Chapter 4

UNSEEN (Female Version)

Everything just changed in one night. The rustling sound of Lee Hari who chose to stay with me and sleeping on the couch made me more comfortable and I don't feel lonely. When my worlds left me one by one, there she came where I could never imagine. It was been so long when I felt people around me gave me affection. Since my family had left me and I only have my brother that also still lying on the hospital bed unconsciously. Words that I always shouted out to my closest even for the detailed things as simple as how I spent my day that slowly lost to Jisung. The man that never left me alone and keeping his promise. However, I would never feel it again. 

Hari, a woman with scars she hid without a place to stay willingly taking care of me in the hospital after found out about my pregnancy. Fewer words came from her, more actions that I felt. I heard that Jisung paid her from her uncle. The word "paid" itself got the worst meaning but no for her. Being free from her uncle that always abused her and chose money over her. She deserved better life outside.

"Do you want to live with me?" the words that I blurted when I saw so many scars and her story being paid by Jisung from Taemu. She didn't have any place to go and her uncle might get her again if she was alone outside. No one can protect her except for the agreement that Taemu had emphasized when the bargain happened. The bargain when Jisung was knocked down losing his sanity.  

'Ilegal'

Everyone did know it already, but Hari was in a different situation. The second meeting of her in Jisung's house ensured me that she really needed to be free from her uncle. And with the presence of Taemu who knew the whole story in the very 'conscious' state could help her in the future.

Nothing could describe what we passed other than 'Fortunately, we met!'. Helping me with the unpredictable surprise, I felt I wasn't alone to face the world. Taemu whom I thought would hate me after knowing the story of me with Jisung, was actually on the neutral side. He didn't ask me anything more especially after knowing my pregnancy. 

"I know you have your reason to do that all. But, one thing I know you are not faking your feeling to him. I do hope you can talk with him."
Choosing to let me do what I should and not involving our needs, he focused on helping me. 

'Or, Hari?'

The light of his eyes couldn't be hidden after looking at the petite woman with long straight black silky hair. The sweetness of Hari radiated even though she has so many bruises and scars. Even I am a woman, I also fell for her charm. There wasn't a problem for me if he focused on her. But, a boy would be a boy. Only looking at her from far away with his ego. 

'Is it time for me to help them too?'

I smiled while looking down at my belly. Sighing I caressed it slowly, the soul that inside me. 

"Let's give a big thanks to Aunty and Uncle!" I whispered lightly even I knew that the baby inside me still couldn't hear what I say. However, I still hope the baby shared the same feeling like me right now. Without them, I didn't know if I would still smile this wide or not. Without them, I might cry out loud full of regret or depression. Without them, I didn't know if I could still have a chance to feel the soul inside me or not. 

*****((()))*****

I felt a hand wrapped my mouth tightly which made me wagging on the bed and I heard a woman's voice when I just get a good sleep.
"Sstt, Just follow me!" Hari's voice echoed in my ear. Only in a night, I didn't know she would act like this. 

Scared of her action, I surrendered from a shock and she led me still with her hand on my mouth. Her hand wrapped my whole body while dragging me in her embrace to the bathroom. 

'Was I wrong with her? Someone, please help me!' 
She pulled me into the bathroom and I gasped my breath loudly. Panicked, I looked for something that can protect me right now. But, she was fast and she came back locking the door and I was taken aback while taking steps back. 

Afraid of her sudden change, I caught for the water dipper behind me slowly. 

'Right! Don't ever put your belief to someone that just come into your life easily!'

She then turned off the bathroom lamp which makes tightening my grab on the water dipper, anticipating her next action.

"Ssttt...!" She put her index finger in front of and hide away from the bathroom glass door. Looking at my frozen state in confusion, she embraced me and making sure the water dipper wasn't making a sound. 

Suddenly, I heard the door of my room was opened and I heard heavy footsteps that sound in caution entering my room.

Perplexed with the situation, I chose to follow her and hide even better beside her. The heavy footsteps suddenly stopped and I heard a sound of groaning sound with multiple stabbing sounds. After a minute of stabbing, I heard the sound of the blanket was snatched roughly breaking glass near the bed. My heart beat fast when I heard the steps were coming closer to the bathroom. As soon as we heard the sound, Hari covered my body with her hand while being cautious with the silhouette from the bathroom's glass door. The person tried to open the door harshly and Hari wrapped my body with her body quickly, trying to save me. Until I heard a commotion came from outside. Footsteps of people came until I heard a broken glass of window loudly as the door opened by people who rushed to my room in worry.

As the people came, my legs lost energy and I almost fell on the floor if Hari didn't catch me. I never imagined things like that would happen to me. Somebody would hurt me. And my baby. 

'Stab'

'Mount?' 

Tears escaped from my eyes. I still waited for my brother to wake up and they turned to find me. Dazed, I didn't know what should I do in the future. No one would protect me while my only family still laying on the hospital bed in a comma. Dizzy, I grabbed Hari's shoulders for balance. 

"Chaeyoon-ssi!" Hari grabbed my shoulders tightly while rocking me back and forth lightly. The view in front of me blurred as I heard people tried to open the bathroom door in hurry. The one I knew the door was successfully opened until I out. 

*****((()))*****

Taemu came again after work, rushing after hearing the news. Right after he touched my room, he looked at the broken window in worry. He looked at the way the culprit runaway last night. Meanwhile, I was sitting at the bedside don't know what to do. The incident drained me and also pulling me far from believing anyone, especially from Mount.

"Is the baby fine?" He asked Hari who was standing face to face with him. Even listening to his worry, I can't even speak. My head was spinning as I held my belly tightly. 'You will be fine my baby!' 

"I thought, she should be in her home. This place is dangerous for her!" I heard Hari took the charge.

'Mount'

The only name that came from my mind since the incident happened. Unconsciously, I looked at Taemu in caution. He came from Mount. Covering my belly tighter unconsciously, I hope he won't harm my baby.  'Please!' 

"Does the doctor agree with that?" He asked Hari. 
I stared at his worry. The incident last night messed my mind. I also thought Hari the same before. Not after she tried to hide me in the bathroom and preparing for faking me on the bed with pillows. And she pushed the emergency button quickly before she followed me to the bathroom. 

"The doctor knew the accident last night and also thought that it is better if she is in her home. But, still, she needs bed rest." 

"Okay, I will accompany you two." 

That was all that I heard and I didn't even have the energy left to only looking at them after the incident.

'Taemu-ssi, should I believe you?'

I looked at two people in front of me weakly. Turning my face to Hari, I looked her sincere. Last night, I thought she would harm me. But, now she was someone I could put my belief in. Letting Hari took the charge, I believe in her decision to save me from something. 'Just like last night!'

 I let them take the charge of me and my baby. They were the only people I should trust this time.  Throwing away my ego for my baby, I gave all the information I hide at all times. 

'The baby should be fine, first!' 

*****((()))*****

"Thanks, Taemu-ssi!" I said weakly after laying myself on my bed in the apartment. 

"I never knew that you live here. That's so nice!" He said while sightseeing the beach from the opened window in front of me. "Should I buy one here? This apartment also not bad for a single-man like me!" He winked at me, after roaming my apartment which only has one bedroom, bathroom, and living room with opened kitchen. 

No one would come to my place as I was the one who never let it be. I was scared everyone that who would get too close to me would leave. I was never scared to meet people, but since that incident, it was hurt if seeing them leaving you when you were already comfortable with them.
I hope they wouldn't leave me, especially at the state I hated to see.

"Do you want to buy for a certain reason?" I tried teasing him while letting out a slight smile diverting my worry from bad thoughts. I should throw it away before I harmed myself and my baby. At least, incidents in the hospital should be any evidence that they were good persons. 

"What do you mean?" He coughed and closing the window awkwardly before coming closer to me. I caught his blushing face while wiping his hands on his trousers. "Ah, right! What do you want for dinner? You need to weight for soon-to-be...ehmmm my nephew or niece?" He tilted his head aside while taking a seat at the bedside. 

"Anything you and Hari chose, I would enjoy it anyway," I whispered in a low voice in case Hari who was cleaning my luggage outside could hear.

"Yah...you..." he coughed while blushing and clasping his hands together. He took a deep breath and looked at me. "Anything, right?" He said while snapping at me. 

'I tried to trust them.'

-----

'Ding Dong'

The bell rang and woke me up from a 'nap'. Trying hard to wake up with dizziness, I walked weakly to the door to open the door.  She just can come but I forgot to let her know my passcode before leaving.

'Sigh.'

I took a step back when I opened the door. Someone I never imagined was standing with Hari who looked at me feeling wrong. With a slight smile, I let her come inside with the groceries. 

Turning my face to him, I looked at his cold eyes that twitched my heart. My heart mocked at me when I felt it. 

"Finally, you found me..." I smirked looking away from him. 

"Chaeyoon-ah..." 

"Jisung-ssi, I am sure that Hari-ssi had told you I need a rest," I said while trembling. My dizziness almost took over me. Meeting him this time, I just can't. 

"Did I hurt you that night?" his sudden question froze me. I laughed at myself. 'You couldn't hide anything from him. He knows anything you didn't know.' 

"No, you didn't." I looked at my belly, he reminded me about my baby. As I dropped my gaze at my belly, my world suddenly spun once again and I grabbed the nearest thing I could grab. I gasped and took a deep breath and tried to look at him. Realizing he was too much closer I took a step back more. I didn't want this feeling will be back again. 

Suddenly, I felt his hand grabbed my waist tightly.  His harsh grab made my hand fell on his shoulder for distance. 

"Are you okay?" 

"I am fine..." I whispered while trying to push him away.

"Chaeyoon-ah!" The rushed things that happened with my messy mind got me lost. I didn't know anything until I felt his face already much closer to me. 

Only looking at his face, scrunched my heart and I thought the best way that we shouldn't meet again. I turned my face away to lessen my pain but, suddenly I felt his hands lifting me. 'No, he shouldn't'

"Jisung-ssi, don't..." I tried to scream but it turned into a weak whisper. 

