Chapter 3 - Drawn

Part of Me (will always be yours)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

 

True enough you woke up this morning feeling excited for no particular reason. You are starting to think that something is wrong with you. You tried so hard you shake off the feeling, you participated on sword fighting lead by Ares Cabin. You even attended music class where a satyr thought you how to play a violin, you accompany Winter and Hyewon on the beach and yet despite all your efforts you just can't shake it off from your system.

It was already late noon when you decided to finally follow that small voice inside your head. You've been going around the camp for almost an hour now and you are utterly exhausted, you already checked all the possible place you can think of, but you still can't find the person you've been looking for.

Emerging from the woods after checking the Cliffside and Bunker 9, you walked past the Forge and saw Yena polishing a celestial bronze sword.

 

"Hey Yena!" you greet her, as you enter the Forge

 

"Yujin," she simply said, her attention focus on what she's doing.

 

"Have you seen Minjoo?" You ask, since you are already tired of walking around the Camp looking for her.

 

"What do you want from her?" Yena ask, putting down the sword and focusing her attention to you.

 

"Nothing," you answered, because it’s the truth.

 

There's no particular reason why you are looking for her aside from the fact that you want to see her ever since you woke up and that nagging voice inside your head telling you to go find Minjoo, see how pretty can she be once she smiles genuinely.

 

"Have you seen her?" you asked again, because Yena is just looking at you suspiciously, instead of answering your question.

 

"She's at Bunker 9" Yena answered then go back to examining the sword "She had been there since early morning."

 

"I just came from the bunker 9 and she isn't there" You replied

 

"She's there Yujin, trust me" Yena replied "maybe you just didn't see her she’s good at hiding and lurking"

 

You are about to protest but then she shoos you away, saying she's busy and that she needs to finish that sword but you stayed for a bit and watch her. It’s a pretty sword -pretty and deadly- you wonder to whom it belonged to.

 

"You did a pretty great job with that sword" You commented while watching her do her thing

 

"Pretty isn't it" she said proudly, and you just nodded eyeing the intricate details of the sword "Minjoo ask me to modify it"

 

"She owns that sword?" you asked, quite surprise that Minjoo wields such weapon

 

"Yep, I think Athena gave it to her as birthday gift" Yena answered with shrugged "I thought you're going to see Minjoo?" she suddenly asks, giving you that look again.

 

"Right," You said, as you start to walkout of the forge “I’ll go now”

 

Walking towards Bunker 9 you realized how almost every camper have their personal weapon, except you. Even Wonyoung brought her bow and arrow with her and Hitomi has her whip but you have nothing. When you were at Camp Jupiter you would just borrow a sword or spear at the Armory that is why you don't have your own. It made you envious cause you also want to have you own weapon.

Immersed in your own thought you arrive at the Bunker 9 without even noticing it. You walked around the workshop looking for a certain brunette but she’s nowhere to be found. Giving up, you walked towards one of Yena's siblings who just narrowly miss the falling piece of machine that drop from the ceiling.

 

"Have you seen Minjoo here?" you ask

 

"I think she already left” he said dodging another piece that dropped from the ceiling

 

You thanked him and is about to leave when you noticed the stair leading up to the second floor. You look up, squinting your eyes but there's no one up there. You released a sigh and decided to just climb up and check. The second floor is empty except from a table with blueprints laying around and some broken piece of metal.

You scanned the place for the second time yet there's no Minjoo, you are about to go down when you notice a cavern at the end of the second floor. You walk toward it and saw Minjoo, looking down dropping broken pieces of projects to the campers.

 

"What are you doing?" You asked, curious on what she's up to. She jumped from her seat before turning towards you.

 

"Yujin!” she said holding her chest “you startled me"

 

"Oops sorry" you said sheepishly, rubbing the back of your neck "Anyways, what are you doing?"

 

"Nothing," she said smirking "Just messing around with Hephaestus’ kids" she added dropping the piece that she's holding

 

"Seriously dad?! " one of the campers shouted

 

Minjoo smirk even more, satisfied from the reaction that she got

 

"This part is concealed and cannot be seen unless you look closely or unless you already know where to look" she explain shrugging the dirt from her hand "So those kids thinks that Hephaestus is the one who drops those scraps"

 

You watch her, amused that the Head Counselor decided to spent her time messing around

 

"Do you do that often?" You ask, taking a sit beside her close enough for you to smell her Jasmine scented perfume

 

"No, just when Yena isn't around" she shrugged “She knows this cavern so I can’t fool her. What are you doing here, by the way?"

 

"Nothing," you shrugged “Just wanted to see you” you mumble

 

"What did you say I didn't catch that" she said leaning towards you

 

"Nothing," you answered immediately, leaning away from her cause her perfume is overwhelming you but in a good way "I saw your sword" you said instead, to change the topic.

 

"Did Yena finish it already?" she asks, excitement evident on her voice

 

"Yeah, I think so" you answered "She's just polishing it when I saw her earlier"

 

"That's great!" she said, with satisfied smile "I've been asking her to modify it since last month but she's too reluctant to do it. Good thing I found a way to blackmail her into modifying it."

 

"Blackmail, huh?" you commented, surprise that Minjoo have it in her to blackmail someone.

 

"Yeah, I finally found out why she keeps on getting herself admitted to the infirmary," she shakes her head while speaking "It turns out she has a thing for Yuri and she's too dumb to ask the girl out, so instead she tries so hard to find a way to injure herself." she chuckles amuse at her friend’s silly antics.

 

"So that Yuri will take care of her?" you asks in disbelief, when you finally realize why.

 

"A very Yena thing to do, right?" she nodded, still chuckling

 

The two of you fell into silence, a comfortable one. She took a sketch pad from her bag and started drawing. You took a peek and saw that she's designing sword

 

"You're good at drawing," you commented

 

"Hmm" she hummed "What’s your weapon, Yujin?" she asks you but her focus is still on her sketch pad

 

"Sword sometimes Spear" you said shifting to a more comfortable position "Depends on what's available in the armory"

 

"You don’t have your own weapon?" she said looking at you with her brows furrowed

 

"I don't have one yet," you started "I became part of the camp just 3 months ago, I'm still a probatio" you said showing her your lead pendant that with 'probatio' etched on it

 

"And being a probatio means you're not allowed to have your own personal weapon?" she further inquired

 

"You can say that, since probatio are not yet officially part of the Legion so it doesn't feel quite right to carry a personal weapon when I'm not even officially part of it" you explain picking at the helm of your shirt

 

"Is there a requirement to be officially part of the Legion?" she asks turning back to drawing

 

"I need to do something heroic or finish a quest" You answered "I'm not really sure though" you continued with a shrugged

 

She just hummed, once again the two of you fell into comfortable silence. The only sound you can hear the occasional banging from below.

 

"I realized just now," she suddenly said "You didn't have the tattoo on your arm, unlike Wonyoung and Hitomi, I suppose they are official members of the Legion" she stated

 

"Yeah, Wonyoung have been in service for 4 years now while Hitomi started her service 2 years ago" those are what they told you and you're not really sure of the specifics on how they got into service.

 

"What does the tattoo mean? I notice Wonyoung and Hitomi have different tattoos except for the letters" she asks curiously

 

"The letters are similar to everyone 'SPQR' it is a sign for the ancient government of Rome" you answered after moments of thinking "While the symbols represent the parentage of the camper, Wonyoung with Lyre because of her father and Hitomi with crossed torch, Ceres' symbol. Then the lines below 'SPQR' signifies your years of service in the Legion" you further explain, all according to what you know and what your friends in Camp Jupiter told you.

 

She nodded as she absorbs the information you just shared.

 

"That means when you start your service in the Legion, you'll have dove tattoo on your arm" she suddenly said with an amuse smile

 

You looked at her with your knitted brow. You try to think why she said that, you wonder why would you have a dove tattoo on your arm.

 

"Aphrodite's symbol?" her smile dropped after you look at her like that. She seems disappointed at your reaction.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter