Chapter 9 - What if?

Part of Me (will always be yours)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine

 

It's already 11am, you woke up late and you still don't have any plans on getting up anytime soon. Instead you lay in your bed, looking at the nothing while the events of last night is swarming your head. It was fun and it feels like a dream, but whenever you remember the fun part you would also remember why you are not in the mood to get up today. Maybe, it was really a dream.

 

"Someone had a date last night~" Hyewon said, when she entered the room her bow and quiver on her hands.

 

You didn't say anything instead you just looked at her, then return on staring to nothingness.

 

"What happened?" Hyewon ask, sitting in your bed.

 

“Nothing happened," You answered, flatly

 

"Don't lie to me, Yujin" she said shifting from her seat and sitting cross legged on your bed.

 

Hyewon waited for you to answer her question, but you keep mum. You thought that maybe if you remain silent, she would give up but no she did not, minutes have passed and she’s still looking expectantly at you, studying you. Heaving a deep sigh, you got up and sit on your bed facing her.

 

"I told Minjoo that, I like her last night" You finally said.

 

"You did?” Hyewon replied with amuse smile “Didn't know you are that brave, Yujin" she added clearly just to tease you.

 

"Actually, let me rephrase” You started with the click of your tongue, “Minjoo ask me if I have crush on her and I find it pointless to even deny it because, she recited all the reason she can think of, on why she came to that conclusion. So, I told her that I do, that I indeed like her a lot" you continued with a sigh giving Hyewon the short version of what happened.

 

"Minjoo and her directness," Hyewon said, shaking her head "I guess it didn't end up well, considering your attitude right now" she added, arching her brow.

 

"Quite the opposite… actually," You said, suddenly getting shy "I told her I like her a lot then she just smiled and kissed me on my cheeks, saying she missed me then she entered her cabin" You said, blushing.

 

Hyewon stared at you, gaping then she gave you another amuse smile.

 

"Wait, you mean the girl you like kissed you on your cheek right after you told her you like her and now your sulking here?!" she said exasperatedly.

 

You just nodded and Hyewon laughed, like what happened is funny. You wanted to tell her to stop laughing, but then you realize you didn’t care about what she thinks. All your care about right now is that uncertainty you’ve been feeling since last night.

 

"You know that Minjoo is leaving again today, right?" Hyewon said, when she finishes her laughing spree.


Again, you just nodded of course you knew, she told you last night. That's the reason why she told you to meet her at the Half Blood Hill today, because she still needs to go back to her university. Minjoo said she still have exams and requirements that she need to finish. That's one of the things you’ve been thinking about since you woke up. You’re going to spent another week without seeing Minjoo. You already miss her just by thinking about it.

 

"Seriously Yujin, what's wrong?" Hyewon ask curiously, upon realizing that you are not in the mood to deal with her teasing today.

 

"You know, I honestly thought she'll get upset at me for having feelings for her but she didn't. Instead she acted like she’s relieve to finally hear me confess my feelings for her. I was really happy last night, beyond happy actually." You replied, fidgeting with your fingers "Then I saw Cabin 7 and suddenly it feels like I woke up from a dream. I came back to my senses and remember that Minjoo has girlfriend, Chaewon might not be here right now but she is still Minjoo's girlfriend. That alone is enough to make me feel uncertain… and afraid."

 

And utterly hurt.

 

"That's the reason why you are sulking here right now, instead of spending time with her before she leaves the camp again?" Hyewon said, with a sigh.

 

"Well, I can't help but get confuse on why Minjoo acted that way" you simply replied “Why it seems she’s leading me on, when she’s already in a relationship”

 

Hyewon didn’t say anything, she’s looking at you with her brows furrowed. It seems like she’s in deep thought.

 

"Let me tell you something Yujin," Hyewon said, after sometime "You are aware, that me and Minjoo are close right? We’ve been here at Camp for years now, we grew up together and she’s like a real sister to me,”

 

You look at her listening intently on what she has to say.

 

“One thing I know about her is that, Minjoo see things from different angles, before she decides to do something, she'll view the situation from different sides. Minjoo, she considers every factor that might affect her decisions and actions, that is one of her traits that she got from being Athena’s daughter. Even with simple situation, she strategizes” she explains, still looking at you.

 

She just looks at you, waiting for your reaction. But you just stared at her, waiting for her to elaborate because you are not in the mood to think right now. You tried to understand what she means but you just can’t relate it your situation right now.

 

“What I want to say is that, Minjoo knows what she's doing,” Hyewon sighed when she realizes that you didn’t got what she wants to say “You're right, it is confusing but why don't you ask her, instead of overthinking. I am sure Minjoo will answer those questions that have been bugging you."

 

"I'm afraid," you muttered, biting your lower lip “What if the answers she’ll give me are not the answers that I am hoping for. What if… what if I get hurt with her answers,” you said, swallowing the lump in your throat.

 

“Then you have to accept it, Yujin” Hyewon said, lightly squeezing your hand “You have to accept it and respect it, no matter how painful it is. That’s how it is, Baby Sis”

 

Instead of answering, you just chewed you lower lip and then collapse on your bed, not knowing what to do and what to feel about it. You don’t know if you are ready to hear Minjoo’s answers, especially if those answers are not in your favor. You’re not fond of pain, you want to avoid it as much as you can.

 

"Did you know," Hyewon started, with a sigh looking down at you "Minjoo wasn’t supposed to be here last night, she wasn’t supposed to be back yet, not even for the Fourth of July celebration. But she went back here, to tell Chiron personally that she'll be extending her stay outside the camp, she can just Iris message him but Minjoo didn’t. You know why? because she told you that you two will watch the fireworks together. She have gone through all those lengths, for you”

 

Hyewon stop from speaking, studying you but your expression gave nothing away. You are too busy absorbing the words she just said and too stunned to even react right now. She sighed once again and continued.

 

“She was supposed to leave right after her talk with Chiron last night yet she didn't, she stayed here, for you. I heard Argus was upset because he waited for Minjoo at the highway at the foot of the hill for hours last night. He was supposed to drive Minjoo back to her apartment on Manhattan but she didn't show up,” Hyewon said, dangling her feet on the edge of your bed “Minjoo practically ghosted the head of the camp security last night. Do you know where she is?" Hyewon asks, quirking her brow at you.


Again, you are stunned with what you heard. You aren’t aware of those things. Minjoo did mention that she needs to go back to Manhattan but she failed to mentioned that she was supposed to leave last night that someone is waiting for her. That she ghosted Argus for you.


"She's with me last night" you muttered, putting your arms over your eyes “We hangout until past midnight last night”

 

"You’re right, she chose to spend her night with you instead of going back to her apartment, instead of finishing her university requirements. She travelled from Manhattan last night, instead of resting or getting ready for her exams." Hyewon said, you felt her standing up from your bed "I think that speaks volumes, Yujin" she said.

 

For the nth time todays, you didn't say anything you just lay there thinking and feeling guilty, Minjoo told you to meet her at the Hill today but she didn't mention what time. It’s nearly noon and if she was supposed to leave last night, there's a big chance that she already left early in the morning. You may have already lost your chance on seeing her before she leaves the camp and talking to her. All because you chose to sulk and wallow here in your cabin.

 

"And one more thing, Yujin" Hyewon said breaking you from your own thoughts.

 

You turned to her and she's already sitting on her own bed looking at you.

 

"You are Aphrodite's daughter, we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter