Chapter 5

UNSEEN (Female Version)

The most frightening news came to me in the early morning. The morning when I was still having a hard time choosing that I should put my trust in Jisung or not. But then it came the news about my brother's condition who suddenly collapsed after days in stable condition. It surely shocked me. I wasn't ready for it. I wasn't ready for the bad news. Holding in my worry, I went to the basement where my car was parked followed by Hari and Jisung who were left behind. My mind went blank as I tried to open the door recklessly. My eyes were blurry as I tried to open them frustratedly. Suddenly, I felt a strong hand grabbed my hand and took a charge of my key car. I felt a pair of arms on my shoulders tried to calm me. 

With his calmness, he opened the back door to let me take a seat first before he drove the car to the hospital. My hands were clasping in worry along the way to the hospital. Praying that my brother would be all fine, I almost lost my breath while I felt Hari's tap on my back softly.

In silence, he drove the car as fast as he can until we reached the hospital. As I reached the hospital I ran to my brother's room impatiently and found the doctors already grouped around my brother's. Looking at their relief's expression and at the equipment that still glued on him, I took a deep breath. The expressions slightly took the burden in my heart. 

"Ms. Chaeyoon. Luckily, we saved him..." the doctor in charge of my brother gave me a reassuring smile. The old aged wise man with his white hairs and warming eyesights under the glasses. His warm speech about my brother's condition got my leg weakened as I put my hands on my knees to balance myself. "The ventilator turned off a while ago and we almost couldn't make it."

"Thank you, Doctor!" 

Right after I said that the doctors left me alone in the room. Staring at his body and the equipment still worked well, almost emptying my burden. The sudden soft feeling made me stumbling and at the same time, I felt Hari beside me grabbing my shoulders not letting me fall. 

*****((()))*****

Hari had left me alone with my brother alone in the room after I calmed. I didn't know for how long I have been looking for him. But, after the sudden bad news, I felt like I shouldn't have gone even just for a minute from his side. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that. With all those companies' things and the truth that should be revealed.

Taking my chair closer to him, I held his hand softly and pulled it closer to my cheek. The truth should be revealed. Like they weren't enough taking my parents' lives, they still tried to take my brother. Even more pathetic, they wanted me. Also, my unborn child.

"Oppa, how are you? I am missing you." 
With a weakly smile, I looked at his shut tight eyes in pity. The face that would never this silence for so long. The person that always told me to do the right things and so on after my parents left us.

"Oppa, I am sorry." 

The long silence of him, hurting me. This also reminded me of the way he talked about me when I volunteered myself to spying on Mount especially Jisung. He told me that I shouldn't use my feeling when I did that but, it turned out like this. Tearing up, my tears streamed over my face. 

"I am pregnant, Oppa..."

I blurt out the good news that was different for him. Smiling in irony, I wiped my tears away. The news that might make him go crazy. The news of my engagement was enough to make a big fuss for us and now I am pregnant. If he was conscious right now, he might come to Jisung and beat him up. With his background as Cassanova and so on, it wouldn't be weird if my brother will harm Jisung. Even though, I always made sure that Jisung wasn't a bad person. 

"I know, this is my mistake..."

My grip tightened on him. The mistakes that haunted me. The mistake started when I walked on a different path as it should be. The different path that brought me much closer to the person I should hate at first. The person who owned Mount, our biggest rivalry company. My hand rubbed his hand gently with a faintly smile. 

"I almost got stabbed by someone two days ago. I almost lose my baby..."

"Jisung had known it all even though I am not trying..." 

I paused and the view of last night when Jisung told me that reappeared that ironically warm my heart when I shouldn't do that in front of my brother who tried hard for our parents' justice.

"He promised me..."

"He told me that he will protect my baby." 

Like I always tried when he scolded me about my relationship with Jisung. He warned me about this kind of thing and it happened. This when I chose to convince my brother that Jisung was different from Mount. And I ignored his warning because of my feeling that shouldn't be here that ruined our plan.

"How about this Oppa?"

"I don't know who to trust... Please!" 

"Please wake up! Give me a solution for this ..." I whispered lightly. Suddenly I felt his finger twitched and I looked up at him waiting for him to open his eyes but, he never opened up his eyes.

"Oppa..." 

*****((()))*****

Walking out of my brother's room, I found him waiting for me on the couch alone. The presence of dead tired person after work. I looked outside the glass window and the sun almost set. I sighed knowing that I have been waiting for my brother that long. Slowly, I walked toward Jisung while he turned his gaze at me with a slight smile. He looked all tired and pat the couch on the right side beside him. As I took a seat beside him, he handed me a bottle of mineral water and a slice of cake.

"Have you done?" He asked gently and I nodded. "You should take a bit for a meal, even though you get a severe morning sickness." He reminded me. The fact that I am pregnant and I should put myself before anyone. His words warmed me and pulled me into a smile.

"Where is Hari?" I asked trying to change the topic. Looking to wherever around me, I couldn't get a glimpse of her presence since she chose to leave me alone with my brother. 

"Ah, Taemu came and brought her together with him." He said casually and opened up the bottle before giving it to me. 

"You know that Taemu..." 

"I know everything," he said while giving me the bottle and asked me to take a sip first. 

"Taemu didn't do anything. I mean between the companies..."

"Do you think I have a thought that Taemu is related to you about our companies problems?"

"No, I mean..." 

"I know he is the one who helps you..." he paused for a while and stared at me in sincere."...also our baby. Even though, I was angry with him because he was hiding it all from me. I have met him and as the director, I scolded him already." he giggled while looking down to the floor. 

"But, why are you still here for me even though I stole some important documents of yours?"

"And it is the reason I am still here..." he gulped his throat straying his sight away from me. "I want to know why are you doing that..."

As it should be, he is the director and he would never easily let go of his company problem easily. Gulping my water to clear out my throat I looked away from him. 

"But also, I want to know the reason why someone wants to harm you also your family," his word paused and made me pull out the bottle slowly. "I want to know the truth," he added. "The truth that might help us together again."

*****((()))*****

Dropped on my knees after knowing the news from Jisung who talks to me casually. Even weeks before I heard this, he was still in stable condition. We reached him. And he was still breathing also he moved his fingers even he was still unconscious.

'My brother has died'

'How can I describe this?'

'Did they leave me just like that?'

'Leaving me alone with all the s!'

'Leaving me alone to fight with Mount!?'

My tears escaped from my eyes drenching my face. The news held my heart tighter until suffocating me. Speechless, I scrunched my face in pain in a daze. The fact that told me I would face it myself from now on. It was just unbelievable. It was just right when I started putting my trust in Jisung.

My eyes blurred with the waters I was holding after I heard the news. Not holding my sobs, I cried louder while tightening the grip on my wrecked heart. Looking at who was standing in front of me with an indescribable feeling. As I predicted, he wouldn't know what I feel. He looked calm with the news while I was crying hard on the floor. From the situation, I couldn't know that I should hate or put my belief in him. The part of Mount that was my rival. I should just be aware when he let Hari leave us alone since he always protecting me since that day when he found out about my pregnancy. I believed all his words but then he said this news casually to me. Without bad feelings or anything. 

'Wouldn't he be the happiest one with this news?'

Even from the start, all my family died in their hands. Wiping my tears harshly, I realized that he was also the one who gave me the news. Sighing deeply for my stupidity, I mocked myself. He was still Mount's Director, and it was undeniable. I grabbed his collar tightly while trying to have the same eye level as him. As expected he was calm all the way, even though I stared at him with hatred I have for a long time for Mount. Scrunching my face in hate, I looked at him. 
Only with the words of he would protect me and my baby, I fell for him. Indeed I didn't catch his intention that he would only protect my baby, not my family. It hurt me when I finally realized it. 

"This is because of Mount!" I said with my trembling voice to him. 

"Chaeyoon-ah..."

"THIS IS BECAUSE OF MOUNT! THIS IS BECAUSE OF YOU! I TOLD YOU MOUNT KILLED MY FAMILY! GO AWAY!" I tightened my grab on his collars and hit his chest harshly letting out my grudges. I should just remember my brother's word that you shouldn't easily believe someone. And my mistake that I put my love for him for no reason. Especially, Mount.

"GO AWAY JISUNG-SSI! YOU ARE SIMILAR TO THEM. YOU..." I screamed louder when suddenly he grabbed my hands that hit him tightly and stared at me. Trying hard to hit him again harder, he tightened his grip while tightening his jaw. 

"Listen to me!" he said with a deep voice while looking at me bravely. "He is still alive!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? YOU JUST TOLD ME..." 
"Chaeyoon-ah. Believe me!" 

"How can I believe you when you changed your words in an instant?" I pulled away from my hands from his grip.

"I saw him..." he gulped his throat before saying those words while scratching his brow uneasily.

"Him?" 

"The one who might kill your parents."

"How can I..."

"I moved your brother to a more private room. I moved him to another hospital."

"Why did you do that?"

"We should give Mount what they want..." he paused when he said those words while biting his lower lip. "I mean, I won't betray Mount but, I also can't let you go..." he sighed while putting his hands on his waist.

"I know it's impossible to betray Mount, but I will try to look for the truth. I will try to be fair and if Mount did that, I will take responsibility. As the director..." he ended his word while raising his brow uneasily. I knew him. It was his pain. Leaving me speechless, we ended up in a long cold silence. 

"What kind of responsibility?" I asked carefully. 

"I will do whatever you want..."