"I won't do anything. You need a rest." 

*****((()))*****

One reason that made me fall for him, he is a man with responsibility. He really kept his promise. Instead of forcing me for explanation or so on, he was feeding me with porridge in silence. There was no reason for me to reject his decent side. He never let out a word since he brought me to the bed. 

Asking Hari to go to the nearest restaurant that was still opened which was grandmother's instead of asking her to cook. While she was away, he took care of me. Wiping my sweat with a towel, helping me to get a drink, and wrapping myself with a blanket, he only looked at me without words. Instead of asking me to talk, he was just sitting on the bedside waiting for Hari to come while clasping his hands together massaging his forehead tiredly. The silhouette of him gave pain to my heart. 

And now, he just silently helping me with the meal. Right after I finished the meal, he let Hari came and he went away without telling me anything. My heart was hurt when he came, but it is even hurter when he left me. My tears fell suddenly and I covered my mouth not letting a sound holding it. But, holding something I shouldn't, hurting me more. 

"Thank you," I whispered and I felt Hari's hand wrapped my shoulders tightly. 

"You should have a rest, Chaeyoon-ssi!" She said while I tightening my grip on her shoulders. 

"Hari-ssi..." I let out my cry to her. 

'I am sorry and thank you, Jisung-ssi!'

*****((()))*****

I looked up to my right side on the bed and I found Hari was sleeping soundlessly. Suddenly, I remembered the scene before I fell into a deep sleep. Crying out loud letting my grudges and pain while Hari was embracing me tightly. My remorse on leaving him, the mistakes I made, and my longing for him. The pains I hid that I blurted, somewhat were relieving my weighted heart. The pain was much lessened and I hope I could live the new life again. 

 Looking at my left side, the clock showed that it was dawn already. The urge to puking suddenly hit me this early. Pulling out the blanket, I went to the bathroom outside. But then, I was freezing in front of the door, I found Jisung was sleeping soundlessly on the couch comfortably in between the dim light and a small space. 'He didn't go home.' 

----- 

Covering him with a thin blanket, I came closer to him after went out of the bathroom. This was the first time I looked at his sleeping face after so long. I wiped out softly his upper hair to see his eyes clearly and tugging my lips into a slight smile

"Thank you," I whispered in a low voice. After a long time I stared at his face, I went back to my room. Not even a second I woke up, suddenly I felt a hand grabbing mine. Stopping at the same place, I felt him woke up slowly from the couch and pulled my hand to come to him closer. 

"Sit..." he said softly. 

Ignoring him, I tried to walk but his hand grabbed my hand tightly. 

"Please, sit!" he ordered softer and obediently I took a seat beside him. 

"Why don't you go home?" I asked and I knew he was smirking while shaking his head in disbelief through the dim light.

"How can I?" he laughed. 

"You shouldn't be here..." 

"Why?"

"Because..." suddenly, I felt his hand wrapping my waist and dragged me closer until our faces only inches away. 

"You still love me?" He added mocking me. Only his tone was mocking, but his eyes told differently. His deep saddened eyes that told me his pain. His lips trembled to try to hold his tears. Tears that I don't know why he got that. Tears that I never see from his eyes. 

"Jisung-ssi..." I said when a tear escaped from his left eye streaming through his cheek. Slowly, I felt his hand covering my cheek softly and I felt his trembling lips on mine, giving me soft and broken kisses. Sometimes, I felt his tears wetting my cheeks but he kept on deepening the kiss gently while caressing my cheek softly. The long and soft kisses that told me how hurt he is until he ended it after minutes. As he pulled out the kisses, he wiped his tears as fast as he can, hiding them from me. 

"Jisung-ssi..." 

"Chaeyoon-ah..." he paused as closing his eyes deeply before taking a deep breath. He d his pocket and pulling out my left hand. And in a second I found our engagement ring was already on my ring finger. 

'How can he know that?'

Automatically, I tried to search for my necklace and it was nowhere to be found. 

"You never wear a necklace," he sighed with a slight pity smile. After sighing he looked at me sincerely while tightening his grip on my left hand. 

"Please, stay with me!" 

"I can't..."

"I can't let people harm our child..." he whispered in disbelief while I shouldn't feel weird about that. Trying to act normal, I put my big effort to make a wide faintly smile.

"Jisung-ssi..." I tried to snatch my hand but he never let my hand go.

"Please!" he stares at my eyes sharply. "Or let me stay with you here!" 

"I can't..."

"How can I let you are wandering alone and knowing someone wants to stab you also my child?" his tone suddenly raised while looking at me seriously.

"Even the one that wants to stab me, might be in Mount?" I blurt out my grudges to his surprised face and I saw him tightening his jaw in anger. 

"What?" he narrowed his eyes in disbelief. 

"Would you really protect my baby?" I asked with my wet eyes desperately. I tried to bargain to the one that I trust never hurt his own child. That was the only way to save my baby. 

-to be continued-

A/N:
Hi my beloved readers ^^
This is an update ^^

Hope you can enjoy the story ^^

With love,
Byeol-nim ❤