still, the pain was unbearable. I was getting nervous because of that. The view of me bringing the boy out sooner made my heart beating so fast.
 
"That's it!"

"But, don't you think Jisung is different since he was out from hospital?" I finally asked the question I buried all the time to her. Looking at me with sincerity, she took a seat next to me. 

"I think, he is tired with the police interrogation and stressed out because the boy will be coming out soon." She rubbed my belly as answering my question. 

"But..."

Suddenly, I felt an aroused pain from my back and it was spreading on my belly. The pain was worse than last night until I couldn't get my grab on breathing. Trying to get focused, I held the head chair and the table, I took a deep breath slowly and huffing my breath. 

"It comes..." I gasped as I felt the sharp pain started overwhelming me. Grabbing the lower abdomen tightly, I felt that my belly started getting tighter. 

"Are you okay?" Hari asked me worriedly. 

"Please take my phone in my bedroom!" I asked and suddenly I heard Jisung's car coming and my pain increased each minute until I can't hold it any longer. The pain lasted for minutes and Hari was already coming to me hurriedly with my phone. 

"Here is the phone!" She handed me and I smiled at her as the pain was gone. I huffed my breath as I looked for my doctor's phone number and Jisung opened the door. 

"I think it is another false contraction," I said as the pain was no longer hurting me. The pain might be worst than I felt multiple contractions I felt hours before but I still can hold the pain. Seeing Jisung again with still his gloomy face since he came inside, I tried to go to him. I got up from where I sit and suddenly I felt another sharp pain coming from the back that spreading all over my belly. "Ah..." I held my lower stomach as suddenly the pain increased to the level I can't hold it anymore. My limbs were trembling as I tried to reach the head chair to stand and I heard a low voice of something exploding below me.

"Chaeyoon-ssi!" Hari said looking at my lower and I saw a pound of fluid under me. Automatically, I grabbed her shoulder for standing as I can feel the fluid still streaming on my thigh. 

"Chaeyoon-ah!!" Jisung shouted and ran to me in a rush. 

*****((()))*****

The nurses were ready to help my labor as I was holding the pain I felt since I came and I didn't know that the progression would be that fast. That was my first time and I didn't know what to do instead of managing my breath before I got the full dilation. Since I came to the hospital, I was brought to the delivery room after getting the first examination in the emergency ward. I tried to manage my breath hard as I bitting my lower lip since they instructed me to not pushing before the doctor came even though the pain was already tearing me. 

Holding Jisung's hand who was always standing beside me since. I was grabbing his hand tightly when the pain became worse and I couldn't do anything other than trying to push the baby out even the nurse said another. 

"Please don't push yet!" A nurse asked when I was caught pushing. Biting my lower lip and tearing Jisung's skin, I tried to compensate for the pain. 

"Are you ready, Chaeyoon-ssi?" The obstetrician who I took the examination for my pregnancy finally came inside in a hurry while the nurses helped her to wear her protective equipment. After she got ready, she was sitting right in front of me and lead the labor. "Okay, Mom! Please take a deep breath..." her soothing voice that always calmed me, sounded annoying that day. "Push!" I took a big push as I felt really relieved that she finally let me push. "Alright..." Suddenly I felt a ring of fire coming as I grabbed Jisung's hand tightly. My hand was trying to reach the baby's head but then again, I held Jisung's hand with both of my hands tightly. The pain was spreading all over my body until I couldn't even think what was going on other than the pain that slowly killed me. 

"Doc...I..." I gasped. 

"It's crowning..." I can hear she was talking under her mask. "If you get another contraction. Push harder!" She said and nodded but also at the same time I was nervous about what happened next. His hand suddenly rubbed my forehead and I felt he was coming closer to me. 

"You did great! You can do it..." he said while sniffling. The pain already got me depleted but then the contraction came back even stronger. 

"Doc..." I tried to speak as I felt the ring of fire was at its worst. 

"Mommy, Push!" She said and I pushed harder until I felt my baby was slowly out from me. "Another push!" She shouted and I pushed even harder. As I can't feel the contraction again, I huffed my breath when I saw my baby was already out. After seconds, I heard a very loud cry from him dominating the delivery room. My tears escaped as I saw my son was lifted by the doctor. The child that I loved since he was in me. "Congratulations! It is a boy...". The doctor brought the kid on my hug. The tiny creature that was coming out from me, crying out loud after getting his comfort in my belly was taken away. I looked at the tiny thing named my son amazingly as he was crying hard on my hug trembling with his frail body. He cried as he was trying to find his first meal. He stopped crying when he found his meal on me. I hug the tiny little soul that I can't watch these past months and was mesmerized by how he was depending on me. I cried while touching his cheek that was moving as he hardly tried to with his mouth. 

"Thank you so much... you did great!" Jisung rubbed my hair and kissed my temple deeply. 

*****((()))*****

I was moved to the room after the labor as my son was getting his examination with the nurse before he was brought to my room. And since we came to the hospital until my son was born, Jisung was always being on my side holding my hand tightly. And that day was the only day I can see his face was much better than before. He treated me great after the labor and he covered me with the blanket for the last. Before I  closed my eyes out of tiredness, he kissed me on my forehead. I couldn't count how much he kisses my forehead that day but it doesn't matter if I can see his smile again. He took a seat beside me and turn on the diffuser on the table. After that, he held my limp hand tightly for a long. 

"Thank you so much..." he kissed my hand countless times until I felt my hand was wet because of his tears. 

"Why? Are you crying?" 

"No, I am not..." he let my hand off and wiped his face roughly. "Take a rest! I have to go to the administration first."

And again, he left me without any explanations. 

------

I was still in my deep sleep when suddenly I heard his voice again. I was too sleepy to open my eyes, I felt that I have no energy left that day. But, I still can hear his voice repeating the words he always said these past weeks. 

"Thank you ... and sorry..." he said countless times as he held my hand. I can hear his cracked voice in between the words which throbbed in my heart. I wanted to ask him badly, but I remembered how he acted when I asked him about it. It stuffed me. Instead of asking him again, I chose to keep silent as I felt his forehead on my hand asking for forgiveness. My heart hurt when I heard all of his words and my tears escaped as he did on my hand. He sobbed which also made my tears escaped. I turned my head to the side where Jisung wasn't there and hiding my tears there. 

-to be continued-

A/N:

Hi everyone here is an update ^^
Finally, we met their son.

P.s.: I have no experience in a labor before and I only read or watch the labor scene. I tried my best to write this labor part and I am sorry if there is a mistake in it. 

And the last, thanks for reading my stories ^^
Kindly vote, comment, and share with your friends ^^

Meet me again next chapter (^.^)

If I take a long time to update the next chapter, kindly read my other stories: The Binding Angel, Married for Benefit, Through Their Lenses, The Luckiest, and Unseen (On-going). Thank you!
See ya! 

With love, 
Byeol-nim ❤