*****((()))*****

Jisung brought me to the place where my brother was laying with all the equipment with him. In a room in the new hospital with the same doctor. The same doctor that treated my brother from the first time he came. The doctor had met with me and given me an explanation about the condition as I reached his new VIP room that was placed on the highest floor of the hospital.

"Ms. Chaeyoon, I am sorry if I make you worry about the news. But, I also thought it is a better option for him. Thanks to your fiance!" He said with a pure smile.  

"Thank you, Doctor!" I bowed repeatedly after knowing his explanation. The most important thing was my brother is still alive. The fact itself relieved me. The doctor then told me the improvement of my brother's condition day by day and the only one was we just waited for him to wake up. After he explained much to me, he left. Not long after that, Jisung came toward me. 

"He refused at first when I asked to announce his death..." he said with his hands folding on his chest. "But, I tried hard to convince them."

"Why do you want to announce my brother's death?" I asked curiously.

"I saw the person who tried to harm your brother that day," we exchanged our sights when he told me that. "If he still knew that your brother is still alive, he will always try to harm him. Especially at his condition right now." He sighed and scratched his chin while scrunching his face. "And it is true. The man tried to harm your brother after we left for nth times. After some trials, the doctor finally understood my wish to announce his death and called me."

"Why are you still..."

"Caring for you?" he asked while looking at me with a soft smile. "I am caring for our future..."
Speechless, I didn't know what to say. He did something beyond my imaginations. My brother's needs were out of his reach but he tried to save him more than I think.

"I know, this will make disadvantages for us in the future. I am as the director of Mount, wouldn't easily believe what you're trying to say..." I looked at him sharply with a deep sigh. No doubt, he is the straightforward man I have ever seen. "But also, I can't shut my eyes for the truth that someone harms my family. Especially, if it is true that the one who tries to do that is coming from Mount." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I will help you to unfold the truth."

"Thanks for that..." I shake my head showing a disagreement about it. He is still the part of Mount even I tried to deny it. 

"I am serious. I will help us."

"Us?"

"Us!" He added while looking at our rings and also to my womb. Biting my lower lip uneasily, I looked up at his eyes. 

"What do you want?"

"Who is the one that you're suspicious of in Mount?" 

"Go Seokjin," 

"Is that the reason why do you steal his documents?" He came forward to me.

"If you don't want to help, just go!" 

"But, the man is not him," he paused for a while. "Or Go Seokjin paid him?" He scratched his chin while looking at me. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I saw someone from Mount but not Go Seokjin..."
 
*****((()))*****

Trying to be calm in front of the guests that were giving their last tribute to my brother's photo in the middle of the bunch of chrysanths flower. Even I knew it myself that he was still alive I still can't imagine if he were leaving me this early. 
With the help of my pregnancy, I shouldn't have to act fragile as it should be. Jisung, Hari, and Taemu were there with their black attires standing outside. As the Mount representative, he let Hari and Taemu helped me in the funeral ceremony while he was standing away but enough for me to see him from the place he was. I tried to follow his plan that we talked about in my brother's room. I hoped it was my right decision since it was for the truth about Mount and Ridge. If it was true that Mount did everything to harm my family, he would take the responsibility in the name of Mount. Also if it wasn't, I will be the one who takes the responsibility and not making a mess with Mount in the future.

Three days of the funeral ceremony ended without problems. The news about Ridge Heir had passed away was spreading with the help of media. And I was the one who became the next representative. All of it wouldn't go as it should be if he didn't help me.

Looking at Jisung's seriousness in helping me twitched my heart. He must be ready with all consequences he would get in the future. Helping his rival to find the truth also at the same time he should prioritize his company first. 

-----

There we were in my unit still in our black attire in my living room in the apartment. Sitting on the couch I put a warm tea that I just drank on the table. Taemu and Hari were already out there leaving us together. Slowly, he came to me and was sitting on the floor while massaging my calf gently. Feeling awkward I pulled my leg, but he stopped me. Curious about his sudden move, I looked down at him who was already pulling his sleeves with his messy hair and leaving two buttons of his shirt open.

"Have you felt any better?" He said looking at my leg with a faintly smile. 

"You shouldn't have done this," I said with a lower voice.

"You must be tired over there. I am sorry, Daddy asked your mother to do this." He said while massaging my calf gently. His touch on my leg tickled my heart. Pausing for a minute, he continued his wors, "You will be fine. I will protect you at all cost." 

"Jisung-ssi..." 

"Don't be scared! Daddy is here too for you. Do you feel happy over there? Daddy can't wait to see you..."

Ignoring all my words, he kept talking by himself with his unborn child in my womb. Even though the baby was still far from being understood, he still kept talking to himself with his child. Tearing up, I chose to look away from him not to stream it all over my face.

-to be continued-

A/N
Hi my beloved readers ^^
Here is an update ^^

Thanks for reading and supporting this story!
Hope you enjoy reading this story ^^

With love, 
Byeol-nim ❤