Chapter 10 - I Can Speak French

Part of Me (will always be yours)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Ten

 

With Minjoo not being at camp, you found yourself hanging around with your friends more. You attended Yuri’s music class but gave up halfway because the string of the guitar you used kept on snapping. In the end you resorted into practicing your archery skills with Wonyoung. Yena, Nako and Hitomi came back from their mission just three days ago but you still haven’t thanked Yena, she’s busy with Yuri and you don’t want to bother them. Winter have been bugging you for days now, she just won't give up on asking what you and Hyewon was talking during that one lunch. You keep on dodging her by diverting the topic to Karina, your half-sister seems to lost her tongue whenever you mention that Hermes girl. Hyewon on the other hand seems a lot more excited as days passed by. Every time you ask her, she would simply smile at you and say in a sing-song tone,

 

"I'll be seeing Eunbi soon~"

 

You can't believe just how smitten she is to the Hunter. She is still head over heels with the girl she cannot have and you cannot decide whether to be sad for her or admire her for that.

Today, you and Nako decide to spend your time at the strawberry field. You were resting at the Amphitheater earlier, after you finished your sword fight with that one kid from Ares cabin, when Nako saw you and decided to drag you here. Nako was telling stories about their trip on North Carolina, she keeps on ranting how stubborn the demigod they rescued was. While you just listen, giving comments and reactions on her story.

 

"Minjoo is supposed to arrive today, right?" Nako asks out of nowhere, while she tugs the weeds near her.

 

"Is she?" you retorted, trying to appear surprise.

 

But then of course you perfectly know that she's coming back today. That's the reason why you have been restless since you woke up. You don't even know if it is because you are excited to see her again after a week or it is because of the dread you feel towards your impending talk. You are nervous, she said you will talk once she comes back and she’s coming back today. You honestly don’t know what to feel right now.

 

"Trying to appear clueless, are we?" Nako said, shaking her head "Don't act like you're not dying to see Miss Head Counselor again" she added, smirking at you.

 

"Dying? You're exaggerating, Nako" you answered, chuckling as you stand up from your seat "I'm going back to our cabin now" you continued.

 

"You are dodging the conversation, Yujin" Nako countered looking at you with another smirk.

 

"I'm not," you said, laughing at her "I just want to rest"

 

"Whatever you say, Ahn"

 

"See you at dinner, small bean" you said, waving your hand at her

 

Clearly, Nako didn't like the nickname, because she throws a small rock at you, that nearly hit your face. Laughing at her you run back towards Cabin Ten, you entered your cabin and not surprise when the first thing you saw is your siblings comparing the make ups and clothes they have. You walk straight to your bed not minding their stares and fell asleep.

It was already dinner time when Winter woke you up, you walked towards the Pavilion together. Like you always do, your eyes unconsciously darted towards the direction of the Cabin Six’ table, and just like what you expected she’s not there.

 

“She’s not back yet,” Winter said, tugging you towards the direction of your table.

 

“Who?” you simply replied, walking ahead of her.

 

You took a sit at your usual seat and she sat beside you. Surprisingly, Hyewon is nowhere to be found.

 

“Come on, Sissy” she said, nudging your arm “Stop denying it, in case you didn’t know you look at their table whenever you enter this Pavilion” she said, with teasing smile.

 

“What are you talking about?” you ask, trying to appear clueless, you didn’t realize that your half-sister have been paying attention to you.

 

“Try harder, Yujin” she said, smirking at you “Until you convince yourself” she added laughing lightly

 

“Whatever, Winter” you said rolling your eyes at her and focus on your meal

 

After the meal you rush out of the Dining Pavilion, walking briskly towards the direction of the forest. You are planning to go at the cliffside. Hoping to spend your time there, like you usually do every night. But Hyewon suddenly appeared out of nowhere and dragged you towards Hestia’s Hearth. While reminding you that since Minjoo isn’t around you have no reason to ditch the campfire and sing-a-long.

You tried to protest but your sister is determined to bring you along with her, in the end you have no choice but to sit with your siblings and participate in sing-a-long. Without even noticing the sing-a-long ended, campers went back to their cabins including your siblings but you decided to stay a bit longer, hoping. During the sing-a-long instead of actually participating, your eyes keep on roaming around, scanning the face of the campers, searching for a certain Athena girl.

But all you got was disappointment, because it seems like Minjoo isn’t back yet. It is already late when you enter your cabin, all your siblings are already asleep except for Hyewon and Winter, you notice that their beds are both empty. You flopped down on your bed and once again, wonder why Minjoo didn’t come back today. You are busy thinking about possible reasons why she hasn’t comeback yet when Hyewon entered the cabin and sat on your bed. You looked at her, your brows furrowed curious on what’s up with her.

 

“What can you do in the name of love, Yujin?” she asks, looking intently at you.

 

“Where did that question came from?" you replied, looking at her with a puzzled look.

 

Hyewon chewed her lower lip and released a sigh before answering.

 

“Nowhere,” she answered, with a click of her tongue “Goodnight, Yujin” she added, before standing up and walking towards her own bed.

 

You wanted to ask her what made her ask that question but she already flopped down on her bed and covered herself with her blanket. You wonder if she’s drunk or maybe she’s sleeps talking, you chuckled at the idea of Hyewon sleep talking. Instead of bugging her, you decided to just ask her tomorrow. Most of the times you really can’t understand what goes on inside Hyewon’s mind.

With too many thoughts running in your mind you find yourself unable to sleep. You've been tossing and turning on your bed for hours now. You feel envious because your siblings are sound asleep while can't even get a blink of sleep. Around 5am you finally give up, you get up and change into your training clothes, putting your hoodie on top of it. You walked out of your cabin and head towards the place where you know you'll have peace of mind.

It is early morning but a lot of campers are already loitering around the camp. This doesn't surprise you; demigods are always agitated and feels the need to train and fight every time. Maybe except for children of Aphrodite who prefers to get enough time of sleep for their skincare and children of Hypnos, those kids are always asleep. Hyewon even joked one time that she thinks you are daughter of Hypnos because you sleep a lot. You chuckled at that certain memory.

After carefully walking in the dark forest you finally hear the sound of waves crushing into the side of the cliff. It is still dark when you arrive at your destination. You sat down and released a sigh. This place never fails to make you feel better. It is like a safe haven, just by sitting here watching the Long Island Sound all your thoughts seem to vanish. You lay on the back gaze at the midnight blue sky. Closing your eyes, you finally feel at peace.

The sun is already up high when you opened your eyes. You didn’t even notice that you fell asleep, your back hurts from laying on the grass. After stretching you got up and trudge back towards the camp. Wishing that you can still catch breakfast even though your watch says that its already past 9 in the morning. You can’t believe you manage to snatch 4 hours of sleep in that open area.

After taking shower and fixing yourself you went out of the cabin not paying attention to your surroundings. That is why you stumble when someone suddenly jump to you out of nowhere.

 

“Big pup!” she said engulfing you into a bone crushing hug “I miss you”

 

“What in Hades,” you said struggling from her hold “We saw each other just two days ago. Get off me, you duck”

 

Yena released you from her hold, her lips prodding.

 

“What was that for?” you said fixing your crumpled shirt.

 

“Nothing,” she shrugged “I just missed you”

 

“What in Zeus’ name, are you into?” you replied rolling your eyes to her.

 

You walked towards the direction of Archery Range for your training and she followed you, she even walks a little bit ahead of you. You notice how light her steps are, like there’s a spring in every step she takes. You thought that she must be in good mood to act like that.

 

“Nothing, bro” she said, turning around to face you, an idiotic smile plastered on her face “Just happily in love,” she added, putting her arms around your shoulder.

 

“You, lovesick fool” you scoff, and she just laughed “So, you and Yuri are official now?” you ask, side eyeing her.

 

“You can say that” she replied, still looking like a fool.

 

 “You had it that bad, huh?” you said, shaking your head.

 

“Oh, you’re the one to talk” Yena countered, head locking you. “Just because your girl isn’t here right now you can act like you are not whipped”

 

Once again you struggled from her hold, you easily shook her off given that you are taller than her.

 

“What are you talking about?” You denied, pushing her away.

 

“You and your denials, Pup” she said, shaking her head.

 

“You really should-” you started, but someone cut you off.

 

“What’s this?” Hyewon appearing, beside you out of nowhere “Talking about love and pursuing without the daughter of the goddess of love”

 

Yena chuckled and you just looked at Hyewon like she is joking or something.

 

“I AM Venus’ daughter” you said, emphasizing your words.

 

“Oh really,” Hyewon countered, giving you a mocking look “I thought you are Phobos’ daughter” she added, with a shrug.

 

Upon hearing what Hyewon said Yena burst into another fit of laughter while you look at them puzzled.

 

“What was that supposed to mean?” you ask, stopping from your tracks “and who is Phobos?”

 

Hyewon and Yena shared a look and laughed once again like what you’ve said is the funniest thing, they have heard in their lives.

 

“Your half-brother is deeply insulted right now” Yena said, still laughing.

 

“Go and figure it out, Sister” Hyewon said shaking her head.

 

“Why can’t you just tell me?” you replied, annoyed that they keep on dodging your question.

 

“What’s the fun in that?” Hyewon said, smirking “By the way, Yuri is looking for you. She’s at the infirmary right now” Hyewon said, turning to Yena.

 

Upon hearing Yuri’s name Yena’s ears perked up, she immediately stops from laughing and turned to Hyewon.

 

“I have to go, my girl is waiting for me” she added, smiling smugly at you.

 

She run towards the infirmary which I just few meters from where you currently are. You watch Yena’s running figure while Hyewon just shake her head and turned you.

 

“And you,” Hyewon said putting her arms around your shoulder “You need to come with me. I’ve been looking for you since I woke up” she added dragging you as she walks

 

“What?” you ask wondering “Why?”

 

 “Just come with me, Sister” she said still walking towards the direction of the Big House

 

“Hey, what’s with your question last night?" you ask when you remember her weird actions last night

 

“What question?” you replied nonchalantly “I don’t remember asking you any question” she added

 

“The one before you sleep last night” you said reminding her

 

“You must be dreaming, Yujin” she said smirking

 

You rolled your eyes to her and just give up on asking questions. So, you just let her half drag you towards the Big House. Hyewon stopped in front of the porch and let go of you.

 

“You should fix yourself,” she said turning her head to you while you just give her a questioning look “Minjo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter