Chapter 3

UNSEEN (Female Version)

Looking at the glass window still watching my unconscious laid body of my brother with that equipment all over his body. This time only me, the one who should continue our fight over our parents. And before I get rid of them, my brother already laid on the bed helplessly and didn't know when will he regain his consciousness.

Suddenly, I remembered when we confidently making up plans over Mount. Years of planning and they still tried to manage their power. My tears escaped from my eyes remembering how hard my brother tried to build up the power for Ridge and at the same time planned for getting rid of Mount. But, when we tried to be brave to fight over them, we almost pay it with my brother's life. 

Even for his comma state, I should put up extra protection for my brothers. I scared. I was scared they would take my brother away as they did to my parents. 

Now, when I was standing by myself, the only choices I have were ignoring the companies or fighting back to get justice for my parents' life. It was my first-ever plan for Mount before I fell for him deeply. The new director of Mount who didn't know the thing got between Mount and me. The worst was I couldn't be professional like my brother had warned before I willingly came to be a bait. 

And now, the worst thing had happened. My brother's life is at stake. Pushing all my heart for him, I was trying to stand steady for the company even I was by myself. Ignoring him. Even better if I threw away my feelings before another incident happens.

"Should I accompany you, Director?" Shin Woohyun voice distracted me from looking at my brother. Weakly, I looked at him with a slight smile. He reminded me about the meeting between Jisung and me in the bar where he usually goes. Shin Woohyun the trusted person in Ridge since my brother led the company.

"I am fine. Can you just be here to look for my brother?" Instead of accompanying me to the bar, my brother's safety should be the priority at this time.

"But, it would be in the bar, Director!" he added worrying me, the new director who should be the rival of her beloved one and still weak over the feeling. 

"He would never harm me," I whispered in pity for myself. 

*****((()))*****

He would never harm me but, he never thinks times to hurt my heart. Like he did when I first touched the couch in the VIP room he had reserved before. Flirting with ladies and drinking beers he used to do. The way he promised me that he would never drink beers when I wasn't around still lingered to me. He keeps his promise. He never drinks when I wasn't around. Even though, he was drinking with ladies beside him.
My heart twitched when the ladies trying to touch him. The glint of the ladies' sights clearly showed me that they were the winner there where I was a stranger that shouldn't be with the man between them especially with my suits other than the tightly wrapped dress that barely cover their fair skin.

I shouldn't see that but...

My eyes were getting weighted as the tears tried to escape. The times when they started touching him made me trying to flee from the place. Until I couldn't hold that anymore and give him a chance with those ladies. Surprisingly, he stopped his session and asked the ladies to go out. As the ladies went out, the sudden awkward tension that we had, also made me want to leave the room as the ladies did. However, before I reached the door, my hand was grabbed by him tightly.

"Why are you doing that?" he said after the ladies went out of the room leaving us. His grab was tightened on my hand while I was still trying to get my grip. I looked at his eyes trying to be calm. His eyes were different. This time they filled with hatred. My heart couldn't help it that also make my eyes tearing up. Suddenly, I felt my back bumped against the wall and his grip tightened on my shoulders. I sighed in disbelief. 'He could do that to you ' I hide my heart who might be laughed louder at me seeing this moment.

"I don't think we need to talk about this, Jisung Director-nim..." I replied trying to be steady looking at him.

"Is it a game for you?" He gritted his teeth trying to hold his anger.

"I don't get it, Jisung-ssi..." 

He gritted his teeth hard curving his lips looking at me. I stared at him bravely which wasn't at all. His intimidating stares at me make my heart thumped hardly. I knew he would never be easily giving up on me and suddenly I felt his lips crashed mine harshly. The kiss he never did to me. The kiss meant he passed his limitation. I could feel his anger. I tried hard to let him go but he was stronger than me. I pushed him hard and finally, he could make his way back. 

'PLAK' 

I slapped his cheek after the kiss. 'Get your grip, Chaeyoon-ah! You did well!' I managed my breath while holding my tears that readily to fall anytime. 

"I think we should be professional, Jisung-ssi!" I left him hurriedly before my tears mocking me up in front of him. I wiped my tears that uncontrollably streaming on my face. The more I wiped my tears they kept coming until I covered my trembling lips and stopped my way in the middle of halfway out of the room. I don't know what kind of force suddenly pulled me down and kneeling on the floor. The one I knew my heart was tearing apart and I suffocated. 

'PRANG' 

I heard the bottle was shattered one by one in the room I just left before. 

"I am sorry..." I sobbed. "I am sorry..." 

*****((()))*****

Rubbing my face with water in the restroom I tried to collect my sanity. The swollen red eyes and the water that dripped from my hair after I washed it thoroughly. The pain still remained deep inside as I kept hearing the broken things in the room that I left. 

'Regret'

I didn't have a right to say that word. The incident itself was caused by me at first. I was the one who did wrong to him. And thanks to myself, that night was the first time I sat the view of him losing his temper around me. He was holding it himself in the past but then he lost it that night. Holding my chest, I felt my heart beat faster thinking about how he had gone enraged.

'Brak' 

I turned to face the door that was suddenly closed by someone with her scared face. The messy hair and scars and bruises on her face and arms and legs, she tried on fleeing from someone. The red maroon dress that was torn apart that she tried to hide with her palms recklessly. Right after she entered, she dropped on the floor while biting her nails. 

Slowly, I approached her and went to meet her eyes. I tried to touch her shoulder when she dodges like she was being in shock. She looked at me in being petrified.

"Miss, Are you fine?" I asked carefully. Instead of answering, she bit her nails and hugging herself tighter. Ignoring my presence, she roamed her sight to the room in an alert. "We are alone, Miss." 
She still didn't budge even for an inch. Looking at her shiver which I didn't know whether it was caused by the room or she was being scared. Looking at her condition, I pulled out my outer suit and wrapped it to her petite body slowly. Luckily, she didn't refuse to wear that. She wrapped her body tighter with my suit nodding her head without saying anything. I frowned when she strayed her eyes away from my eyes. 

"Miss, This is for you," I handed her money on her grip tightly. Finally, she looked at me even with confusion. "You should flee from this place soon. Fix your hair and wear my suit to cover yourself from anyone who tries to catch you. Hope it will help you!" I smiled before leaving.

*****((()))*****
I drove my car to somewhere I could reach after leaving the bar. As I parked my car, I sighed my breath and arranged my seat in stress. Even I tried to make myself steadier, that was the only place I always go. Tons of worries still haunted me that also the reason why I was there. Worrying about what will happen to him after being drunk. Worrying him messing up, harming himself, nor hurting himself.

"He would be in a mess after drinking, you come just to make sure he wouldn't make a mess in his house..." I mumbled to reassure myself after I parked my car in front of his house that we used to live. 

Trying to stray my sight away from the commotion in my mind that had happened that day, I looked at the front yard and my mind was blown away to the times when we were still together. The times when I never expected to be like this when we are standing against each other for our own deed. For our own sakes without caring about each other's feelings anymore. The table has turned and we are standing on our feet to protect our company. However, I am not only protecting my company but also my parents' death that the reason for their death remained secret from the public. I gripped my steer tightly as I remember my parents'. Furrowing my brows in pain that suddenly aroused from me even after years passed. The pain mixed with my parents and him. 

As I lost myself from my dazed, I suddenly felt the light came nearer after hours of waiting. The car that I was familiar with. From the windows, I could see two persons in the backseat of Taemu's car. Stopping the car in front of the gate, Taemu ran to the gate and open it in hurry.

As soon as he opened the gate, I get off of my car and came closer without he was realizing it. He couldn't see my appearance when I saw his worrying face focused on the backseat. Following his sight, I peeked at the backseat and there was a presence of a woman beside him. My heart thorn apart knowing the fact that he was fine without me. 

Even though, I was the one who left him at first. 
Taemu's car entered the yard slowly and I heard commotion after Taemu opened the back door. Jisung was dragging a woman with him forcefully while Taemu was frozen couldn't do anything. His frozen state grew up my curiosity. I gazed at the woman who was trying hard to lessen Jisung's grip when suddenly I realized the suit the woman was wearing. Unconsciously, I ran to Taemu. 

"Chaeyoon-ssi..." he mumbled in shock after seeing me.

"What is happening?" I asked in worry after looking at the woman I met in the restroom and Jisung who forcefully dragged her with him.

"I PAID YOU!!!" I heard Jisung was screaming and followed by the woman who came closer grabbing my hand for help. Right, it was her. 

"Help me, please!" She pleaded to me and I turned my face to Taemu. 

"Taemu-ssi... Please help this woman! I know her. I will clean this mess before he realizes," I said to Taemu and diverted my gaze to the woman. "Miss, He is a good person. I will meet you after cleaning this mess..." I said in hurry and suddenly I felt someone drag myself to the embrace behind. 
Jisung dragged me in his hug tightly to the house and I felt my back hit the wall as we reached the main door. Right before I got to realize what was happening, I felt his lips harshly gulping mine hungrily. He showed his dominancy from it while I was trying to get my grip together from the mess. For these times, I hardly put my wall hard for him since I announced I am the director of Wooden while my inner self betrayed me. 

"Do you think you can run away from me? This little ..." he said with the strong alcohol coming from him. Smelling the strong alcohol, my head was spinning and growing up nausea from myself. The smell was strong enough on pricking my nose that made me frowning at him.

"This ..." he paused. My heart thumped faster when I saw his vulnerable side which I would never imagine before. I saw his pain through his eyes and his messy side on the same day.

"Chaeyoon-ah..." he murmured my name once again while his thumbs on my cheeks
"Chaeyoon-ah..." he grabbed my cheeks closer to him and crashed my lips softly. He ignored my silence and kept and feeling my lips while I was frozen. "I miss you..." he said between kisses. He tried hard to open the door behind me and we were inside the house that I would never think to come after my brother's incident. 

"Chaeyoon-ah..." he grunted which weakened me. That was the moment when the memories of my parents, my brother, and the man in front of me were showing like slides of scenes on my mind showing their loves to me. And it showed as they needed me to choose one between them while I can't. 

'Am I doing wrong this time?'

I kept questioning myself. 

'I am sorry, Brother. I can't.'

Giving up from the rivalry, I found out myself grabbing his collars for balance. Feeling his touch again, and holding him closer to me.

"Chaeyoon-ah..." he pulled me closer and kissed me deeper. That time I kissed him back just for that night.

*****((()))*****

Seating helplessly on the hospital bed in a daze after Jisung went out giving me the USB that filled with the footage of me in his company. I put on a slight smile wiping a tear that suddenly escaped from my eyes. I strayed my sight on the room weakly as my head spinning and I couldn't even have an urge to get out from the bed. The pain was still there and the doctor asked me to get days of bed rest.

I couldn't think anything that day. The situation that I never imagined would happen. Listening to what the doctor had said, I suddenly realized. That was a time that I should put myself first other than anyone.

When I was spacing out about my condition, someone opened the door and she came with a bucket of roses. Different from last night, with her bruises and scars, she still tried to smile. Coming closer to me, she gave me the bucket.

"This might be from him..." I finally could hear her soft voice followed by her bright face of freedom. 

"I know..." I received the bucket. Staring at the bucket, I smelt the roses I hold. Touching the roses also warming my heart only just knowing it was from him.

"He must be loving you so much, Chaeyoon-ssi!" she took a seat on the chair beside me.

"How did you know my name, Miss?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders before gave me her hand. 

"I am Hari, Lee Hari..." she smiled. "Thanks for last night. You helped me twice."

"That is fine. You helped me too..." I mumbled smiling at her.

"How lucky you are to be loved by someone like him..." her words froze me. Right, I was lucky to have him. But, it was different by now. I smiled faintly while pulling out the card diverting the topic from her. 

Looking at the note, my lips curved into a smile. He is still the same. He still writes "Honey" on it.
 
"This is from Daddy..." I mumbled while lightly to my still flat tummy.

-Flashback-

Trying hard to reach the door as I felt the sharp pain in my lower abdomen soon as I realized it. The blood that I saw on the bed got me scared. With my wobbly legs, I finally came out from the house, panting. Suddenly, I saw two persons who were still there running for me in worry. Taemu and the woman I didn't know her name yet. 

"Help me, Taemu-ssi!" I hardly spoke while gasping, tried to hold my pain that was getting intense.

-----

That was the first mistake I made for my baby. The doctor said that I am carrying a baby and it was already its fifth weeks in my womb without I am realizing it. I bit my lip in worry for my baby when I knew it. Luckily, the baby is safe. I couldn't hope for more other than my baby. 
The new soul that would accompany me when I am alone. The new soul that lives inside me. 
The night was longer than usual. The incidents that came up together in one night actually drained me. But, the night also brought happiness for me. Only imagining there is someone I should put my love for over anything grew up my excitement. 

And at the end of day, the incidents wrapped up nicely with the help of people that were still in the room with me. The woman that was still wrapped in my suit who laid on the couch after draining herself through the night and the man who was sitting on the chair beside me, still being puzzled with what happened between me and his director. 

"Chaeyoon-ssi, should I inform him?" Taemu asked me after I got into my room. He was the only one that I trust in Mount. The one who put his loyalty to Mount especially Jisung. No wonder, Jisung trusted him much. 

"You know what is happening between us lately, Taemu-ssi..." I murmured with a faintly smile. 

"But, he should know about this..." he whispered while looking at the sleeping body on the couch, trying to not waking the woman.

"Taemu-ssi, he would know it by himself." 

I don't know why I said those words. The words also gave me pain knowing it was impossible. Impossible for people who were standing against each other, being happy at the same time with the same good news. Only thinking about it, I was crying hard in sudden. The irony that he told me before and finally I understand the meaning. The irony that separated us. And again, I am still thinking about him in this condition. Jisung with the memories broke me inside. Taemu was in silence when I cried letting out my pain. Covering my mouth and biting my lower lip tightly I tried to redeem my voice which would turn into a scream.

"Alright, you don't have to force yourself. Just concern to your pregnancy, Chaeyoon-ssi!" he said while tapping my shoulder softly. 

-to be continued- 

A/N:
Hi my beloved readers ^^
Here is an update ^^

Thanks for supporting these stories also Lovely Fluffies that is still on-going to like Unseen, it makes my days ^^ 

Enjoy the story^^

With love,
Byeol-nim❤